One Synth Challenge #107: VK-1 Viking by Blamsoft (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congrats to the winners .. getting oh so close there Never Scene.

Unfortunately did not really have enough time for proper comments this time, thanks for everyone who left me comments, everyone was very generous with their feedback and hopefully I learned something.

Some wonderful stuff this month once again.

Well that was weird......a minute after my most sensible comment ever :)

Not sure what to say........

Jasinski, we all knew THAT was coming...somehow, you continue to whip out mind bender after mind bender. You are truly one of the masters!

I heard so many styles this month that reminded me of what got me into synths to begin with.

I've learned more from this little group of synthusiasts than anything I've Googled/YouTubed/Whatevered....EVER! So thank you. I'm a bit of a goof, but I take every comment to heart, sting or no sting, and try to grow from it.

Everybody here throwing themselves out there is a winner. Period.

VK-1 surprised a lot of us I think :D So keep it up Blamsoft! BTW The Blamsoft back story on their website says it all......and then some :clown:
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

UH, VERY COOL, I did not know where mine would end up. Thank you all! :hug:
Congrats to the top guns and DoctorBob for another top 5 moment! :tu:
Looks all rather healthy. I'm just sad for VK-1 that it only had 28 artists going at it. Great, great stuff, though! :phones:
TheNeverScene, I had a feeling you'll become a top 5 regular. ;)
Jasinski, do I still have to say anything? :shrug:

Thanks BJ, as usual and thanks to Blamsoft's leading genius, Andrew, for letting the world have this fantastic first go at VSTs for free. There's always pain involved in getting those things into a state near perfection, I'm afraid. But with all the greatness inside, however rocky the road may be, even this first venture has hit potential without a doubt.

I ended up having a blast, but I have a weird time this year, not as easy and focused as in the second half of 2017. Hopefully I'll find my stride again soon, but I ain't there, yet, that's for sure. :ud:

mostlyjustj wrote:
Lempface wrote:Congrats everyone on a successful month. I think VK-1 sounds pretty great as many of you were able to demonstrate. I think my favorites were schiing and mostlyjustj.

Holy Crap! Thank you - I'm sure the voting in general will reflect my feelings that my final product was honestly sub-par compared to most of the songs submitted, but it just goes to show me that it's always worth it to just FINISH something, and post it - even if it didn't go the way I wanted it to :hihi:

I know it's a quirky one for sure, but It's a good feeling to have my entry stick out in a positive way - at least for someone... thanks for the encouragement! :phones:
Cheers! Really enjoyed the uniqueness to it, the title was apt! Good to hear more non-EDM stuff.

schiing wrote:
Lempface wrote:Congrats everyone on a successful month. I think VK-1 sounds pretty great as many of you were able to demonstrate. I think my favorites were schiing and mostlyjustj.
That means a lot, Lempface! Thanks so much!
Cheers! Love hearing your recent tracks, hope you continue to participate. You'll be one of my anticipated entries from now on.

Many congrats to top 5 and also to all the participants of OSC#107

Special thanks to those who thought my song deserved above average score (for the first time in a OSC, I have received more 4 pointers, that's very motivating for me) :tu:

Happy Weekend, everyone! :)
Last edited by baalisoda on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've gotta give a huge welcome to Schiing. Keep that "old soul" spirit alive man!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Congratulations to the winners!

The same veterans are in the top five. I appreciate the inspiration that they provide with their unique entries and wish they would succeed each month in this challenge.

I hope they can also do their best work next time so that I can give them a full score.

Many others put forth incredible work this time and were sadly overlooked, but their future will be bright! :party:
quick, _ake what you want in life

Tell ya what though, listening back through the tracks knowing the votes is very interesting indeed. Really great when you find some mutual respect and also pretty funny to get trashed by obvious noobs.

Thanks for the comments, those who did! Till next time...

@574X, you gave me one of my two 5's, thanks! But I can't figure out which is your track?
Last edited by Wyrrdbryyngr on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congratulations Jasinki and top 5! I have to say out of all the tracks I did come back to the top 5 a lot. Not only are they inspiring for the technical achievements, but the songs are just so listenable as well - I enjoy them.

Also thanks everyone for your generous votes and constructive comments. I've heard you loud and clear - get ting to work on those drum patches!

:clap: Great stuff Jasinski for overall win! And all the winners, all top tunes :)
Thanks for all the 5s and 4s that pushed me to the amazing 6th place :D
As usual, the votes are surprising in places :o

Congratulations for the winners, well done.

congrats to all participants, especially the top 5...well done

Congratulations Jasinski! I knew it as soon as you posted the piece - great sound design, music and of course, masterful faultless mixing (as usual). Also congrats to everyone above me too! Thank you everyone for voting me up into the top 5, much appreciated, really.

Brian asked me to do a lounge music styled piece! Perhaps a little "tongue in cheek", but the challenge was there then, so that is what I did. Hope you liked it BJ???

Also, well done everyone as well, nice to see newcomers too! This just adds to the variety of tracks, and hence the learning process for us all. We all bring different things to the table, so keep those tracks coming and climb the table, which I am sure you will.

Next track is shaping up to be similar to this one, but perhaps a little less cheese! Getting some lovely sounds from Diodow.

Cheers,

dB

Return to “Instruments”