Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

Chapelle wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:Any idea when the V Collection 5 was on sale for less & how much?
I might have missed a sale, but these are the ones I have found:
May 2016 - €399/$399 (introductory offer)
November 2016 - €399/$399
May 2017 - 50% off (exclusive to Native Instruments customers)
November 2017 - 50% off through retailers
Thanks for the info

I simply love how DX7 sounds, for me even for the DX7 alone it would be worth of upgrade price.

jantex wrote:I simply love how DX7 sounds, for me even for the DX7 alone it would be worth of upgrade price.

Agreed!

Very nice sounding new synths! My favorite is the buchla.
Nice upgrade of the piano.

Upgrade path not ideal for some people but if you expect a synth on first release like that for 20 dollars you have the wrong expectations. IT development takes a lot of time and effort.
New synths are certainly worth 80 euro's each on their own.

In my case a nice upgrade from Arturia Collection 4 Essentials .
Early adopters pay a higher price but get their new toys faster. If you want more bang for your buck, you better skip an upgrade. This also applies for Komplete,... Arturia is no exception.

You decide for yourself when you upgrade.
Last edited by Stefken on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just started checking out Piano V2 and tried to do a few comparisons with Piano V and also with VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 which since i bought it is my favorite sample based piano. Piano V2 is only available with V-Collection 6 and could bé used together with the Piano V plugin from VC 5.

Overall my first impression of Piano V2 is really good and the sound indeed seemed to be improved since version 1. Alraedy with the first version i had foudn that this could be really good with the next major version, especially after i had tweaked it a bit myself using the modeling parameters. It looks like this is indeed the case with Piano V2.

There seemed to be some name changes with the models. The "Concert Grand" now seems to be called "American Grand" (which obviously is inspired by a Steinway Model D). The "Intimate Grand" model now is called "German Grand".

The Ravenscroft 275 has it's own unique sound so it is hard to compare but the overall quality of Piano V2 does not seem to be very far from this. For sure it's closer now than with version 1.
Comparable differnces seemed to be foudn with major versions of Pianoteq which is improved with every new version. As Piano V2 is physical modeled without samples used Pianoteq might be a good comparison. I do not own Pinaoteq 6 but i might compare the demo version of it to Piano V2.

Independent of how close it sounds to a real Steinway Model D i really like the sound of the "Amercian Large Studio" preset in Piano V2. Anyway usually with many plugins i prefer using an external reverb like e.g. Lexicon MPX Native Reverb. That way that Piano V2 preset sounds even better for my taste.
Last edited by Ingonator on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The sustain pedal doesn't work for me in Piano V2 and Matrix 12 in Analog Lab 3. It does work on the other ones I've tried (Using Reaper).

Also, what does the Arturia icon on some of the presets indicate? Couldn't find any answers in the manual.

BTW, the new GUI on the Solina is very nice :)

svart wrote:The sustain pedal doesn't work for me in Piano V2 and Matrix 12 in Analog Lab 3. It does work on the other ones I've tried (Using Reaper).
Did you have an older version of Analog Lab? If yes, be sure it was fully cleaned before (the installer supposedly uninstall the previous versions, but we never know for sure). Go to Program Data > Arturia, and delete any traces of it. If necessary, reinstall Analog Lab 3. It should work perfectly now.
svart wrote: Also, what does the Arturia icon on some of the presets indicate? Couldn't find any answers in the manual.
These are the selections done by Arturia for each of the instruments, and are intended to be representative of what's best in each one. Of course, since tastes vary, what they think is the best may not be what YOU think is the best. But it's a start, in case you don't want to go through all the included presets.
Fernando (FMR)

Wow. Why is this upgrade $100 more than the last upgrade?

thejonsolo wrote:Wow. Why is this upgrade $100 more than the last upgrade?
Well, I don't know. My last upgrade was $199 as well. Maybe that's because I went from V3 to V5. Not sure. Doesn't matter. It's a moot point. Arturia will do what it needs to do in the best interests of the company. Nothing else matters to them.

And I guess it shouldn't.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

thejonsolo wrote:Wow. Why is this upgrade $100 more than the last upgrade?
There’s a discussion here :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6949080

I’d love to be able to paste the ‘Pity us for all our hard work’ email reply I got from them, I’m sure everyone that has confronted Arturia got the same generic response...

Arturia is feeding the nostalgia, and I am nostalgic. They gave me the first impulse to get into synthesis again. (the second and much bigger impact was when the LinnStrument hit me...) I had this Keylab coming with a Mini, and then there was that offer to upgrade to V 4. I wanted just the Arp 2600. I had one in the past and still regret to have it sold because I needed to survive (I should have starved instead). Though there is no comparison to the real one (missing all that tactile feedback and the space it took up). Getting V 4 was worth it, if alone for the memory...
The V 5 got me only because of the Synclavier, I had access to one in the 80s...
The V 6 coud get me for the DX 7, but I own the FM 8 already...
What I like about Arturias effort, is to go beyond the original, get over their limitations. But my biggest complain is, that they do not realise, that we are at the beginning of a new aera: Expressive synthesis. I wrote them already, I will only upgrade, if the instruments will be MPE comatible...
I wasn't aware, that its possible to tweak the presets of the Analog Lab with the underying full versions. Then it might be enough to propell Analog Lab into the MPE future.
If MPE would work, then the momentary upgrade price would be fine, though I can also wait until that one is dropped...
I wonder who will be faster moving to MPE, Arturia or NI. They both seem not to be aware of its potential...
(It should not be too hard to implement, at least, if it is just Voice per Channel mode.)

With my question I was thinking more about the addition of products. Last update was half the price for the same increase in product count.

Oh well. I am broke anyway right now, ha ha ha.

simmo75 wrote:I’d love to be able to paste the ‘Pity us for all our hard work’ email reply I got from them
Yeah, funny how some people can get about getting paid for a ton of work, eh?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

thejonsolo wrote:With my question I was thinking more about the addition of products. Last update was half the price for the same increase in product count.
It was the same price for V5, but later went to 99 on sale.

I just looked back through my old emails and found the special offer for the V5 upgrade and it was 199.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”