New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
ramseysounds
KVRist
299 posts since 9 Jul, 2014 from UK

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:42 am

Currently £12 at plugin boutique 😳
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

AdvancedFollower
KVRist
368 posts since 8 May, 2018 from Sweden

Re: New wavetable synth - Sektor by Initial Audio

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:00 am

ramseysounds wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:42 am
Currently £12 at plugin boutique 😳
Insanity :party:

ramseysounds
KVRist
299 posts since 9 Jul, 2014 from UK

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:26 am

I have codex but this is a nobrainer
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

agharta
KVRist
305 posts since 10 Jan, 2018

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:19 pm

Have they fixed MPE support as when I tried it last month it seemed broken as others confirmed?
Or does it need effort to configure it for MPE support!

courtjestr
KVRist
62 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Not sure. One of the fixes for the latest beta was

-In MPE Mode Glide wasn’t always polyphonic.

so it looks like MPE mode is working for someone enough to determine that something wasn't working with glide.

yauluhim
KVRist
107 posts since 3 Jun, 2006

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:03 pm

How do i transfer the content folder? Do i just copy \ paste it to a different folder?

Great update though. I just wish the filter slope would change when selecting between 12 or 24db. But i guess it's a minor thing 🙂

exponent1
KVRist
176 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:32 pm

yauluhim wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:03 pm
How do i transfer the content folder? Do i just copy \ paste it to a different folder?
Even I want to know how to do this successfully. I tried moving the 'IgniteVST' folder to a different location, but when I fire up Sektor (The latest update) and locate the new location, Sektor does nothing and stays in that screen. Anyone who's moved the Sektor 'content' successfully, can you please share the process and what you did?

Thanks!
Last edited by exponent1 on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

sqigls
KVRAF
3803 posts since 25 Dec, 2004 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:48 pm

on Mac can download SymbolicLinker, makes it easier to make symbolic links... any plugin with a big library i have on an SD card that sits in my ninja adaptor... never an issue.

https://github.com/nickzman/symboliclinker/releases

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8322 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:14 pm

Yeah, I use a 512GB microSD card as my data drive. It's got all my sound libraries on it, plus all my working files and everything else.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10),Behringer QX1002USB, Cubase Pro 10, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block M, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt.

Vortifex
KVRian
1351 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:58 am

Seems pretty buggy in my brief experience with the demo. Little clicks here and there, flickering graphics on the filter display, sometimes a random note will play with a long release time, one time the graphical display on the Xpression tab envelope disappeared leaving just the nodes. Caused a total freeze of my DAW. Was just gonna pay the twelve quid before trying it but I'm glad I didn't.

Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2306 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:08 am

BONES wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:14 pm
Yeah, I use a 512GB microSD card as my data drive. It's got all my sound libraries on it, plus all my working files and everything else.
How does it work? It's stable and generally no issues?

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8322 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Yeah, it's great. A couple of years ago I bought a 4 year old Surface Pro 2 to use purely as a tablet. I enjoyed using it so much it ended up replacing my laptop, at which time I needed more space, so I bunged a 128GB microSD into it and that worked perfectly. When I upgraded to my Acer 2-in-1, I upped it to 256GB and it was still good. Earlier this year I upped it again to 512GB, after prices dropped heaps, and it continues to work really well. I am in the process of replacing the Acer with a serious gaming laptop with an SSD and an HDD so it will be interesting to see if the HDD feels faster or slower than the microSD. Eventually I'll replace the HDD in the new laptop with a second SSD but that can wait until a mid-life refit in a couple of years. Gotta love upgradeable laptops!

I had a dodgy microSD card once but it was one I bought off eBay at a ridiculously cheap price. I assume it had probably failed their quality tests and been shipped out the back door by some dodgy factory worker or something. I also bought a pack of generic 3x64GB cards once and none of them worked at all. Since then I only buy genuine cards at a realistic price and I've had no problems. I have more than half-a-dozen cards of 128GB or more - laptops, tablets, phones, Walkman, GoPro, etc. - and never had even the slightest problem with any of them. They are all Samsung or SanDisk cards, all Class 10 / U3..
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, 8GB RAM, Win10),Behringer QX1002USB, Cubase Pro 10, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block M, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt.

FotoxBr
KVRer
2 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Post Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:29 am

exponent1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:32 pm
yauluhim wrote:
Even I want to know how to do this successfully. I tried moving the 'IgniteVST' folder to a different location, but when I fire up Sektor (The latest update) and locate the new location, Sektor does nothing and stays in that screen. Anyone who's moved the Sektor 'content' successfully, can you please share the process and what you did?

Thanks!
You have to relocate the sektor folder from within the IgniteVST folder. The IgniteVST folder has to stay in place. It worked for me in Windows 10.
However the Windows 1.3 beta version introduced some retriggering issues with some of the strings presets.

exponent1
KVRist
176 posts since 10 Nov, 2018

Post Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:52 am

FotoxBr wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:29 am
exponent1 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:32 pm
yauluhim wrote:

Thanks!
You have to relocate the sektor folder from within the IgniteVST folder. The IgniteVST folder has to stay in place. It worked for me in Windows 10.
However the Windows 1.3 beta version introduced some retriggering issues with some of the strings presets.
It worked! :hyper: Thanks a lot! :hug:

Distorted Horizon
KVRAF
2306 posts since 17 Jan, 2017 from Planet of cats

Post Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:05 am

BONES wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:06 pm
and never had even the slightest problem with any of them. They are all Samsung or SanDisk cards, all Class 10 / U3..
Sounds great. I have so little ssd in my laptop that some 256 Kingston card would be perfect for storing samples etc.

Thanks for sharing :tu:

Return to “Instruments”