One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-3100 FB-3200 FB-3300

OFF TOPIC
My favourite plugin venodor has started a "Referal Coupon" campaign. This means that existing customers (me) can share a 20% discount code. If this discount code will be used during checkout by new customers (you) I can get a 10% discount myself...in that case is actually a useless commission because I have everything already ;-)
Question to all: Do you mind if I share the code here?

Okay, no answer up until now. Here's the Code for Meldaproduction Discount. Have fun with christmas shopping: MELDA5663759

] Peter:H [ wrote:Okay, no answer up until now. Here's the Code for Meldaproduction Discount. Have fun with christmas shopping: MELDA5663759
Thanks! Nice gesture
:tu:

Full Bucket wrote:Yeah, the available PDF versions of the PS-3100 manual are a bit messed up... especially the page about the Sample & Hold unit is missing (while others pages have doublets).
Thus I found myself browsing this excellent resource here: https://www.korganalogue.net/korgps/index.html :party:

You ask about my feelings: It was a lot of work but an amazing and rewarding journey. I received so much positive feedback from all over the world, and now I am totally happy about this OSC! :tu:

Cheers, Björn
Thank you, Björn sir..! Your dedication and efforts are worth appriciation. I would have never known these early era synths without trying your efficient plugins. :clap: :tu:

And additionally I must say, I have been looking for microtuning in a good sounding freeware synth since I started working with softsynths. My hunt is over. :party: :D

Dee.P.Tree wrote:
generaldiomedes wrote: Getting this in before our baby arrives or I might never finish it :)
Congratulations and Best of luck for additional responsibilities. :party:
Thanks, gonna need it!!

Frostline wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
You are not allowed to use any distortion or sound manglers. Only if it is present in the synths.
From https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/rules
Effects - what is allowed:
Distortion: Please use distortion / tape saturation / bit crushing sparingly. Use your best judgement. Try to keep the original sound recognizable. Note that this does not apply if the distortion is built in to the synth.
To me that does not imply not allowed at all. :shrug:
Further references to distortion are always preceded with the adjective "heavy" in the rules.

Where are you getting the information on which you are basing your opinion of any distortion is not allowed as opposed to the specific "heavy" distortion?
My bad. I thought we couldnt use any distortion or Saturation at all. :scared: :dog:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:My bad. I thought we couldnt use any distortion or Saturation at all. :scared: :dog:
That's what I thought too when I first started the OSC, however I think if it was simply described as 'light saturation' and limited to that only I think there would be less confusion as there is a case for that as a mix tool.

The main problem I think with limiting effects comes during the drum programming - so often you have to overboard just to get anything that sounds halfway decent. Especially when the synth has no on board effects.

purelygrey wrote:Hi all,

I've been in spectator mode for quite a while, but this month I've decided to actually participate! Here's my submission: https://soundcloud.com/purelygrey/purel ... ing-stroll

I used FB-3100 and stock Reaper plugins and JSFX, here's the full list:
28x FB-3100
23x ReaEQ
14x ReaComp
13x MDA Pseudo-Stereo
11x ReaVerbate
7x ReaDelay
4x MIDI Delay
4x Time Adjustment Delay
2x 3-Band Splitter
2x 3-Band Joiner
2x MIDI Transpose Notes
2x ReaGate
2x Soft Clipper/Limiter
1x Event Horizon Limiter/Clipper
1x Ping Pong Pan
1x ReaXcomp

Hope you enjoy!
Sweet! great sounds...
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

@purelygrey: Dude! Fantastic! It's really like you have done 100s of SID songs, if not 1000s and you decided to go nuts without any of them pesky limitations. Really, it is so full of sincere joy. I'm having a total blast with it! Surely can't beat Guenon's extreme/otherworldly coolness (totally gangster 8) and nobody can! :shrug: )...but it makes my heart leap big time! :hyper: :tu: :clap: :clap: :clap:

MalToné wrote: Sweet! great sounds...
Taron wrote:@purelygrey: Dude! Fantastic! It's really like you have done 100s of SID songs, if not 1000s and you decided to go nuts without any of them pesky limitations. Really, it is so full of sincere joy. I'm having a total blast with it! Surely can't beat Guenon's extreme/otherworldly coolness (totally gangster 8) and nobody can! :shrug: )...but it makes my heart leap big time! :hyper: :tu: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks a lot! Well I haven't done any actual SID tracks but I sure did my fair share of chiptune :) And I agree, Guenon's track is a winner, fantastic programming!

The FB-3100 is so much fun to play with!

My submission. Decided to do a classical style track, because this synth is sooo nice for brass and string sounds!

https://soundcloud.com/darksynth-fx/dar ... nger-heart

DAW: Ableton Live 9 Suite
7x FB-3300
10x Ableton EQ8
2x Flux Bittersweet
3x Voxengo Stereo Touch
1x Ableton Glue Compressor
1x Voxengo Tube Amp
1x Ableton Limiter
1x Ableton Reverb (Send)
1x Ableton Simple Delay (Send)

Wow, love the harmonies, and no drums. I don't mind them, but there are enough drumtracks in the world. This might encourage me to try another round...

Here is a submission.

I'll minihost modular
Fb3100 *9
Fb3300 *12
Dble delay
Tal reverb 2 *2
Tal reverb 3
Valhala freq echo
Airwindows Busscolors *10
Density mkll
MSED *2
Voxengo oldscool reverrb * 2
Arwndows puresstgain
Nova 67p
Limiter 6 *2
Q meleon
Rsmet multianalyzer
Airwindows High gloss dither
Block fish
Maxwell smart 3
Tapatiki delay
Air windows Air

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/fullbucke ... n-kvraudio
Last edited by Eauson on Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

https://soundcloud.com/yacc-208206253/y ... ce/s-XYpJP

Here some dark technoid electro industrial with some "spacy" moments.
it was very challenging for me, because is usually use extreme amounts of distortion, so i had to restrain myself alot here.
:D and the synth was very different compared to the ones i am used to. :ud:

i hope its okay with the rules that i used a lot of EQing and compression to shape the sound to my needs :)

made with FL Studio:

12x FB 3300
3x Fruity Limiter
4x Maximus
1x Fruity Blood Overdrive, for some crunch on the snare
1x Fruity Fast Distortion, for some crunch on the hi-hat
12x Fruity parametric EQ 2
3x Voxengo Overtone GEQ
2x Classic Delay from Kjaerhus audio
2x Classic Reverb from Kjaerhus audio
4x Classic Compressor from Kjaerhus audio
5x EpicVerb
~Producer of various genres and hybrid stuff~
[Hard-Trance][Hardcore][Techno][Electro-Industrial][Rhythm ’n’ Noise]
https://www.youtube.com/c/yaccmusic

Yacc wrote:https://soundcloud.com/yacc-208206253/y ... ce/s-XYpJP

Here some dark technoid electro industrial with some "spacy" moments.
it was very challenging for me, because is usually use extreme amounts of distortion, so i had to restrain myself alot here.
:D and the synth was very different compared to the ones i am used to. :ud:

i hope its okay with the rules that i used a lot of EQing and compression to shape the sound to my needs :)

made with FL Studio:

12x FB 3300
3x Fruity Limiter
4x Maximus
1x Fruity Blood Overdrive, for some crunch on the snare
1x Fruity Fast Distortion, for some crunch on the hi-hat
12x Fruity parametric EQ 2
3x Voxengo Overtone GEQ
2x Classic Delay from Kjaerhus audio
2x Classic Reverb from Kjaerhus audio
4x Classic Compressor from Kjaerhus audio
5x EpicVerb
Meine Fresse, Yacc! That's why I invited you here. Pro sound! It's a 5!

Return to “Instruments”