Air Music Tech Vacuum Pro Synthesizer - free with Computer Music Magazine January 2018 Issue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vacuum Pro

Anyone getting the Vacuum "Vintage" version? I tryied this one and the Pro, side by side. Vintage is just monophonic, has much less features and is blue. The basic sound is the same. Someone have found any reason to buy it?

alvfaria wrote:Anyone getting the Vacuum "Vintage" version? I tryied this one and the Pro, side by side. Vintage is just monophonic, has much less features and is blue. The basic sound is the same. Someone have found any reason to buy it?
sbangs_air wrote:
waiting man wrote:Where’s the irony in upgrading to a single-voice version of this?
A bit puzzled... :neutral:
This is more of an optional add-on than an upgrade it offers different voicing/age options and AU/VST support for those using it in Protools.
Not enough for me personally. I just switch VacuumPro to mono voice mode if I need a mono synth voice.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

alvfaria wrote:Anyone getting the Vacuum "Vintage" version? I tryied this one and the Pro, side by side. Vintage is just monophonic, has much less features and is blue. The basic sound is the same. Someone have found any reason to buy it?
There aren't many reasons at all to buy any of AIR's plugins. Years of promises to fix GUI problems and making the plugins resizable, but nothing has happened.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: There aren't many reasons at all to buy any of AIR's plugins.
True, but a $1 synth is one of them! :roll:

zzz00m wrote:
starflakeprj wrote: There aren't many reasons at all to buy any of AIR's plugins.
Yeah, ok, I agree :) I actually have their AIEP3 bundle, and I like Hybrid3 and Loom, VacuumPro not as much, but it's ok. Wouldn't have supported them buying their whole bundle if I knew how crappy their support and update frequency was though.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
Yeah, ok, I agree :) I actually have their AIEP3 bundle, and I like Hybrid3 and Loom, VacuumPro not as much, but it's ok. Wouldn't have supported them buying their whole bundle if I knew how crappy their support and update frequency was though.
I don't think it is AIR's fault. It was good tech, and probably could still be if they were allowed to run. More likely the bean counters at inMusic http://inmusicbrands.com/ in control of the development budget now. Don't really understand how they think their business strategy is a good one, unless they are just trying to monetize their acquisition by squeezing the max profits from a project that had its development costs covered years ago.

It looks to me as if inMusic has shifted its focus to the DJ market in recent years. Chasing trends in popular music? Probably going where the $$$ are now.

The soft synth market is pretty heavily saturated with very good, relatively inexpensive synths.

zzz00m wrote:
sidrat wrote:Got it too. Pretty cool. :)

The upgrade to the full AIEP bundle is $75 too. That's a lot of stuff for the money. Any of you guys rocking the other synths and instruments? What do you consider the high and low points are?
Yup, got sucked into that black hole, without regrets, two years ago. Bought Xpand!2 for a buck, then found myself upgrading to the bundle and spending two days downloading and installing stuff. :party:

The standouts are the synths VacuumPro, Loom, and Hybrid 3.

If you are into keys, the Mini Grand and DB-33 give you a decent piano and B-3 emulation, the DB-33, comes complete with a separate Leslie FX VST. There may be better options for these sounds, especially for solo players, but these will work fine in a mix.

Then there is the Strike 2 drummer, the Transfuser remix and groove machine, the Riser, and the Structure sampler. Structure comes with a 38GB sample library and includes tons of sounds.

The bundle is a good value, especially if you don't have a complete sound collection already. It's still a good deal just for the factory presets (thousands), that you can learn from. All in all a good collection of instrument sounds. If you cannot make music with these tools, then your tools are not the problem. :wink:

As far as the low points, some of these instruments have a dated UI, with fixed scaling, and old style preset browser menus. These could be very competitive instruments if AIR would update that. But if you can overlook the UI and some of the workflow, the sound is excellent. Considering the price ... :tu:
Awesome, thanks! I think I'll jump in then :)

Return to “Instruments”