Forum for Addictive Drums?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We all know that XLN Audio shut down their forums a while ago. So where do you AD owners go for help/mutual support?

Like with most companies, I contact their Customer Support via their webform/email: https://www.xlnaudio.com/support

They've moved the forum function to Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/xlnaudio.music

Doesn't look like too many people are engaging them there. I wouldn't either. So if you just want to discuss them, this Instruments forum would be the best bet unless it's specifically about RC-20.

I contacted them directly a few times and got quick replies. This was two years ago. I was very pleased with the support I received.

Thanks guys. But I was referring to the kind of mutual user support that we can usually get from forums. It's one thing to write to the company and get a response - it's another thing to ask a question on a forum, then get feedback from and converse with several other users. That's really what I was asking here - since the XLN forums are gone, where do AD users ask from and converse with other users? Here? Other forums?

I think here is the most appropriate space, probably the place where you can find more users.
dedication to flying

Yes, then the Instruments forum here is a good place to post.

Hey everybody,
I'm new to this forum so Hi :)

I have a question regarding a specific drum set of Addictive Drums. I was using AD1 for years and most of the time used the same drum kit. I just love that snare.
Since I change my mac to High Sierra I can't use AD1 anymore so I got AD2. But I can't find my old drum kit which I'm used to.
Do you guys think you can tell me which drum kit that is I'm looking for if you hear the sounds?

Cheers, Hendrik

Dude, just go for it.

Note all the adpaks from AD1 were brought over to AD2 but the presets may have been tweaked.

distorson wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:41 pm Hey everybody,
I'm new to this forum so Hi :)

I have a question regarding a specific drum set of Addictive Drums. I was using AD1 for years and most of the time used the same drum kit. I just love that snare.
Since I change my mac to High Sierra I can't use AD1 anymore so I got AD2. But I can't find my old drum kit which I'm used to.
Do you guys think you can tell me which drum kit that is I'm looking for if you hear the sounds?

Cheers, Hendrik
Finding the kit maybe a chore.

As you probably know the main kit of AD1 was split into 3 different kits for AD2. On top of that, some of the presets aren't there. On top of that, some of the oldwr presets sound different than the original. Me & brother use AD quite a lot but we keep the 1st version just for backwards compatibility.

If youre looking doe a specific kit name you'll have to scroll through the presets to find it. The search function doesnt work unless you know exactly which new drumkit the preset is in. The serach function looks for the name of the kit first before the preset. Its almost unusable unless you have the newer kits and know what you're looking for.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I bought AD2. But I still can't find the snare I always used in AD1.
Here is a sample from the snare of the kid which I always used:
https://soundcloud.com/herrvongries/ad1-snare
So if anyone knows which kit that snare is from please let me know :)
Thanks for your help.
Regards, Hendrik

Problem solved, I found the snare I was looking for, it is the 14x5'' Sonar Designer. XLN Audio was very helpful and generous :)

(post moved to its own topic)

I play ADD2 in Reaper using midi keyboard.
Question....
On my keyboard, can I move the toms to the keys where the cymbals are and cymbals to where toms were?
I want to put all the cymbal sounds to play on adjacent keys.

xxartraxx wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:04 am I play ADD2 in Reaper using midi keyboard.
Question....
On my keyboard, can I move the toms to the keys where the cymbals are and cymbals to where toms were?
I want to put all the cymbal sounds to play on adjacent keys.
In the AD2 plugin, click the ? on the top right and choose map window.

On the keyboard on the right you can move the instruments to whatever key you like. You can then save this mapping as a preset.

You can load mapping presets on the left.

Return to “Instruments”