It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to see the Live 10 upgrade for $49. Otherwise they will not see my money :x

Tempted for Reaktor but I already have Modular and a real ARP Odyssey.

Jax Pok wrote:Tempted for Reaktor but I already have Modular and a real ARP Odyssey.
You know, I love Modular but it can't touch what you can do in Reaktor. At least not yet. Maybe not ever. Reaktor is its own beast.

I'm certainly glad I picked up mine.

Regarding upgrade to Komplete Ultimate, is it so that if one upgrade to it, you are forever locked to updating the whole ultimate package when a new version comes and not just Komplete? One can't downgrade to komplete and upgrade by any path, except sell and rebuy?

wagtunes wrote:
Jax Pok wrote:Tempted for Reaktor but I already have Modular and a real ARP Odyssey.
You know, I love Modular but it can't touch what you can do in Reaktor. At least not yet. Maybe not ever. Reaktor is its own beast.

Was just checking through the Reaktor library that came with Komplete yesterday and there's some really nice stuff on there. Not sure I'll go deep into programming due to limits to spare time but it's like another Komplete inside Komplete.

shonky wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Was just checking through the Reaktor library that came with Komplete yesterday and there's some really nice stuff on there. Not sure I'll go deep into programming due to limits to spare time but it's like another Komplete inside Komplete.
And adding the user library, it's neverending, so much content. A reaktor to get anywhere with.

Reaktor in itself is another world. You can literally just open it up, go to the online user download area and get lost there forever.

I'm not sure I'd want to do entire songs with nothing but Reaktor, as it can take up a lot of CPU, but it certainly adds to just about anything you could think of doing.

And if you have the skills (I don't) you can make just about any synth imaginable with the absolute best sound quality. One only needs to listen to blocks to realize that.

While I don't use Reaktor as much as I should, I am very glad I have it. And the reason I don't use it as much as I should is because I am so overwhelmed by all the choices. I mean there are literally more ensembles than all my other VSTs added together.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

akeia wrote:I would like to see the Live 10 upgrade for $49. Otherwise they will not see my money :x
Facts :lol:

I would like to see a tone 2 sale this year. I’ve had my eyes on electra 2 for a while now.

Kimbo wrote:
akeia wrote:I would like to see the Live 10 upgrade for $49. Otherwise they will not see my money :x
Talk about super cheapskate, I don't know of even one DAW that charges $49 or less for a version upgrade. Looks like its FL Studio for you or GTFO... :lol:

Nah in my opinion what is offered in live 10 is not worth the $270 or so dollars it costs. Especially since i just bought live 9 a couple of months before the announcement.

Live 10 has new effects and instruments which other companies would sell upto £80 for each they could of made them optional though then the £50 upgrade looks about right.

pekbro wrote:
Kimbo wrote:
Talk about super cheapskate, I don't know of even one DAW that charges $49 or less for a version upgrade. Looks like its FL Studio for you or GTFO... :lol:
Hahahah man cubase just dropped an upgrade for 60 bucks so I dunno

That upgrade is from Std to the suite btw, normally a $460 upgrade.
So comparatively, that would be Cubase Artist to Pro, I seriously doubt that you can do that for $60.

Return to “Instruments”