Hexeract By Auddict

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRer
18 posts since 5 Apr, 2018

Post Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:41 pm

Hey, thank you for the offer. I'd rather be patient and enjoy the sun atm. But good to know you're still on it :-)

KVRist
48 posts since 21 Apr, 2008 from Germany

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:36 am

Good choice ;)

KVRer
16 posts since 22 Apr, 2005 from Germany

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Chrisboy2000 wrote:Yes actually there is a big update almost ready for release but we are still doing the testing. If you want PM me, then I‘ll send you then beta for 1.1.0.
Umm, any chance you finished the testing of the 'almost ready release' before Xmas this year?

KVRian
1376 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:54 am

Auddict wrote:Hexeract Major Update: 1.1.0 Out Now
Wave-shaping, MPE, New FX (and more) Bug/Crash Fixes http://www.hexeractsynth.com

Including Brand New Hexeract-III Presets

Hexeract 1.1.0 boasts, on average, a 50% CPU usage reduction, up to as much as 80%, with various new features and presets included.

Longer in-the-making than predicted, but for good reason; Hexeract v1.1.0 includes wave-shaping and MPE-compatibility. Use a ROLI or other MPE controller and assign gestures (slide, press, glide etc) to Hex parameters. An MPE modulator tab has been added to facilitate control via an MPE controller.

A MIDI Routing tab has been added, allowing the user to route the arpeggiator to only select oscillators, assign MIDI channels select oscillators and adjust whether the keyboards in the KEYS tab control all, or select oscillators. This feature is mainly aimed at iOS users (iPad version coming soon).

Other features include an envelope tab with more stage parameters (e.g. attack curve), a fantastic sounding overdrive FX module and master convolution reverb. Various UI improvements have also been added.

UPDATE:
Auddict wrote: Patched Hexeract Update! 1.1.0

A Few Nasties Snuck in at the Last Second!

A couple of annoying bugs snuck in at the last second, including an issue that prevented multiple instances from running in Cubase, and a startlog.txt being written automatically to the desktop.
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 5 Pro; FL Studio 20.8; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer/Producer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

KVRist
121 posts since 18 Mar, 2017

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:30 pm

Has this last sneaky bug been sorted for Cubase yet? Was just about to jump on the ship since ive been going back and forth for some time now. Mostly since i really like the sonic character of the demos etc. Just up my alley so to speak. I wrote about 4 months ago asking, since there aint a demo to try out if it works how it works with a refund etc in case it just to hold up. Havnt heard anything back.

If you have any suggestion or have a solution im willing to listen. Probarly i will buy it one day casue you guys have my attension, but before i atleast have a chance in running it without to much hastle i will hold my horses. So a very big thank you for letting us know about this bug.. Keep up the good work ;)

KVRian
1376 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:52 pm

Vaijj wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:30 pm
Has this last sneaky bug been sorted for Cubase yet?
The way I interpreted that update announcement is that the latest update was built almost specifically to fix the "multiple instances from running in Cubase" issue.

While I don't know for certain, I would think that any downloadable demo would be built from the latest source code and therefore should contain the Cubase fix as well. Give it a try and download the demo. If you do, write back here and let everyone know how it worked out for you. :tu:
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Studio One 5 Pro; FL Studio 20.8; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer/Producer; Pizzicato; Odesi | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

KVRist
48 posts since 21 Apr, 2008 from Germany

Post Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:27 pm

Yes the Cubase bug is fixed - actually it was not particular to Cubase but to most hosts when loading more than 5 instances.

KVRist
121 posts since 18 Mar, 2017

Post Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:49 am

Super.. thanks for the heads up guys.. i think its time to give it a try..

KVRian
1257 posts since 11 Nov, 2013

Post Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:18 am

yellowmix wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:45 am
Will users be able to import multisamples as sound sources? Maybe SFZ import so you don't have to implement a GUI editor? With loops points, of course. :D
I think too sfz support important. it need not support sfz env. only the multisample, vel maps, and the note assigns. is this plan ?

also nice if it is possible that the 3 osc can switch with keyswitches on low keys for articulations. for example press c1 switch osc 2 on(which contain a staccato sound) osc 1 osc 3 are switch off on next note on. when press c#1 then osc1 osc2 is off and osc 3 is on. this can contain another articulation.
win 10 64 Build 18363 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 16 GB Ram

KVRist
207 posts since 23 Feb, 2011 from Norway

Post Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:43 am

I know it's a late reply here, but I want to point out that Hexeract is my worst buy in 2018.

Interface is so uncofortable that creating new sounds on it is just a pain, there are very few presets sounding very far away from the shining demos (could they not include those presets, or they just sold post-production tricks?), no relevant updates, just a small bunch of factory samples. This synth is poor, it sounds "so and so", despite the marketing campaign.

The campaign and demos and website were all inviting, seriously well put together, but it seems like it was just good marketing, and I fell into this trap in search of a new, modern synth for next generation sounds: Hexeract is not and will never be this synth.

I am, sadly, just about to uninstall this useless waste of money.
Auddict has lost a customer forever.

GRRRRRRR!
11122 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:40 pm

Your worst buy of 2018 is my best buy of 2021! Hexeract is the most exciting VSTi I have come across in ages. It is overflowing with awesome sounds. It is the first time in years that I have spent multiple nights just playing any synth, software or hardware. I can't get enough of what this thing has to offer. The interface looks amazing but is both intuitive and very easy to use. The preset library contains more usable sounds than pretty much any synth I can think of, except maybe Equator. It also has he best MPE support I've seen since Equator, right down to changing the piano keyboard to a Roli-like Keywave when MPE is enabled.

For me, every part of Hexeract seems to have been really well thought-out. It is relatively simple but also extremely powerful, a rare combination. The sheer variety of sample content makes it unbelievably versatile. In just a week or so, I have already used it for orchestral parts, a guitar part, basslines and for bread and butter synth sounds. And it's all doable because the CPU use is so low, especially for the sound quality on offer. In the fullness of time, I reckon this will turn out to be the best $99 I've ever spent on a synthesizer.
Last edited by BONES on Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon, VG Iron | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

20237 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:28 pm

And that's because they realized after releasing this train wreck that they had to go back to the drawing board and fix everything that was wrong with it. I'm glad. But without a demo, no way do I take anybody's word for it that this synth is THAT good. Not when 4 years ago it was hands down the WORST synth I ever bought by a Texas mile.

GRRRRRRR!

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:33 pm

No guts, no glory, Wags.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon, VG Iron | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

20237 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:58 am

Hey, if you want to lend me the hundred bucks I'll be happy to take the chance.

GRRRRRRR!

Post Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:16 pm

Hmmm... I'll have to speak to my accountant.

Return to “Instruments”