Air Music Tech Vacuum Pro Synthesizer - free with Computer Music Magazine January 2018 Issue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vacuum Pro

ok. got it.

Sorry everything is in the magazine,just have to read it - my bad :)

@Velltone Music:
the Serial comes along with an e-mail from AIR.

@all:
I am happy to own VACUUM. Speaking in terms of VST synth it is a kind of it's own. It is no working horse on all stages BUT I say it does some things no other VST does sound like and in this spotlight VACUUM really shines. If you want to design nasty pads, gritty soundscapes, even gutterally laughing effects or just industrial like sounds (Skinny Puppy or Throbbing Gristle) you are on the right track. It's great for what it is and what it is specialized in.

Thank you all!

Have joy and never-ending creativity. Cheers

Ps
Only problem I had was that I couldn't store patches because the files folder is in a protected windows environment and you must be locked in as the real administrator. Anyone having the same issues? I can save now again but I have no clue how I managed it... :?

This is a pretty nice synth with some unique features!

But what I do not get is, why is Air Tech Music limiting their product by:

- Limiting the modulation capabilities? Even 2013, a synth should come with 8-16 modulation slots, and make almost all parameters available within that
- The VTOs / OSCs can be modulation source, but then not providing a triangle or sine waveform :party:
- Delay amount can be modulated only using env4
- Using ilok software protection, which requires a constantly running background system service (real ugly architecture)

They pretty much crippled this synth. Could have been much more. Well, for 2 € you can say nothing, but I would never have bought this for full or even half price due that unnecessary limitations.

Hmmm, I don´t think they "crippled" that synthesizer. Not every synth has to be a Bazille, a Zebra or another modulation madness kind of working horse. Some things are just great for what they are and in the case of Vacuum I like the limitation. The character is unique and I use it when I like to use that certain sound without fiddling hours for the sound to fit the track 8) For me that´s a great advantage.

By the way...here is a tip for you who like Vacuum and want to explore more of that kind of sound and want to have all the modulation madness involved too. Use a mod-monster synth like Bazille, Zebra, Enzyme, Blofeld (hardware - it owns the greatest mod-matrix of them all) or whatever you like and flash the sound through one of the brilliant BRAINWORX Amp simulation...no matter which one you use...they are all first class sounding and sometimes you can get them for a veeeery good price at Plugin Alliance. Man, that sound-combination rocks the hell out of you. If you are uncertain how to sweatspot a guitar amp, watch one of the several videos on youtube for that matter and you have something really special in your sound-arsenal :)

Brap On!

it's $1 / £1 at pluginboutique currently
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Jbravo wrote:it's $1 / £1 at pluginboutique currently
Monophonic and iLok. No thanks. :oops:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

it's polyphonic and software iLok

I never bought an iLok synth till they were virtually giving them away, and never had a problem
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

You sure? Hm might just buy it then.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

How do I assign LFO 1? When I open the "modulation source" drop down it is not an option. Is it only usable in conjunction with the mod wheel??? It's not at all addressed in the manual :(

Halonmusic wrote:You sure? Hm might just buy it then.
I just played chords on it and there is no iLok dongle plugged into my computer.

Hanz Meyzer wrote:This is a pretty nice synth with some unique features!

- Limiting the modulation capabilities? Even 2013, a synth should come with 8-16 modulation slots, and make almost all parameters available within that
- The VTOs / OSCs can be modulation source, but then not providing a triangle or sine waveform :party:
- Using ilok software protection, which requires a constantly running background system service (real ugly architecture)

They pretty much crippled this synth. Could have been much more. Well, for 2 € you can say nothing, but I would never have bought this for full or even half price due that unnecessary limitations.
This. Especially the iLok part. GOD i hate iLok.

Halonmusic wrote:
Hanz Meyzer wrote:This is a pretty nice synth with some unique features!

This. Especially the iLok part. GOD i hate iLok.
I get that some folks really don't like iLok, and I respect that opinion.

But the iLok background service on my nearly ancient PC (according to Process Explorer) is showing the PACE License Service as using 0.07% CPU, and 55MB memory. I really hope I have some resources left over for my synths. :o
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Where’s the irony in upgrading to a single-voice version of this?
A bit puzzled... :neutral:

I played around today with this synth again and im feeling so sad for the Air Tech Music, this synth sounds fantastic, but the GUI is one of the worst and one of the most unintuitive synth UIs i have ever used. Luckily there are awesome sounding presets to use as a preset machine. Still so sad for the company, with a proper GUI this definatly could be one of more popular synths.

This might be quite a statement but i trully believe who ever made a GUI for this synth, lost alot of money for the company.

Return to “Instruments”