Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

Delete

cherryMitch wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:40 pm
Gribs wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:02 pm Do I really want to go down this rabbit hole? Why am I even asking you guys? It is like asking my Shelties if I really want to make some bacon or open a package of cheese.

What does VM offer that is not offered by Reaktor and Softube Modular? What makes it unique?
I'm super biased because I'm an employee (I designed many of the modules), but the quick answer is, better UI resulting in much faster and easier sound creation/modification.
Thank you for your long response! I bought in.

I have a good-sized Eurorack system including two Monorocket (no longer building cases) Gemini cases filled up and more.

I got into Reaktor programming for a while, just far enough to decide it was too much like work work. I like the blocks.

Softube’s thing is not bad. It sounds good and I like the add-on effects and the Intellijel-modeled stuff; I have V1 versions of the modules... well except the Korgo which I sold or traded a while ago. I wanted to get a Morgo during my last round of module buying but they were sold out at the time. I have been into Euro almost 10 years now (nine goos if you know what that means) and have settled into a mode where I don’t buy much for about a year then add and maybe subtract a few around my birthday in August.

Anyway I have had a busy week at work so far and not much time to dive into the Cherry Audio stuff... gotta make some patches. I am going to take advantage of the multiple computer licensing and put VM on my work laptop so I can play on trips to Asia for work.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

This might be a windows related question. In my laptop I can pan/scroll inside voltage modular with the mouse pad using two fingers. This is a fast way to move inside the window. When I use a mouse, the middle mouse scroll + shift will scroll left/right and the middle mouse scroll will scroll up/down. I'm wondering if there is a way to pan left/right/up/down with just the middle mouse button and moving the mouse? This would make for a faster workflow and I've seen this functionality in other programs including VCV rack.

Also I'm not sure if this has been asked before but is there a way to replace a module with another module. Say you have an lfo and you just want to drag a different lfo to the same connection. Maybe it keeps only the common connections since not all lfo's, adsr's, etc are the same

Is there a way to remove demo modules from the general module list? Out of mere curiosity, I downloaded a bunch of demo modules, and now my module list feels too cluttered :borg:

epiphaneia wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 pm Is there a way to remove demo modules from the general module list? Out of mere curiosity, I downloaded a bunch of demo modules, and now my module list feels too cluttered :borg:
Use search :borg:

I'd love a "lights out" mode that emilates the effect of a real modular but with the lights out. or better yet, a dimmer. could even be a module! Not sure about you but when I get a cool patch going I like to turn out the lights and zen out with the flashing lights and music. :party:

plexuss wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:30 am I'd love a "lights out" mode that emilates the effect of a real modular but with the lights out. or better yet, a dimmer. could even be a module! Not sure about you but when I get a cool patch going I like to turn out the lights and zen out with the flashing lights and music. :party:
THIS.

After playing with this for a few days.. I really think the the "Perform" panel needs some work. Particularly, the 'momentary only' buttons.

Most hardware midi controllers these days have a row each.. of knobs, sliders and buttons.

I'm using a KORG nanoKONTROL2 myself.. which has eight knobs, with accompanying sliders and three buttons (24 total), per each set of knob/slider combo. A bit overkill on the buttons.. but it gets the job done. The buttons, and this is important.. can be set to either momentary or latched.

So, Voltage really needs more buttons.. that can be assigned to latch. And sliders would be cool as well. 8)

The Voltage Modular 'Perform' panel buttons seem to recognize the latched behavior sent by my controller. But anything assigned to it will only turn on, and stays on.. after that first press. No matter how many times you push the button on the midi controller to try to get it to turn back off. However.. the actual light on the Voltage perform panel button turns on and off.. but not the thing that is assigned to it.

Also.. I really wish Studio One's "Click + Drag Parameter" touch feature would recognize the Perform panels individual knobs and buttons, so that I could just easily assign them from touch. As it stands, I have to set up 'Automation Assign' through Voltage, for each.. which is a drag, but it works.

Anyway, aside from those issues.. I'm really enjoying this thing. :P

cherryDan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:48 pm
Artie Fichelle wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 pm still no microtuning?
Any modular synthesizer can do microtuning if you use an Attenuverter or VCA module to attenuate the CV signal, so that instead of 12 tones per octave, you can achieve many more tones per octave. What would you like to see in a microtuning modules? A selectable number of notes per octave? We'd certainly consider building one!

Dan @ Cherry Audio
You didn't ask me but I'd like to answer anyway. :)
It would be great if it would support scala (.scl or .tun) files, in that way the entire scala database becomes available and as a user you don't have to build the scale from zero.

deastman wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:47 am
progtronic wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:22 pm ok... just picked up the TB Vintage Bundle as well.

But that's IT, for today... :P

FML :clown:
:lol:

I actually wasn’t too excited about the 303 bundle...
My newly created, Frankenstein 303 would like to have a word...: Tronic 303.zip

progtronic wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 am
progtronic wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:22 pm ok... just picked up the TB Vintage Bundle as well.

Oh, I get it... this is just a ploy to get me to buy more stuff! :lol:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:36 am

I assumed you prolly had all the modules I used already.

It would be horrible, if you felt you needed to buy anything more.. in order to check out that awesome rack I just designed. :borg:

:tu:

progtronic wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:45 am
deastman wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:36 am

I assumed you prolly had all the modules I used already.

It would be horrible, if you felt you needed to buy anything more.. in order to check out that awesome rack I just designed. :borg:

:tu:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

progtronic wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 am My newly created, Frankenstein 303 would like to have a word...: Tronic 303.zip
Ha! Your patch made me laugh, in the low end. :tu: :party:

plexuss wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:11 am
progtronic wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 am My newly created, Frankenstein 303 would like to have a word...: Tronic 303.zip
Ha! Your patch made me laugh, in the low end. :tu: :party:
Bass.. on a 303. That's a knee slapper. :D

Return to “Instruments”