Air Music Tech Vacuum Pro Synthesizer - free with Computer Music Magazine January 2018 Issue

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
telecharge
KVRist
380 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Post Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:34 pm

original flipper wrote:Sorry, I am confused.com - do you mean a simple serial to get the software working without ILOK OR, do you mean a serial that is used with ILOK?
Yes, it's iLok. If the installer doesn't accept the license key for some reason, you can register it in the iLok License Manager.

sbangs_air
KVRian
576 posts since 9 Jun, 2014 from UK

Re: Air Music Tech Vacuum Pro Synthesizer - free with Computer Music Magazine January 2018 Issue

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:47 am

nichttuntun wrote:Thank you. Everything went fine. I only got the VACUUM PRO via the computer music mag. Air already gave me the serial via e-mail.

Does anyone know if there will be updates for the CM version? Will they regular Air updates for the normal version off VACUUM PRO work with the CM version too?

Have joy and creativity
Its the full version with no catches :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

ghettosynth
KVRAF
11383 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Re: Air Music Tech Vacuum Pro Synthesizer - free with Computer Music Magazine January 2018 Issue

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:49 am

telecharge wrote:
original flipper wrote:Sorry, I am confused.com - do you mean a simple serial to get the software working without ILOK OR, do you mean a serial that is used with ILOK?
Yes, it's iLok. If the installer doesn't accept the license key for some reason, you can register it in the iLok License Manager.
I ALWAYS register iLok activation codes with the iLok manager before I even start the installer. Installs can have any number of problems and I have just found that things generally go more smoothly by having the license available before the install.

zzz00m
KVRian
1394 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:54 am

ghettosynth wrote:
telecharge wrote:
I ALWAYS register iLok activation codes with the iLok manager before I even start the installer. Installs can have any number of problems and I have just found that things generally go more smoothly by having the license available before the install.
+1 :tu:

Yes, it's actually that simple! :D

I've never had a problem with an install requiring iLok license manager using that method.
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

dtrq
KVRer
8 posts since 28 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:18 am

It's strikes how bluntly they've ripped off whole visual concept from Olga (I believe Olga was released first?) Layout, individual sections, glowing tubes when overdrive, even Russian lettering (actually broken, it's meant to be "Vacuum. Professional tube synthesizer" but says something like "profesnol tub synthesizer". But Olga too had wrong Russian).
I like the sound though.

tico-tico
KVRist
149 posts since 7 Mar, 2007 from Russia - Fishburg

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:28 am

dtrq wrote:It's strikes how bluntly they've ripped off whole visual concept from Olga (I believe Olga was released first?) Layout, individual sections, glowing tubes when overdrive, even Russian lettering (actually broken, it's meant to be "Vacuum. Professional tube synthesizer" but says something like "profesnol tub synthesizer". But Olga too had wrong Russian).
I like the sound though.
Not sure if it matters but Vacuum's writings are actually in Ukrainian language. :idea:

dtrq
KVRer
8 posts since 28 Nov, 2014

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:40 am

tico-tico wrote: Not sure if it matters but Vacuum's writings are actually in Ukrainian language. :idea:
I should have guessed!

slipstick
KVRist
159 posts since 2 Feb, 2017

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:44 am

Well I overcame my initial prejudice against iLok for long enough to give it a try. Then I fought with it for a couple of hours trying to persuade it to authorise or do anything useful other than tell me that authorisation was currently not available and there was no estimate for when it might be available again.

Decided that my original prejudices against anything iLok were fully justified and uninstalled the lot. It might be free in financial terms but when it wastes so much of my time it's still not worth the cost.

Steve

Psyclapse
KVRist
208 posts since 8 Jul, 2004 from UK

Post Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:38 am

slipstick wrote:Well I overcame my initial prejudice against iLok for long enough to give it a try. Then I fought with it for a couple of hours trying to persuade it to authorise or do anything useful other than tell me that authorisation was currently not available and there was no estimate for when it might be available again.

Decided that my original prejudices against anything iLok were fully justified and uninstalled the lot. It might be free in financial terms but when it wastes so much of my time it's still not worth the cost.

Steve
I could have written that myself. Totally matches my experience about a year ago. I would have bought several soundtoys, all of AIR's stuff and several of eventides plugs by now if it weren't for iLok. Never mind though, plenty more plugins in the sea. More than I could ever afford. :D

And I've no prejudice against licensers per se, Ive got an eLicenser and never had any trouble with it. My guess is that iLok cant cope with well secured machines and routers, must be trying to do something unusual under the covers.

sfd
KVRian
1130 posts since 14 Jul, 2013

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:30 am

Just grabbed Vacum Pro for €1 at Plugin Boutique ! :-)
Big thanks for the tip guys ! :tu:
You can listen to my music HERE and here on YouTube and on Spotify

sbangs_air
KVRian
576 posts since 9 Jun, 2014 from UK

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:02 am

slipstick wrote:Well I overcame my initial prejudice against iLok for long enough to give it a try. Then I fought with it for a couple of hours trying to persuade it to authorise or do anything useful other than tell me that authorisation was currently not available and there was no estimate for when it might be available again.

Steve
Sorry to hear this, playing Devil's advocate I would say that it was the busiest time of their whole year and normally it sails through the process.
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

VELLTONE MUSIC
KVRian
510 posts since 19 Sep, 2017 from Bulgaria

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:36 am

nichttuntun wrote:Thank you. Everything went fine. I only got the VACUUM PRO via the computer music mag. Air already gave me the serial via e-mail.

Does anyone know if there will be updates for the CM version? Will they regular Air updates for the normal version off VACUUM PRO work with the CM version too?

Have joy and creativity
i am sorry for A dull question but really where is the serial number - i check everywhere and i know how zinio system work,bough the magazine,download it from Filesilo but where to check for serial...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Joe CM
KVRer
23 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 am

nichttuntun wrote:Thank you. I think I will be a little more patient.

I also could buy COMPUTER MUSIC issue 251. But I don´t know how and where. I didn´t get it.
Links to buy the issue can be found on this page: http://bit.ly/CM_251

Plugin specs and tutorial video here: http://bit.ly/VacuumPro

Great to see plenty of Vacuum Pro fans in this thread. It's a terrific synth! :party:

And for those wondering, this is the full thing, not a cut-down version.

Joe CM
KVRer
23 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 am

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote:

Have joy and creativity
i am sorry for A dull question but really where is the serial number - i check everywhere and i know how zinio system work,bough the magazine,download it from Filesilo but where to check for serial...
Instructions are in the magazine, and there's also a tutorial video included in the FileSilo 'Tutorial Videos' downloads.

sfd
KVRian
1130 posts since 14 Jul, 2013

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:53 am

Of all the stuff Air had on sale lately - I'm a bit disappointed that there's no new libraries for Transfuser 2.

I have never seen any other Transufer libraries from Air, or anyone else, but the factory libraries.
You can listen to my music HERE and here on YouTube and on Spotify

Return to “Instruments”