Hexeract By Auddict

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
cbtw
KVRer
14 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Post Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Due to a misconception of the structure of Hexeract I made wrong assumptions here and deleted the post.
Clarification from Auddict starts here
Last edited by cbtw on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

conquerator2
KVRer
2 posts since 8 Mar, 2018

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:22 am

I've utilized this extensively in my recent project. Used 9 instances of various Hexeract presets and customized those. So far this thing only crashed twice and it very stable on my system (Cubase 9.5). The sounds were very good and I was able to find or customize things to get quickly to what I wanted. Considering the asking price it's been a great investment, though I do understand that stability is not equally good across DAWs. For what it's worth the context is of great quality, though I'd second that more presets would be welcome!

dnekm
KVRAF
2376 posts since 19 Apr, 2005 from The City Beneath the Sea

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:07 pm

For what it is worth, I bought this originally thinking I could port the Anomaly sounds into it but after playing with it initially and since the last update - I am content with my purchase and it is now a sound design tool.

This instrument can do things others cannot. I have already used it in making some of the sounds in Anomaly XXV. I am also sure I will discover other possibilities in future experiments other than the ones I saw at the beginning.

So, in the end - after a bit of frustration and regret - and a bit more patience - I am happy.

Admittedly my needs are not the same as those who are looking for an "instrument". Have patience...

wagtunes
KVRAF
13253 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:46 pm

dnekm wrote:For what it is worth, I bought this originally thinking I could port the Anomaly sounds into it but after playing with it initially and since the last update - I am content with my purchase and it is now a sound design tool.

This instrument can do things others cannot. I have already used it in making some of the sounds in Anomaly XXV. I am also sure I will discover other possibilities in future experiments other than the ones I saw at the beginning.

So, in the end - after a bit of frustration and regret - and a bit more patience - I am happy.

Admittedly my needs are not the same as those who are looking for an "instrument". Have patience...
Okay, I gotta ask. What is it that this thing can do that nothing else can do?

dnekm
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:51 pm

The thing here is - I do not disclose how I do what I do.... Take it for what it is.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:27 pm

dnekm wrote:The thing here is - I do not disclose how I do what I do.... Take it for what it is.
So in other words, you find something in this instrument that you don't find in other instruments. That's fair enough. But as an owner of over 100 VSTs, there is nothing that this thing does that I can't do with something else. Heck, the sample import, which was the main thing I was interested in, doesn't even work.

But I'm glad you're getting something out of it.

I'm just glad they refunded my purchase because it was without a doubt the biggest mistake I made as far as musical purchases last year.

cbtw
KVRer

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:35 pm

Due to a misconception of the structure of Hexeract I made wrong assumptions here and deleted the post.
Last edited by cbtw on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

dnekm
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:00 pm

To both of you - needs vary. I simply seek to turn things into other things. I will use any tools I can find to do so.

You are both seeking to use it as an instrument.

So we have our different views.

But to state that
I would state that there is simply nothing other instruments can't do
is quite wrong as all instruments have different parameters and limitations.

Part of the beauty in working with virtual instruments is in finding and exploiting their differences.

cbtw
KVRer

Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:14 pm

Last edited by cbtw on Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:00 am

dnekm wrote:To both of you - needs vary. I simply seek to turn things into other things. I will use any tools I can find to do so.

You are both seeking to use it as an instrument.

So we have our different views.

But to state that
I would state that there is simply nothing other instruments can't do
is quite wrong as all instruments have different parameters and limitations.

Part of the beauty in working with virtual instruments is in finding and exploiting their differences.
I'm not saying that there's another instrument that is exactly like Hexeract. All I'm saying is, take any feature of Hexeract and there's some instrument out there that can do the same thing. There is nothing special about this piece of crap, not in its sound or in its feature set. Not to mention how horribly buggy it is.

I'm glad there are people out there who like this synth. But you got to wonder about something. I have bought close to every VST out there. I would dare match my collection against anybody else's. And yet, in spite of that, not only don't I have this piece of crap but after stupidly buying it without a demo, I actually had it refunded. Something I've never done with any other VST. And trust me, not every one I own is a gem. But this is the absolute worst. Sample import doesn't work at all anymore. Modulation options are limited at best.The sound engine is okay but there's very little raw material to work with. Absolutely the most disappointing purchase I've made since going ITB.

To each his own I guess. But this is the last time I ever buy an instrument that doesn't have a working demo.

Michael L
KVRAF
2357 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from the End of the World as we Knowit

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:12 am

dnekm wrote: I will discover other possibilities in future experiments
Once again it's the musician, not just the machine.

wagtunes
KVRAF

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:02 am

Michael L wrote:
dnekm wrote: I will discover other possibilities in future experiments
Once again it's the musician, not just the machine.
The machine still has to work.

cbtw
KVRer

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:20 am

Now I remember why I never signed up here.

vurt
addled muppet weed
37098 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 am

cbtw wrote:Now I remember why I never signed up here.
yet, here you are...

welcome to the machine. which has to work, apparently.

Chrisboy2000
KVRist
44 posts since 21 Apr, 2008 from Germany

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:15 pm

Wow.
Secondly. I am sorry about my comments about Hexeract. They were kind enough to offer me a refund and I should have left it at that.
Taken from here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=500623&start=375#wrap

Not only have you apologized in another thread for your comments about our software only after receiving a shitstorm for your insulting statements, you actually use THE EXACT SAME WORDS again without being asked for. Even worse, now you are actually using the fact that we granted you a refund to further bad-mouth this product, which is low, even for you.

This is the last time that I will respond to anything you write anywhere (don't feed the troll), but I couldn't leave this uncommented.

Back to something real: the FL Studio bug should be fixed by now and will be included in the next update. Weirdly, if the tempo in FL Studio is set below 107BPM, it will choose randomly bigger buffer sizes resulting in access violations and this condition slipped through our testing.

If anyone has issues with FL Studio, please write our support then I'll send the download links to the hotfix.

Return to “Instruments”