SEKTOR by Initial Audio

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Eirikur
KVRist
66 posts since 24 Feb, 2004

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:32 am

I finally got around to trying this after having purchased it on one of the ultra-cheap deals. Wow! Nice sound. Competent UI. Freely-zoomable UI! It's approachable and understandable. I do get it that it lacks some desirable features, but at a bargain price it is very usable and fun.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8912 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Re: SEKTOR by Initial Audio

Post Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Sektor is a really interesting thing. It seems to be very polarising - people either love it or hate it with not a lot in between. I think that's down to expectations. If you download the demo with certain expectations based on other wavetable synths, it doesn't seem to measure up but if you take it on its merits, it's easy to find things to like about it. I think it is probably the last wavetable synth I would get rid of, just because I like the way it sounds and how easy it is to work with.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), Zoom U24, Cubase, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Synthmaster One, Aparillo, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2

X86
KVRer
21 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:53 am

Not a fan of Sektor, IMO it's not worth 15 bucks, I wouldn't even take it for free tbh. It's filters are garbage and over all It's not worth the pixel real-estate it's name would waste in my plugin browser window. Most DAW's stock synths are better than this.

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
8912 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:01 am

How are the filters "garbage"? I think they work quite well, mostly thanks to the drive you can put into them. I especially like that it has a good notch filter, something missing from far too many synths.
NOVAkILL 4.0 : Dell G7 17 (Core i7, 8GB RAM, Win10), Zoom U24, Cubase, DUNE, Hive, Thorn, TRK-01, Equator, Substance, Arcsyn, Synthmaster One, Aparillo, Trueno, Analog Keys, MicroMonsta, Uno, Skulpt, Craft 2

Return to “Instruments”