Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

JerGoertz wrote:
Gribs wrote:My personal price for the upgrade was $199 again. I own a license for version 5 as well as SparkL, Beatstep Pro, and KeyLab 88. I consider the current state of Collection 6 to be a $99 upgrade so I am waiting. If Arturia adds something else interesting or drops the upgrade price to $99 then I will bite. Otherwise no.
Ditto.
Same here. I think we're all in agreement on this one. :wink:

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Funny think is I have 2 licences as I got one with hardware....I have a V2 and a V5 - 199 upgrade from both.....that’s amazing value for the V2 licence (I should realy upgrade it to V6 and sell the V5!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

planetearth wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:
Gribs wrote:My personal price for the upgrade was $199 again. I own a license for version 5 as well as SparkL, Beatstep Pro, and KeyLab 88. I consider the current state of Collection 6 to be a $99 upgrade so I am waiting. If Arturia adds something else interesting or drops the upgrade price to $99 then I will bite. Otherwise no.
Ditto.
Same here. I think we're all in agreement on this one. :wink:
We're in the position we were. All those who find enough value will already have bought it, leaving everyone else still not quite up for the jump. OK, there are three expansions now, but it's not quite enough, is it?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Maybe this summer they'll do another deal on the upgrade, like a few years back. (Like I actually need any more synths.) In any case, enough from me about this, Arturia have made it very clear this is their "best price forever and ever" so there's no point speculating about it. ;)
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Maybe this summer they'll do another deal on the upgrade, like a few years back. (Like I actually need any more synths.) In any case, enough from me about this, Arturia have made it very clear this is their "best price forever and ever" so there's no point speculating about it. ;)
"Forever" is a long time... :arrow:
Except in the marketing jargon. :hyper:

I guess there's always the chance that Black Friday will be the day for the $/€ 99 upgrade.

killmaster wrote:Anyone know when NKS is supposed to release for the newest additions (Buchla Easel, DX7 etc...)?
New template for Buchla looks pretty good but am wondering why the "Types" don't match. In the Buchla, the preset categories are called "Types" but the names are different from the types that show up in the KK browser. Is this because NI has their own basic set of categories that are actually separate from Arturia's? Little confusing there especially for me just starting out. If that is the case, I'm wondering if there is a way to match them up. (Probably not...)

I just don't see how Arturia will be able to ever actually drop the price on the upgrade lower than $199 with how many times they have said that this is the best price you'll ever see for this upgrade (and even now they've got a Best Price Guaranteed badge on the page). They seem to have gone out of their way to explicitly tell customers that they won't get a better upgrade price.

killmaster wrote: Is this because NI has their own basic set of categories that are actually separate from Arturia's?
Yes

aMUSEd wrote:
killmaster wrote: Is this because NI has their own basic set of categories that are actually separate from Arturia's?
Yes
thanks again!

zadillo wrote:I just don't see how Arturia will be able to ever actually drop the price on the upgrade lower than $199 with how many times they have said that this is the best price you'll ever see for this upgrade (and even now they've got a Best Price Guaranteed badge on the page). They seem to have gone out of their way to explicitly tell customers that they won't get a better upgrade price.
Oh, they'll find a way. There is a limited pool of users who own V Collection 5, and once everyone who's willing to pay the $199 price has upgraded, they'll start offering lower prices to get the remaining users on board. The badge is essentially meaningless, as there's no accompanying information clarifying just what it guarantees. It's probably just "the best price right now, for you, personally" or even "the best price you'll find anywhere on this webpage."

cthonophonic wrote:
zadillo wrote:I just don't see how Arturia will be able to ever actually drop the price on the upgrade lower than $199 with how many times they have said that this is the best price you'll ever see for this upgrade (and even now they've got a Best Price Guaranteed badge on the page). They seem to have gone out of their way to explicitly tell customers that they won't get a better upgrade price.
Oh, they'll find a way. There is a limited pool of users who own V Collection 5, and once everyone who's willing to pay the $199 price has upgraded, they'll start offering lower prices to get the remaining users on board. The badge is essentially meaningless, as there's no accompanying information clarifying just what it guarantees. It's probably just "the best price right now, for you, personally" or even "the best price you'll find anywhere on this webpage."
Or Arturia simply adds more value to the package and launches V Collection 7, with a $199 price for those who bought V Collection 6 and $299 price for those that didn't :hihi:

Seriously, don't you think that if Arturia did what you want, those customers who bought the upgrade at $199 trusting it would never be lower than that would feel pissed and betrayed? And for what? Just to add a few more customers, that don't even value enough their work? :dog:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
cthonophonic wrote:
Or Arturia simply adds more value to the package and launches V Collection 7, with a $199 price for those who bought V Collection 6 and $299 price for those that didn't :hihi:

Seriously, don't you think that if Arturia did what you want, those customers who bought the upgrade at $199 trusting it would never be lower than that would feel pissed and betrayed? And for what? Just to add a few more customers, that don't even value enough their work? :dog:
V7 will be $199 on intro just like V6. Your model is just not sustainable and Arturia knows that. At some point, the value proposition will be high enough that holdouts will purchase.

BTW: It's not true that the holdouts don't "value" Arturia's efforts, it reminds me of that joke about agreeing to sleep with someone for a cool million vs a quarter, we're just haggling over the price.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote:V7 will be $199 on intro just like V6. Your model is just not sustainable and Arturia knows that. At some point, the value proposition will be low enough that holdouts will purchase.
I honestly can't remember - do Arturia follow the NI model and upgrade prices are the same regardless of version?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

ghettosynth wrote: BTW: It's not true that the holdouts don't "value" Arturia's efforts, it reminds me of that joke about agreeing to sleep with someone for a cool million vs a quarter, we're just haggling over the price.
If I remember that joke well (and I think I do), you kinda are agreeing with me :shrug:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”