One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-3100 FB-3200 FB-3300

Meh, I tried it (3100 init), too, but it doesn't scale properly "anymore" (?!). Tried it in all others and it does the same. :shrug:

That's strange, here it scales along with the incoming note pitch like it should. I didn't install the most recent update yet though, FB-3100 still at 1.1.3 ... maybe this changed in 1.1.4?

Quite possible! :o
But...nope, just tried it with 1.0.3 again and it doesn't scale right.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
I put external->KEY in FRQ of MG1. Should be right, no?!

Yeah, it should. Hmh. Maybe it depends on the waveform? xD ... I tried it with the triangle. There might also be some weirdness based on the overall AM amount, dunno. I had it at about "two o'clock"

But yeah, I double checked, it does work. As in, with AM and key sync on, I first tune into a comfortable tonal impression on the frequency dial, and then play up and down on the keyboard, it maintains that color and impression scaled to the keys, and appears to be in tune, at the correct pitch on those different notes, not dissonant.

Ehhhhh I turned it off and adjusted the dials, then back on, and now I'm struggling to hear anything that stable anymore :D :D ... I have no idea.

It's a pity I can't take part this month again... :( too much business.
I tried Björn's gems last weekend and instantly fell in love with them. Wonderful instruments!
Good luck and as much fun as possible for you who are in!
If you don't fail - you didn't even try

Guenon wrote:Ehhhhh I turned it off and adjusted the dials, then back on, and now I'm struggling to hear anything that stable anymore :D :D ... I have no idea.
I really hate to be glad about that! :hihi: :dog:
Yeah...weirdness, isn't it. Well, maybe at some point Björn sees this and has some ideas?! :shrug: :pray:

Taron wrote:...weirdness, isn't it. Well, maybe at some point Björn sees this and has some ideas?! :shrug: :pray:
Maybe you could figure out exactly how to reproduce it? Are there some patches that have it set up that work, then you change a specific setting and it stops? I bet he could have it fixed quickly if you demonstrate that.

Pff, ja, that would be nice, but the ugly truth is, I don't know, if I can even trust my memory on this? (aka: me nuts?!)
Especially, because it seems like the current state of things is likely authentic. So...what we're "asking for" is probably yet another departure from the original?! :shrug: ...and I wasn't even asking for it, if I somehow hadn't this nagging feeling that it had been working...so very strange.

Well, something to think about. How to set it up is straight forward and I wrote it already:
3100:
- "DIAGRAM" / MG 1 / FRQ = Extern Key
- Amp. MOD (on) and at any audible amount, even 100%
- MG 1 / Waveform anything other than noise, but most pleasantly Triangle, of course.
- MG 1 / Frequency fine tuned to note (somewhere in the 60% - 100% region)

Now, if the frequency was scaling properly with the keys, it would naturally be a perfect parameter for sound shaping.

Yeah I'm thinking along those same lines, it's probable it has a narrow "sweet spot" where it seems the sync works, and we both happened to hit it at different times, and it can be coaxed out and saved into a preset, but otherwise it's not as predictable as it first seemed.

Yeh, I think it would have to be log based to scale properly. Only reminds me that I should get back to coding again sometime soon. :roll: ...makes me wonder what on earth I'm doing?! :shrug:

KEY-->MG1-->AM still works. However, remember that the AM modulation is paraphonic - the "KEY" modulation source always picks the (note) value of the last pressed key...
Thus I'd only use it for monophonic keyboard action. :borg:

Cheers, Björn

Yeah, but it still doesn't scale logarithmic, so if you tune it to be on par with one note, say C3, it will quickly lose that relationship and won't be at the same (proportional) frequency already at C#3 or B and progressively getting "worse", of course.

Did you try to use one of the Voltage Processors to scale it?

Return to “Instruments”