It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My fingers are crossed for MODO Bass to be on special... I think it's the only thing I'm interested in at the moment... and even then, I don't need, so I can wait for a special.

Is battery 4 good? Worth 100 dollars?

EnGee wrote:Well, I might buy something simple from NI (one of the 4 Reaktor synths: Form, Spark, Rounds or Kontour), but not sure really as I have more than I need :o
Rounds is a really fantastic synth, really underrated. The supersaws in that are sick.

... and then Cubase 9.5 gets released... no Black Friday, but still... :roll:
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

For sure
Reaktor @ 50%off
Synthmaster One crossgrade @ 15 €
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

ghettosynth wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I'm on the fence right now because I can get the Komplete 11 Ultimate upgrade for $299.50
You want the Ultimate upgrade, seriously. I did the math on the last sale. Even buying used you don't have to make use of very many of the products before it becomes awesome value. The used prices on the ultimate products seem to be a bit higher on average than the standard products.

It looks good except,

The only products that I really want from it are Form, Flesh, Razor, SkannerXT, ReplicaXT, SuperchargerXT, RC48, RC24, TheMouth.

Now with that said I already have a incredible collection of tools, and so if i was to suppress the urge to give into GAS, I'd really only want.

Razor.

I'm covered for Delay needs and as nice as RelicaXT sounds, I have MFM2,Satin, Ableton Pingpong Delay which I used way too much, etc. For Reverb I have Valhalla Vintage Verb and I'll probably pick up Plate sometime soon. As for Compression with SuperchargerXT, I have the regular supercharger, Alloy2, Ozone5, Presswerk.

So yah If Razor is the only thing I'd be happy with at the end of the day, I think I'd better not blow nearly $400 Canadian on stuff I wouldn't even really use that much.

Unless I had the composing chops to use the other sample libraries In Ultimate, i doubt I'd get much mileage to justify the HD space that's required for them..
:borg:

GG Audio Blue3 is what I want.
Tonewheel emulation.

V0RT3X wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I'm on the fence right now because I can get the Komplete 11 Ultimate upgrade for $299.50
You want the Ultimate upgrade, seriously. I did the math on the last sale. Even buying used you don't have to make use of very many of the products before it becomes awesome value. The used prices on the ultimate products seem to be a bit higher on average than the standard products.

It looks good except,

The only products that I really want from it are Form, Flesh, Razor, SkannerXT, ReplicaXT, SuperchargerXT, RC48, RC24, TheMouth.

Now with that said I already have a incredible collection of tools, and so if i was to suppress the urge to give into GAS, I'd really only want.

Razor.

I'm covered for Delay needs and as nice as RelicaXT sounds, I have MFM2,Satin, Ableton Pingpong Delay which I used way too much, etc. For Reverb I have Valhalla Vintage Verb and I'll probably pick up Plate sometime soon. As for Compression with SuperchargerXT, I have the regular supercharger, Alloy2, Ozone5, Presswerk.

So yah If Razor is the only thing I'd be happy with at the end of the day, I think I'd better not blow nearly $400 Canadian on stuff I wouldn't even really use that much.

Unless I had the composing chops to use the other sample libraries In Ultimate, i doubt I'd get much mileage to justify the HD space that's required for them..

Feeling the same...I've never had the ultimate package but sitting on Komplete 11 I was thinking...hmmmm, maybe at 50% off, but to be perfectly honest, I look at the comparison chart and I'm really not seeing that much that I need and I would most probably not use a most of the additional content. So AU$400 to fill a large slab of my HD with product that is not going to get used...

OK, I can shut up now, I've successfully talked myself out of it... :D

jacqueslacouth wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

It looks good except,

Razor.

Feeling the same...I've never had the ultimate package but sitting on Komplete 11 I was thinking...hmmmm, maybe at 50% off, but to be perfectly honest, I look at the comparison chart and I'm really not seeing that much that I need and I would most probably not use a most of the additional content. So AU$400 to fill a large slab of my HD with product that is not going to get used...

Ive talked myself out of it :hihi:

borealfarmer wrote:Is battery 4 good? Worth 100 dollars?
Yes, No, IMO.

I think that very very few plugins are worth $100. Is Komplete worth the $325 that you can get it for right now, you bet your ass!

Download the FREE DrumMic'a from Sennheiser, register with NI.
Crossgrade DrumMic'a to Kontakt for $124.50
Upgrade Kontakt to Komplete 11 for $199

Your cost on Battery will then be about $10 ish assuming that we simply divide the cost of Komplete by the 45 products that you get and that you don't care for a dozen or so of the products.

Is it worth that, I think so, a bit more even.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

gaf_thit wrote:GG Audio Blue3 is what I want.
Tonewheel emulation.
I'm also wanting a discount on GG Audio Blue 3. Fingers crossed!

an-electric-heart wrote:My fingers are crossed for MODO Bass to be on special....
+1

jacqueslacouth wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

It looks good except,

Razor.

Sure, I'll say this. The right time to go Ultimate is when you want between 5 and 7 packages that are in Ultimate but not in Standard AND you are a version or two behind on Standard. When that's true, the marginal cost of Ultimate over upgrading to new standard is $200 meaning that each of your 5 to 7 products cost you $40 or less. You can't beat that price on the used market.

dangayle wrote:
EnGee wrote:Well, I might buy something simple from NI (one of the 4 Reaktor synths: Form, Spark, Rounds or Kontour), but not sure really as I have more than I need :o
Rounds is a really fantastic synth, really underrated. The supersaws in that are sick.
Yes I agree! Rounds is really a very good synth, but because I have Reaktor 6, there are many great options for a VA and/or SuperSaw synths. There is the 2-OSC in the factory library (this is from R5) and great blocks in R6.

There are also tons (and they are tons!) of user library ensembles. I haven't checked for few months and now I'm seeing dozens that I'm interested in!

Oh, and I remembered the CHA-OSC that is the foundation of Spark! So,I found it (no need for Spark I believe): https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/5877/

Razor and Prism are the must have for me besides Reaktor 6. I already have them, so nothing from NI this year :D

V0RT3X wrote:It looks good except,

Razor.

I wish they had two options:

- Komplete: Reaktor everything + effects
- Komplete: Kontakt everything + effects

Having the extra symphonic and post libraries on hand is nice for my home workstation, but there’s no way I’m using up all the space on my laptop for that.

Return to “Instruments”