Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

It put a nice bullet through my weekend plans is all. Sorry, just a bit irritated yeah

krismiller1982 wrote:Very disappointed with the cpu usage DX7 is putting out... Can’t even play a mock up Tx816 setup live on my MBP...
strange for a emu of a 30 years old digital synth, maybe it emulates the da/ output stage

kobal wrote:
krismiller1982 wrote:Very disappointed with the cpu usage DX7 is putting out... Can’t even play a mock up Tx816 setup live on my MBP...
strange for a emu of a 30 years old digital synth, maybe it emulates the da/ output stage
Yes, it emulates the DAC also, but the DX7 is far from "just" an emulation of the DX7. It goes way beyond that. Read the specs. About not being able to play it live on the MBP... blame the MBP. Over here, I can play TWICE a mockup of the TX816 (which means eight DX7 V per mockup)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
kobal wrote:
Yes, it emulates the DAC also, but the DX7 is far from "just" an emulation of the DX7. It goes way beyond that. Read the specs. About not being able to play it live on the MBP... blame the MBP. Over here, I can play TWICE a mockup of the TX816 (which means eight DX7 V per mockup)
thanks i will check it out :tu:

fmr wrote:
kobal wrote:
I understand I don’t have the latest and greatest PC, but if Uhe can emulate a Prophet 5 with fair cpu consumption I would certainly think big boys like Arturia would be able to cut the fat out of their products... It’s just frustrating, I have over 50% consumption with a single instance at 44.1khz/16bit 250sample buffer. I’m running Gig Performer - So much better than Mainstage btw - on a mid 2012 MBP 2.7Ghz 16Gb ram OSX Sierra... I really need to upgrade my gear. I’ll do a Hackintosh sometime soon. Just gotta find the a motherboard that can make use of USB C and play nice with my UAD Thunderbolt Apollo interfaces.

The ARP 2600 V3. If you're stuggling to get your arms around it... take a look at the Youtube series, "Let's Look at The Arp 2600 V3" by @grymmjack. Here's a link to the first one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFQSrwUoWkk

These are not just great primers on the 2600 V3... but cover a lot of detail on programming and timbre shaping. I like the fact that he doesn't claim to be 'the' expert with the 2600.. but someone who is sharing what he knows, in an unassuming way. Really well done stuff. Anyway.. I've been using the V Collection for years... and never really understood how to program the 2600 V... This helps tremendously.

JDoo

I am having a lot of fun with the Easel. It is surprisingly fast to get cool sounds.

Do we really think Arturia will never offer a better upgrade price than $199 from V Collection 5? I'm ready to go ahead and buy it, and their explicit "this is the best offer you'll ever receive" at least seems to imply they have no intention of later offering the upgrade at $99 (like they have done in the past).

zadillo wrote:Do we really think Arturia will never offer a better upgrade price than $199 from V Collection 5? I'm ready to go ahead and buy it, and their explicit "this is the best offer you'll ever receive" at least seems to imply they have no intention of later offering the upgrade at $99 (like they have done in the past).
I think 6 months to a year down the road they will offer an upgrade for $99. So if you're willing to wait and go all those months without having it, there you go. I decided it was more important to have it now.

wagtunes wrote: I think 6 months to a year down the road they will offer an upgrade for $99. So if you're willing to wait and go all those months without having it, there you go.
yes, probably :)

wagtunes wrote:
zadillo wrote:Do we really think Arturia will never offer a better upgrade price than $199 from V Collection 5? I'm ready to go ahead and buy it, and their explicit "this is the best offer you'll ever receive" at least seems to imply they have no intention of later offering the upgrade at $99 (like they have done in the past).
I think 6 months to a year down the road they will offer an upgrade for $99. So if you're willing to wait and go all those months without having it, there you go. I decided it was more important to have it now.
I was thinking about this and with them making such a song and dance about "this is the best offer you will get" that the backlash if they dropped it to $99 after 6 months would be pretty big. If they'd just released is "get it for this great offer of $199" and then in 6 months dropped to $99 then folk would be thinking it's just the usual release schedule. Maybe they will repeat the $199 price again in 6 months.

Because I tend to use a limited set of synths for each album/EP I do (delusions of giving each release a more consistent identity) I might not get around to using these before they do another sale. Hmmm...

Actually, does anyone know what the time is between VCollection versions? Maybe I'm better off waiting for VCollection 7.....

Huh - their email today does indeed say "Your previous version entitle you to the best offer you will ever receive. Get V Collection 6 for 199 € instead of 499 €". The fact they didn't even grammar check it makes me doubt they've entirely thought it through.

Neither do I believe that next week suddenly I'll have to pay 499 €, despite owning V Collection 5. The whole thing feels kinda ridiculous.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

A few months ago it was possible to get a new copy of V5 for $200 from third party sites. This makes me think that there are official prices and unofficial prices. We'll see.

here some dates

V collection 3
appear August 2012
not buying

V collection 4
appear December 2014 at full price
bought on December 2015 via Native Instrument deal at 199

V collection 5
appear May 2016
Upgrade on June 2016 via Sweetwater at 199 same as Arturia
Deal appears on Native instruments for upgrade at 99 on May 2017 (1 year later)

V collection 6
appear on December 2017
tempting but not buying

for the last 3 collections, 1.5 year between release, and deal after one year.

Got my first collection at 199 (nice price for all those instruments !)
And got 4 more instruments for the same price when I got my upgrade to V collection 5.

Today, I'll pass for this upgrade
maybe got a chance in 1 year to have a deal at 99
Else, I'll wait in 1.5 year for V collection 7 at 199 for an upgrade (that way, I'll probably have 8 instruments for that money)

Return to “Instruments”