Do VSTs Make The Cut?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My God it looks like someone dosed that cat. Poor thing.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
braj wrote:
zzz00m wrote:I bought my first synth in 1984.

My recommendation now is to throw it all away and buy IK Syntronik, and have fun! :D
I dunno, I'm not sold on Syntronic. You could get Repro-1 and Synthmaster and probably something else too with that money.

I was not impressed AT ALL with the free version.
I was kind of stoked that more effects and filters made it into Sampletank, but yeah, not impressed with Syntronic itself. I wish the arps made it into Sampletank just for convenience. I can see it appealing to someone that doesn't want to program their own sounds so much as use the presets, but even then, meh.

And honestly, the GUIs, which I guess to many are a big selling point, make you have to learn a bunch of different limited layouts to the same engine, and you can't load as many instances as Sampletank, I really think they should have updated Sampletank with that arp, the split editor, improved the whole plugin's GUI with one good design, released 'Syntronic' as new sound banks and called it all Sampletank 4. It just seems like they wanted to make their version of Korg's Module basically.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zerocrossing wrote:
Synthman2000 wrote:I say post your music up and let KVR decide that.
No. Don't.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vst EQs can for sure make the cut
:clown:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Umma just drop this somewhat unrelated thing here because I thought it might be interesting

http://www.vstplanet.com/News/2017/gyl- ... -synth.htm
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Urs wrote:
EnGee wrote:
Urs wrote:My list, omitting company bias:
3) Octave Cat SRM
Now! You brought it to yourself! When are we going to see/listen/play with the Cat emulation?! :x
Well, it was sacrificed for a poly version of our previous attempt to establish a neat mono synth. The vote-by-wallet for poly stuff has teleported the priority of a Cat emulation down to the bottom part of our ever growing todo list.
I understand. I hope we can see the Cat before 2020 :pray:

Teksonik wrote:How can anyone have 10 favorite synths and want to waste time posting about them rather than spending time enjoying them ? :shrug:

So to that end I'm going back in to the studio. :party:
If I learned one thing in my life then it's this: Don't waste time trying to understand other people. But still makes me wonder why you are wasting your time commenting a thread that doesn't interest you. What's the problem if Wags enjoys writing about his favourite plugins, no one is forced to read it.

planz wrote:
Teksonik wrote:How can anyone have 10 favorite synths and want to waste time posting about them rather than spending time enjoying them ? :shrug:

If I learned one thing in my life then it's this: Don't waste time trying to understand other people. But still makes me wonder why you are wasting your time commenting a thread that doesn't interest you. What's the problem if Wags enjoys writing about his favourite plugins, no one is forced to read it.
Don't you understand? This is what KVR does. They attack for anything they can possibly think of. If you say the sky is blue they will make up some scientific reason why the sky isn't blue. If you say we breathe in oxygen and expel carbon dioxide they'll tell you you're wrong. It doesn't matter. These people live to tear others down. It's why I so hate this place sometimes I don't honestly know why I stay here.

The sad part is, I am starting to get so numb to all the nastiness that it's starting to not even bother me anymore. Besides, I can give as good as I get. I used to be a nice person. Now, I'm just a nasty SOB thanks to this place.

So please, don't waste your time trying to understand any of this.

It's the Internet mentality and it's not going away anytime soon.

wagtunes wrote:I used to be a nice person. Now, I'm just a nasty SOB thanks to this place.
I have become a more tolerant person thanks to this place. To each his own.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

planz wrote:

We're poking fun at Wag because he's made countless threads over the years basically discussing EXACTLY the same thing. What synths he doesn't like, what synths he does like, lists of synth he does like and doubtless lists of synths he doesn't. We all love him really :love: :party: :tu:
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Unno. I have a bass and a lead. But when I put reverb on my lead it seems to come upfront.

do_androids_dream wrote:We're poking fun at Wag because he's made countless threads over the years basically discussing EXACTLY the same thing. What synths he doesn't like, what synths he does like, lists of synth he does like and doubtless lists of synths he doesn't. We all love him really :love: :party: :tu:
Yep. :tu:

And no matter what the lists looked like, wether dealing with "good" or "bad" synths/fx: He bought them all.

Vortifex wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Vortifex wrote: If money wasn't an issue I'd buy maybe three really good hardware synths and forget about most VSTs.
What was that old saying....A fool and his money are soon parted ? :lol:
Why would I be a fool to do that? Each to their own.
Because hardware synths are no longer the gold standard of synthesis. HW is not the zenith of synthesis. Dropping the power and sound quality of VSTi's in favor of limited and tired sounding HW would be a silly move.

But you're right.....to each his own. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”