Madrona Labs Sumu

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Winstontaneous wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:44 pm I'm not a beta tester but on the Madrona forum, Randy Jones said on 7-28-20 that Sumu beta testing is underway.
:tu:

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:18 pm
Winstontaneous wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:44 pm I'm not a beta tester but on the Madrona forum, Randy Jones said on 7-28-20 that Sumu beta testing is underway.
:tu:
nice. i'm also curious about the fully modular instrument he's working on. he's mentioned it a couple times with reference to the editor for the nord G2 editor as a patching experience as influence. I hope that comes to life before too long. sounds like an amazing addition to the software modular world.

I am, Nothing happening in the beta group yet I'm afraid (Unless I got left out of course)
I think Randy's comment on the forum might have been about the current size of the beta testing group.
I might be wrong but I think he plans on opening the beta group up a bit when Sumu is ready to test.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

bob swans wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:54 am
I am, Nothing happening in the beta group yet I'm afraid (Unless I got left out of course)
I think Randy's comment on the forum might have been about the current size of the beta testing group.
I might be wrong but I think he plans on opening the beta group up a bit when Sumu is ready to test.
correct

:hyper:

He said the other day it will ship this fall. Encouraging!

crawlingwind wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:11 am He said the other day it will ship this fall. Encouraging!
yes! i asked, and got answer. it wil fall in the fall!

a greatly anticipated synth, spectral synthesis! the Madrona Labs way.

crawlingwind wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:11 am He said the other day it will ship this fall. Encouraging!
Great news - my two big purchases for the end of the year - Sumu and Orange Vocoder. Really looking forward to them.

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:23 am
Great news - my two big purchases for the end of the year... Orange Vocoder...
:hihi:

hlecram wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:18 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:23 am
Great news - my two big purchases for the end of the year... Orange Vocoder...
:hihi:
You should add Zebra 3 to your list !!!

Zebra 3 needs another year… They just finished cleaning up their code base…

He already mentioned similar announcements several times over the last years. I'll believe it once it's there and available. Until then it's vapor...

Too bad, Madrona is the kind of editors we’ll want to like/love but they don’t deliver. I just hope they go well with their hardware

Perhaps he inherited a small fortune and is coding just for fun only...

SebAV wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:19 pm Too bad, Madrona is the kind of editors we’ll want to like/love but they don’t deliver. I just hope they go well with their hardware
I dont feel this way about Madrona at all - I have not noticed them regularly feeding false expectations - (there is only one dev that I eventually felt unethically kept people stringing along) . They are just taking a long time, and given Covid it is not all that surprising.

Return to “Instruments”