Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wave alchemy wrote:
Stefken wrote:
:tu: I'm convinced. :)
Enjoy Evolution :tu:
I bought it and am enjoying Evolution very much. :tu:
Small feature request : :wink: as there are many many drum sounds to choose from it would be nice if you could tag favorites. Left to the picklist you could put a small favorites-icon next to the random icon. The icon would work as a toggle, toggling the favorites property for that drum on and off. In the picklist you could display a favorite with a "*" after the name. I'm guessing this would not take that much development.

I'm also hoping that the nice features of this sequencer will be translated as much as possible to the Revolution sequencer . 8)

And a small question. ...

In the documentation it says in the sequencer section:

Option / Alt - Cycles through a collection of simple presets for the selected Lane.
Shift + Option / Alt - Randomizes the selected Sequence Lane.

These modifiers didn't work (I'm on PC so I used Alt and Shift + Alt).
For the random function there is the icon on the left of the lane that works, so I can use that.
No way to cycle through the presets though.

Windows 7, 64 bit, Kontakt 5.7.3, Ableton 10 suite beta.

Any way to move a note ahead of the beat? It seems the "slop" function only pushes the notes behind the beat. I also echo what another user said..would be nice to control this nudging on a per step basis instead of having it apply to every instrument on the step.

Could you not start the beat after where you indeed and slow it down the other way?

Is this a bug, in the manual it says if you click on the pattern button a drop down menu appears where you can select the pattern or use your midi keyboard... no drop down menu for me

ekwipt wrote:
Is this a bug, in the manual it says if you click on the pattern button a drop down menu appears where you can select the pattern or use your midi keyboard... no drop down menu for me
This is not a bug, but a minor typo in the Manual - thanks for noticing this!

It should read this:

Pattern - Displays numbers 1-12 in the display screen for switching the currently selected Sequence Pattern. Alternatively, sequences can be selected by sending MIDI notes within the range of F2 to E3 to the instrument.

So, when clicking the Pattern button, instead of seeing a drop-down, you will instead see numbers 1-12 in the display screen below, which allow you to switch between patterns 1-12. It was originally a drop down menu, but we changed it as this way is much slicker and quicker :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

wave alchemy wrote:
This is not a bug, but a minor typo in the Manual - thanks for noticing this!
Edit: We have updated the manual to reflect this.

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.

Stefken wrote:And a small question. ...

In the documentation it says in the sequencer section:

Option / Alt - Cycles through a collection of simple presets for the selected Lane.
Shift + Option / Alt - Randomizes the selected Sequence Lane.

These modifiers didn't work (I'm on PC so I used Alt and Shift + Alt).
For the random function there is the icon on the left of the lane that works, so I can use that.
No way to cycle through the presets though.

Windows 7, 64 bit, Kontakt 5.7.3, Ableton 10 suite beta.
You are correct, 'Shift + Option / Alt' has been removed due to this function now being taken care of by the dice icon - which randomizes the lane without the need for a key command. It does the same thing, hence why we removed the keyboard shortcut :tu:

Regarding this one:

'Option / Alt - Cycles through a collection of simple presets for the selected Lane' - This was originally in Evolution (and in Revolution', but we removed this to make way for a new pattern browser system we are working on for the 1.1 update, which will be MUCH better than this.

Manual has since been updated to reflect this, and we can't wait to share the 1.1 update in the future! :D

budsticky wrote:Any way to move a note ahead of the beat? It seems the "slop" function only pushes the notes behind the beat. I also echo what another user said..would be nice to control this nudging on a per step basis instead of having it apply to every instrument on the step.
We will be looking into making the sequencer 'Slop' function more versatile in the future (as mentioned earlier in this thread). In the mean time, you can simply use MIDI drag and Drop and then apply any kind of nudging you need directly in your DAW :tu:

Stefken wrote:
I bought it and am enjoying Evolution very much. :tu:
Small feature request : :wink: as there are many many drum sounds to choose from it would be nice if you could tag favorites. Left to the picklist you could put a small favorites-icon next to the random icon. The icon would work as a toggle, toggling the favorites property for that drum on and off. In the picklist you could display a favorite with a "*" after the name. I'm guessing this would not take that much development.

I'm also hoping that the nice features of this sequencer will be translated as much as possible to the Revolution sequencer . 8)
This is a very interesting, and cool request. I like the idea of tagging. I'm not sure if this will be possible (I need to talk with the scripting team), but we will see what we can do in a future update for sure! :tu:

And yes, Revolution will be getting a sequencer update in the future, with many new features :D

You are correct, 'Shift + Option / Alt' has been removed due to this function now being taken care of by the dice icon - which randomizes the lane without the need for a key command. It does the same thing, hence why we removed the keyboard shortcut :tu:

Regarding this one:

'Option / Alt - Cycles through a collection of simple presets for the selected Lane' - This was originally in Evolution (and in Revolution', but we removed this to make way for a new pattern browser system we are working on for the 1.1 update, which will be MUCH better than this.

Manual has since been updated to reflect this, and we can't wait to share the 1.1 update in the future! :D
Thanks! Looking forward to it.

Stefken wrote:
Thanks! Looking forward to it.
You're welcome, and us too! :D

Hi all,

I created a VST Spotlight video on this awesome drum instrument. Check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFL0-k5 ... e=youtu.be

Well done, Wave Alchemy! You guys nailed the sweet spot of the micro-tasks and workflow and sound. :tu:

Well, the only thing that is currently not covered yet is probability. Giving a note a probability will see to it that a note is not always triggered but triggered according to the probability. A probability of 0,5 would trigger a note on average 1 out of 2 times.

You could sequence that in the fx/macro sequencer i guess.

Stefken wrote:Well, the only thing that is currently not covered yet is probability. Giving a note a probability will see to it that a note is not always triggered but triggered according to the probability. A probability of 0,5 would trigger a note on average 1 out of 2 times.
Yup, just wanted to ask if it only has "per click/manual" randomness. Prefer the dynamic randomness concepts and love to use it for subtle variations. Also, polyrhythm much required. But they'll add it.

Haven’t tried this one yet myself, but based on the screenshots, I’ve definitely got to compliment them on the user interface. It looks really good!

Return to “Instruments”