Sampletank 4: alternate reality new features announced

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

benjamind wrote:Let's get MODO Guitars out before ST4... ;)
Peter said something about a strummer being an oft requested feature and possibility, maybe development of different plugins will cross-pollinate into each other.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Well I'd rather see MODO Guitars first...it's something the virtual instrument world has been crying out for...hopefully we'll get our wish granted, the sooner the better.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote:Well I'd rather see MODO Guitars first...it's something the virtual instrument world has been crying out for...hopefully we'll get our wish granted, the sooner the better.
Well, this thread isn't about that. :lol:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

hey, this is KVR... how dare you try to keep this on topic. How come no one points out the ST3 and MODO Bass run so much better in Reaper. And, you can get it to strum and sound like a guitar with just a couple hundreds setting tweaks and some scripting.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:hey, this is KVR... how dare you try to keep this on topic. How come no one points out the ST3 and MODO Bass run so much better in Reaper. And, you can get it to strum and sound like a guitar with just a couple hundreds setting tweaks and some scripting.
And don't forget tofu!

Anyway, how about this alternate reality exists after Modo Guitars is released? I'm sure everyone is still not happy, but there is medication for that. And soy sauce.

Just hurry up with the MODO Guitars already ;)
Just take my money!

I've already been waiting more than a year since the basses came out...the guitars have to be the next logical step in the line-up. There's plenty of virtual drum instruments that sound very good already. But in the area of guitars something is missing and we all know what the solution is ;)

benjamind wrote:Just hurry up with the MODO Guitars already ;)
Just take my money!

I've already been waiting more than a year since the basses came out...the guitars have to be the next logical step in the line-up. There's plenty of virtual drum instruments that sound very good already. But in the area of guitars something is missing and we all know what the solution is ;)
Again, kind of off topic for this thread, why don't you start another about MODO Guitars?

The title of the thread should be edited...there is no ST4...

Also, most people wouldn't guess what AR is, so they get drawn into the nonsense.

Examigan wrote:The title of the thread should be edited...there is no ST4...

Also, most people wouldn't guess what AR is, so they get drawn into the nonsense.
Nonsense? :hihi: ok, I edited the thread title, just for you. But if a thread is about apples, it should be pretty clear it isn't about oranges.

Unless it's been added:

The appalling current lack of mapping your own macro knobs is A MUST fix!

Schmidi wrote:Unless it's been added:

The appalling current lack of mapping your own macro knobs is A MUST fix!
nope .. and yep
it was on my list as well.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Don't think guitars will be next. Recently they registered trademarks modo bass, piano and drums. So I am waiting for piano or drums from them.

Ive had Sampletank since version 2. It was the 1st VST I bought way back in the 2002/2003. Used it entirely for my 1st album bacl then. I havent purchased ST3 yet, but thats because I keep wishing for more from IK

Really... I would like for Sampletank 4 to import samples. Easy drag & drop. Be able to make velocity & key range zones, root keys & make your own keyswitches & articulations. Nothing complex..nothing further than what its ability it is now. I hate trying to remame samples just to import them in & edit samples nonvisually. Its such a waste of time. And I dont think buying a 3rd party editor like Translator should be an optimal way either. I understand that people who made the samples probably have more input regarding this since its seems there are virtually no outside parties that make Sampletank instruments. They may not want to have the end user in control their own samples. Thats such an shame though

Resizable screen, better browsing, mapping your own macros, disk streaming, a midi control map that can be loaded with user maps (versus learning MIDI CCs for every instrument) & the ability to assign those envelopes & lfos to the effects (or just more envelopes & lfos). Hell, if it had these features I probably wouldnt own any other samplers. It JUST got the ability to use aftertouch... and that is wanna the gripes I made on the forums about 10 years ago.

Again.... its not supposed to be super duper complicated. Its a rompler. But... I say as a long time user, I love it... but would love it more with some degree of control. Sampletank sounds fantastic. Probably is in Korg M1 territory (but of course a larger library). Its ok now. In my alternate universe, it would be simply fantastic.
Last edited by Saukar30 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

braj wrote:In an alternate reality, where you get to decide Sampletank 4's future, what would the new features be?
There is a 3 1/2 year old, mile long list of feature requests for Sampletank 3 that has been ignored. Just use that list for ST4.

http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vie ... e+Requests
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Iva wrote:Don't think guitars will be next. Recently they registered trademarks modo bass, piano and drums. So I am waiting for piano or drums from them.
Nope, they had guitars and drums...not pianos I think.

Return to “Instruments”