Hexeract By Auddict

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Mystic wrote:On the surface from just looking at it, it feels like a mixture of Omnisphere and a pulse engine. Someone posted a video of some of the sounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRpRVz9x4RI

and hearing them raw and unprocessed really doesn't seem too impressive though the poster didn't really dig too deep.

I dunno. Holding off till more information is available. I get they wanted to hit the sale crowds but I wish they would have waited till more towards Christmas to release this so they would have all the information available for us at launch rather than getting in a tizzy and coming to early conclusions.
Very grateful for all users posting videos of course, and so happy to have so many users already, but of course the presets are all different and any sound anyone designs will have it's sweet spot, and ideal position, voicing, speed of playing, style etc, so stay tuned for our demos showing various things you can achieve with HEXERACT

We're open to requests too, if anyone wants to hear a particular style or genre (we were asked a few times about EDM stuff - so will be covering this), but don't assume because of the one initial video that ambient and big broad pads are the only thing this can do, it's a nifty beast ;)

Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:50 pm

goldenhelix wrote:
axb312 wrote: So Zebra 2 - primarily wavetable synthesis.

Hexeract - primarily subtractive synthesis (why do you say sample based? I understand subtractive to mean starting with a sound and all it's harmonics and filtering out unwanted frequencies - not 100% clear on how this affect timbre though)...

For leads I'm looking at the Legend by Synapse.

And yes, the hexeract soundscapes sound beautiful from what I've heard so far.
Saying Zebra 2 is primarily wavetable synthesis is not entirely accurate, nor is saying that Hexeract is primarily subtractive synthesis (as I understand it, since I haven't used it yet).

I think you might be a little confused. Something can be wavetable AND subtractive. Wavetable just refers to how the thing produces the raw sound. Subtractive refers to the fact that you are mainly sculpting the sound through filtering. Likewise, sample-based just refers to the fact that it doesn't have oscillators or wavetables, the source of the sounds are samples.

Also Zebra 2 has other synthesis methods like spectral, FM, comb.. It's a very versatile synth and sounds maybe more like what you are looking for based on your description, but again I have not yet used Hexeract, which I might buy but I'm waiting on some videos.
FM, AM, and all other manner of audible-spectrum Hz modulation are achievable in HEXERACT, and you can create some cracking results with it - demos of this to come of course

Mystic
KVRist
292 posts since 24 Sep, 2012

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:55 pm

Auddict-audio wrote:Very grateful for all users posting videos of course, and so happy to have so many users already, but of course the presets are all different and any sound anyone designs will have it's sweet spot, and ideal position, voicing, speed of playing, style etc, so stay tuned for our demos showing various things you can achieve with HEXERACT

We're open to requests too, if anyone wants to hear a particular style or genre (we were asked a few times about EDM stuff - so will be covering this), but don't assume because of the one initial video that ambient and big broad pads are the only thing this can do, it's a nifty beast ;)
I edited my post because I feel like it came off a bit too harsh with the "unimpressive" line when what I meant was I was expecting it to be a bit more groundbreaking sonically based on the way it was originally presented. Like I said though, the poster was not digging very deep with this and he never really hit the pads/soundscapes very hard which is where a lot of my interest lies in.

It's already covering the ground I need it to which is cinematics but what I would need from it in order to invest in a purchase is to bring something to the table I don't already achieve with other plugins. Easier said than done these days. I'm not a sound designer so I rely on presets from stock and from third parties as well so I really need to be wow'd right off the bat in that area so I know I'm not investing in something that will not be used or have very little development from other people such as another certain flying bird of prey that I had really high hopes for.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this because it does look like an interesting plugin. I just don't want to get too excited just yet. ;)

User avatar
Michael L
KVRAF
2400 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from the End of the World as we Knowit

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Because Auddict is a sample library company, I wonder how much of the demo is the samples. It would be good to see a demo that shows how those demos were created, and how Hexeract uniquely shapes a sound.

Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Mystic wrote:
Auddict-audio wrote:Very grateful for all users posting videos of course, and so happy to have so many users already, but of course the presets are all different and any sound anyone designs will have it's sweet spot, and ideal position, voicing, speed of playing, style etc, so stay tuned for our demos showing various things you can achieve with HEXERACT

We're open to requests too, if anyone wants to hear a particular style or genre (we were asked a few times about EDM stuff - so will be covering this), but don't assume because of the one initial video that ambient and big broad pads are the only thing this can do, it's a nifty beast ;)
I edited my post because I feel like it came off a bit too harsh with the "unimpressive" line when what I meant was I was expecting it to be a bit more groundbreaking sonically based on the way it was originally presented. Like I said though, the poster was not digging very deep with this and he never really hit the pads/soundscapes very hard which is where a lot of my interest lies in.

It's already covering the ground I need it to which is cinematics but what I would need from it in order to invest in a purchase is to bring something to the table I don't already achieve with other plugins. Easier said than done these days. I'm not a sound designer so I rely on presets from stock and from third parties as well so I really need to be wow'd right off the bat in that area so I know I'm not investing in something that will not be used or have very little development from other people such as another certain flying bird of prey that I had really high hopes for.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this because it does look like an interesting plugin. I just don't want to get too excited just yet. ;)
Not a problem at all! :) And we will be extending the initial preset collection (currently around 160) for all users free of charge over a few extra release packs, to at least 500.

And yes, there are absolutely sounds here you cannot achieve with other plugins, that is a guarantee - certain features and combinations are things you can only achieve through a long and laborious manual editing stretch... so on our end there are so many videos to be done, and we are so looking forward to showing off what HEXERACT can do! I'm considering whether we should start a small and regular patch building video series on youtube where we show something new and nifty each time, as there are so many little diamonds to be shown

Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:24 pm

Michael L wrote:Because Auddict is a sample library company, I wonder how much of the demo is the samples. It would be good to see a demo that shows how those demos were created, and how Hexeract uniquely shapes a sound.
Great idea! We might do a video going through the presets used in the video, and how they were created. The big "bwargh" or BRAAM sound as people call it, just halfway into the first section, for example, was created with a preset that relies nicely on the grittiness of FM synthesis :)

User avatar
dnekm
KVRAF
2408 posts since 19 Apr, 2005 from The City Beneath the Sea

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:43 pm

Please release a demo so I can at least get an idea about how it works. I would love to see if it fits my sounds....

Also - will a manual be available for everyone to read? That would also help, a bit.

User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
13606 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Just want to throw this out there. If you're a 3rd party developer and are thinking of getting this for the purpose of creating 3rd party libraries, you're limited to using the stock samples that come with the synth. The reason is because any custom samples you use MUST have the exact same path as the computer that's going to be using the samples. Otherwise, the patch will not find the sample and they'll have to manually attach the sample to the patch upon load.

This is kind of discouraging to find out but doesn't take away from how good the synth itself sounds.

But it is something 3rd party developers need to be aware of before buying so they're not caught off guard and having to deal with support headaches from customers.

Live and learn.

Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:46 pm

wagtunes wrote:Just want to throw this out there. If you're a 3rd party developer and are thinking of getting this for the purpose of creating 3rd party libraries, you're limited to using the stock samples that come with the synth. The reason is because any custom samples you use MUST have the exact same path as the computer that's going to be using the samples. Otherwise, the patch will not find the sample and they'll have to manually attach the sample to the patch upon load.

This is kind of discouraging to find out but doesn't take away from how good the synth itself sounds.

But it is something 3rd party developers need to be aware of before buying so they're not caught off guard and having to deal with support headaches from customers.

Live and learn.
Heavily requested, we'll consider this strongly and our options ;)

User avatar
dnekm
KVRAF
2408 posts since 19 Apr, 2005 from The City Beneath the Sea

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:01 pm

So, it is not a relative path that would say - look for a folder within the main folder for the samples?

A new folder for samples from a 3rd party could easily be managed with relative paths. But if everything is hard coded to a specific path per machine....

Cannot tell without looking at it...

Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:31 pm

We have here a very foundational manual ready - it only covers most features and doesn't go into much detail in many cases. As mentioned before - expect this manual to grow for some time, there's a lot to write down!

One quick thing that isn't in the manual yet, that I just have to mention now - if you are using a sample set in HEXERACT, and want multiple unison voices - make sure you turn up the "sample mod" value all the way, and you will see the phases will be randomised nicely so you'll get a nice lush sound without any adverse phasing!

http://hexeractsynth.com/manual/HEXERAC ... %201.0.pdf

Very close to releasing some demo videos too, stay tuned :)
Last edited by Auddict-audio on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dnekm
KVRAF
2408 posts since 19 Apr, 2005 from The City Beneath the Sea

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:53 pm

Link does not work.

A manual would be helpful :D

Take your time, finish everything, or most things - then release a manual.

A demo is what is needed. I will not invest in something that I cannot attach my sounds to. I need to see how to create, shall we say, viable options?

It seems you have a weird mixture of Wusik and Absynth going on. If that is the case, you have a lot more potential than people here are giving you credit for. But I cannot tell. And I do not watch online videos.

Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:08 pm

Fixed :) for some reason the link was automatically edited and spaced...

Auddict-audio
KVRist
104 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:12 pm

dnekm wrote:Link does not work.

A manual would be helpful :D

Take your time, finish everything, or most things - then release a manual.

A demo is what is needed. I will not invest in something that I cannot attach my sounds to. I need to see how to create, shall we say, viable options?

It seems you have a weird mixture of Wusik and Absynth going on. If that is the case, you have a lot more potential than people here are giving you credit for. But I cannot tell. And I do not watch online videos.
If you don’t watch online videos, how will you watch our demos ;)

Examigan
KVRAF
4361 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Re: Hexeract By Auddict

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:33 pm

"If you don’t watch online videos, how will you watch our demos."

An online video isn't really a demo, we would have to see for ourselves how well it works.

When there is a manual and a demo version then I will check it out.
For now, I will say all you can do is just wait and I won't do that. Smoke and mirrors..(?)

Return to “Instruments”