Top 10 VST Purchases Of 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:
Examigan wrote:I know what I felt like back in 2015 when my mother.. and then my brother died (within 3 months of each other).

I was at a total loss for about 2 months...didn't get anything done.
It's very tough when so much hits you at once.
It's a sobering reminder that 99% of the crap we get upset about is stupid.

Internet forums being WAY up at the top of the stupid list.
My better half has cancer and is having palliative chemo at the moment, so we can't get out beyond trips to the hospital 2 hours away. She is so unwell and her bloods are so poor at the moment that we can't have visitors because of the infection risk and are now even about to start having the food shopping delivered as the flu has arrived in our little town.

Yes, they're stupid, but Internet forums are a lifeline at the moment.

Sorry for your loss Wags. I feel for you.

lnikj wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Examigan wrote:I know what I felt like back in 2015 when my mother.. and then my brother died (within 3 months of each other).

My better half has cancer and is having palliative chemo at the moment, so we can't get out beyond trips to the hospital 2 hours away. She is so unwell and her bloods are so poor at the moment that we can't have visitors because of the infection risk and are now even about to start having the food shopping delivered as the flu has arrived in our little town.

I'm sorry to hear about what you're going through right now. It's easy to forget that the folks here have real lives that are sometimes difficult at best.

My best to your better half. Keep the faith.

lnikj wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

Shit Inikj. Best of luck with this for you and your family.

Thanks guys ! :)

If it makes anyone feel better, I did just start the Top Drinks When Using VSTs thread...

dandezebra wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, I did just start the Top Drinks When Using VSTs thread...
Shame...I don't drink.

wagtunes wrote:
dandezebra wrote:If it makes anyone feel better, I did just start the Top Drinks When Using VSTs thread...
Shame...I don't drink.
I never specifically stated it had to be alcoholic... :wink:

Not being unsympathetic,but getting this topic back on track...

1) Studio One 3 Pro.....they've really got this optimised since when I last tried it around v3.2...Fat Channel with the improved EQ and compression no longer feels like a toy...A great tool...The soft synths are still a little funky,but the stock plugins are fine...CPU efficient and good enough to mix a project if you are not a fan boy plugin snob :wink:

2) Toneboosters Barricade 4 update...Jereon is a very smart cookie and this is wonderful compressor/limiter...Much more useful than B3 for real time use because he got the latency down to 3ms :tu:

3) Toneboosters Reverb 4 Update...Another winner from TB...This is a top shelf reverb and has "the magic" that we listen for in a quality reverb...
No auto tune...

lnikj wrote: My better half has cancer and is having palliative chemo at the moment, so we can't get out beyond trips to the hospital 2 hours away. She is so unwell and her bloods are so poor at the moment that we can't have visitors because of the infection risk and are now even about to start having the food shopping delivered as the flu has arrived in our little town.

Sorry to hear that things are so tough for you both at the moment. I hope that your better half's health improves soon.

Paul

My top purchases for 2017:

Pulsar Modular
Audio Thing Outer Space
Audiority Echoes T7E
Acustica Diamond
TC Electronic VSS3
Black Rooster Magnetite
Softube Tape
U-He Repro
Korg ARP Odyssey

virtualpt wrote:
lnikj wrote: My better half has cancer and is having palliative chemo at the moment, so we can't get out beyond trips to the hospital 2 hours away. She is so unwell and her bloods are so poor at the moment that we can't have visitors because of the infection risk and are now even about to start having the food shopping delivered as the flu has arrived in our little town.

Sorry to hear that things are so tough for you both at the moment. I hope that your better half's health improves soon.

Paul
Knowing nobody of you personally I can assure you that I am saddened by those individual stories here and I really hope that you have somebody "out there" to share your grief and fears with. I actually wish you that.

BTB:
What I got

1. NI Komplete Ultimate upgrade from 9 to 11. Could not resist the last offer on 199€. Well it was good invested.

2. Softube Acoustic Feedback - Was surprised how good it works with an expression pedal attached. No more neighbours ringing my doorbell panicly :-)

3. Softube Spring Reverb - Well it works good on Snares for that dubby pingg but I wasn't that satisfied, so I got

4. PSP Spring box too and this fills the gaps left by the Softube Spring excellently. But the Softube's tool emulates the "shrrannngggk" when I kick my AC30 :party:

5. DDMF's Metaplugin Well, it isnt bad but you haven't any macro function as patchwork or freestyle or even LFOs and EG like Nomad's magma FX - but this one sadly cannot work as instrument like metaplugin or

6. Kushviews Element can. This one is still in a somewhat pre release mode. As you can see I am an effects routing & modulating junkie. The culprit is NI reaktor for not having the possibility to insert VSTs inside its own mainframe.

7. Unfiltered Audio's sandman (including Instant Delay). I was really surprised how good it works. This one is for the more scary tasks where Replika XT isn't enough.

8. Unfiltered Audio's Specops. Unfiltered Audio definetely absorbed me this year with their leftfield approach on effects, so the next one got

9. Unfiltered Audio's Fault a real modulation nightmare came true. With their stuff you can render any recording to an unrecognizable state without producing unidentifiable sludge.

Well there was some more (too much as always) and I want to give

10. Fathom by Seaweed the last but a honorable mention too.

I wish you all the best for 2018

ReverendLove wrote:2. Softube Acoustic Feedback - Was surprised how good it works with an expression pedal attached. No more neighbours ringing my doorbell panicly :-)
Glad to hear someone speak well of this plug.
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

cturner wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:2. Softube Acoustic Feedback - Was surprised how good it works with an expression pedal attached. No more neighbours ringing my doorbell panicly :-)
I have the impression that those who are dissing this expecting to much. You definetely cannot emulate the whole signal chain from your pickup to boxes back to the strings... You name it.
But it sounds pretty realistic if you put movement to it.
Nothing for the party pooping purists ;-)

I keep a list of the synths that I bought, but never managed to do a list of the effects and libraries).

https://gist.github.com/waltercruz/87d0 ... 9d5043f1c9

But, making a list of the best 10 that I bought this year:

Repro-1/Repro-5 - and I received it as a gift in a contest.

Reaktor 6

U-He Diva

Soundtoys Bundle

Wave Alchemy Revolution

FXpansion Geist 2 - altough I'm not 100% sure, sometimes I feel that Geist 1 interface was better.

iZotope RX 6 Elements - once upon a time I had the RX3 (bought by pure GAS), but I sold it. RX6 Elements seems to have everything that I need, and it's a lot cheaper.

I bought a lot of Waves $29 offers, but I have to admit that I didn't test most of them (F6, SSL-G, SSL-E, SSL Master bus, J37, Element 2 and others).

cturner wrote:
I have to plugin, but can´t speak anything about it, because I can´t use it - impossible to authorize, if you don´t to give your iLok manager password to the Gobbler. Which I don´t. :evil:

Return to “Instruments”