Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
rprkns3mus
KVRer
2 posts since 31 Jul, 2018

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am

I have another question, is there a way to send SysEx messages from voltage modular? Or is it possible to build a Java module like the midi out module that sends SysEx? I don't know much Java but is it possible to build such a module or is it something that voltage modular would have to support in their engine in order for that to work. For the SysEx messages it would be expected for the user to input the specific message to control the hardware synth.

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3320 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 am

Cherry people: You should consider enabling paypal balance on your checkout. I want to get a couple more bundles on sale but now no one is responding to my email at support, who, in the past, would generate a paypal invoice so I could use my balance. This omission in the checkout has cost you money because I wont buy unless I can use my balance. Such a simple ubiquitous thing... :dog:

cherryDan
KVRist
96 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm

plexuss wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 am
Cherry people: You should consider enabling paypal balance on your checkout.
We're really not sure why our payment processor isn't letting you pay with your balance, but we're looking into it, and will hopefully get that resolved soon. Sorry. :(

Dan @ Cherry Audio

cherryDan
KVRist
96 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm

KVR friends,

Cherry Audio is extending our Year One Anniversary Sale due to popular demand -- and we sure do mean popular. In the last 2 weeks, we have had over 15,000 people download the free Voltage Modular Nucleus package, and word is spreading across the Internet rapidly. We've seen articles posted about Nucleus in a dozen different languages, and we've had visitors to our website arrive from all over the world. The response from customers and from the press has been extraordinary, and we're just not ready to pull the plug yet. So we're extending the Year One sale until September 15th to allow everyone interested in modular synthesis to get Voltage Modular Nucleus absolutely free! https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/v ... ar-nucleus

To all 15,000 new users, welcome! We're excited to have you, and we hope you're having a blast exploring Voltage Modular and experimenting with the art of modular synthesis!

(Be sure to tell your friends about our free Voltage Modular Nucleus offer. It absolutely ends September 15th! For real, this time!)

Image

The Year One sale extension should give everyone a chance to participate in z.prime's Nucleus song competition at KVR. He's giving away a free copy of Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums to the winner! Join the contest at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=530596.

Image

Sound on Sound magazine just published their review of Voltage Modular, calling it "a proper modular monster" and "a true-to-life Eurorack sim." Reviewer Simon Sherbourne writes, "clearly believing that more is more, Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular combines a user-friendly interface with a very generous selection of modules. Whereas a hardware modular has a fixed palette of modules at any given time, there's a kid-in-a-candy-store sensation with software modulars, and Voltage Modular has more candy than most." He concludes, "Voltage Modular gives you a fun and immediate modular experience without dumbing anything down." Check out the full review here: https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/ch ... ge-modular.

Image

The Cherry Audio Year One Collection remains on sale for only $99 until September 15th, and it includes all 19 commercial modules Cherry Audio has released in the last year - a $280 value. Here are some videos demonstrating some of our favorite modules, all of which are included with the Year One collection:
..and that's just 5 of the 19 awesome modules included in this package!

Image

Andrew Macaulay has updated his Ultimate Bundle with five brand new modules, significant enhancements to nine existing modules, and fixes and other updates to existing modules.This update brings the number of modules available from Andrew Macaulay to 36 in total, all of which are included in the Ultimate Bundle collection ($39, https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/a ... ate-bundle). Read Andrew's Press Release to learn more about these new modules: https://andrewmacaulaymusic.uk/modules/ ... ancements/

Finally, modular musicians have been posting some awesome videos of music they've composed with Voltage Modular. Our favorite so far is this Generative Ambient Patch video from Almanacs. Almanacs writes that he likes "the fat sound of Voltage Modular, probably one of the best sounding soft synths out there." We could listen to this all day. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip_ysYsjhlU

Let us know if you post your own Voltage Modular video, and we'll be sure to share it far and wide!

If you're new to Voltage Modular, remember that lots of useful tutorial videos are available on our video page (https://cherryaudio.com/resources/videos). Visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/voltagemodular/) or join us in our forums (https://forums.cherryaudio.com/) to share your thoughts on Voltage Modular, ask the community questions, share your presets, learn new tips and tricks, or just get to know other Voltage Modular users!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3320 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:14 pm

cherryDan wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:03 pm
plexuss wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 am
Cherry people: You should consider enabling paypal balance on your checkout.
We're really not sure why our payment processor isn't letting you pay with your balance, but we're looking into it, and will hopefully get that resolved soon. Sorry. :(
Dan @ Cherry Audio
Well, for me, even less of an issue now that you are extendeding the sale - I can get the invoice made in the next couple weeks, so thats good. Yes, not sure why its not showing paypal balance. It's also the older interface. If you are using a cart/fulfillment partner, it's likely their issue. If you coded it yourself, not sure as most other vendors use the newer PP interface and all allow balance payments. :party:

cherryDan
KVRist
96 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:22 pm

plexuss wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:14 pm
If you coded it yourself, not sure as most other vendors use the newer PP interface and all allow balance payments.
The weird part is that our payment vendor is a division of Paypal. It's very confusing.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Last edited by cherryDan on Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cherryDan
KVRist
96 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:25 pm

rprkns3mus wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:19 am
Or is it possible to build a Java module like the midi out module that sends SysEx?
We actually haven't exposed a way for developers to send SysEx, but that's easily remedied. We'll add an interface to the next release of Voltage Modular, so developers can build SysEx modules. Great idea!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

User avatar
progtronic
KVRian
554 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Great.. now I'm considering the MS Vintage bundle. Thanks. :P

Food for the next few days?, or another Cherry Audio bundle?!

*glares at stack of Ramen noodle packets...* :smack:

FotoxBr
KVRer
5 posts since 6 Jul, 2019

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:35 pm

I like Voltage Modular. I already bought a few extra module bundles. Apart from monophony, polyphony it has also cacophony. In colours that is :-)
Probably I am not the first one who does not like the abundance of colours in different modules. I did not read all of this long thread. My feature request is an option to dim all these colours to a less bright grade. That would be nice.

User avatar
Niowiad
KVRist
477 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:03 am

I'm really loving Voltage but I'll have to agree on this ^^^. Especially the red modules.
Ideally for me it would be lighter colors for modules and stronger/more-saturated color for cables.

About cables color I made a small feature request in the Cherry forum (not sure they actually saw it though), asking for a favorite/custom color rotation. Hope to see this in future updates.
I tend to color-code my patches and currently it's sort of a pain. If I could just have a small amount of custom colors in the rotation it would be much easier.

User avatar
dave dove
KVRian
972 posts since 31 Aug, 2007 from wales

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:15 am

@plexuss and cherryDan
I have the same problem with PayPal
I only use my balance for music things
I spoke at length with support some time ago
and was also offered the PP invoice thing
I haven't taken advantage of that
as it put a brake on my impulse purchasing

Dave
There is Now and Not Now
Website Reaktor MaxForLive Facebook Youtube

jimtao
KVRist
33 posts since 21 Jan, 2004

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:44 am

The Sound on Sound review states, "Happily, I learned that the first big hardware crossover coming to Voltage Modular is another great through–zero oscillator, the Cynthia Zeroscillator."

When can we expect to see this in the marketplace?

Thanks!

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
3320 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:58 am

Niowiad wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:03 am
I'm really loving Voltage but I'll have to agree on this ^^^. Especially the red modules.
Ideally for me it would be lighter colors for modules and stronger/more-saturated color for cables.

About cables color I made a small feature request in the Cherry forum (not sure they actually saw it though), asking for a favorite/custom color rotation. Hope to see this in future updates.
I tend to color-code my patches and currently it's sort of a pain. If I could just have a small amount of custom colors in the rotation it would be much easier.
Going back to my request for a "night mode" that would dim the panels but keep the lights and displays active... there could be general panel settings parameters that adjust the saturation and exposure of the panel so you can dial it in to your liking. i still like the idea of a switch for night mode though.

User avatar
JoeCat
KVRian
1305 posts since 19 May, 2011 from North Carolina

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:17 pm

plexuss wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:58 am
Niowiad wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:03 am
I'm really loving Voltage but I'll have to agree on this ^^^. Especially the red modules.
Ideally for me it would be lighter colors for modules and stronger/more-saturated color for cables.

About cables color I made a small feature request in the Cherry forum (not sure they actually saw it though), asking for a favorite/custom color rotation. Hope to see this in future updates.
I tend to color-code my patches and currently it's sort of a pain. If I could just have a small amount of custom colors in the rotation it would be much easier.
Going back to my request for a "night mode" that would dim the panels but keep the lights and displays active... there could be general panel settings parameters that adjust the saturation and exposure of the panel so you can dial it in to your liking. i still like the idea of a switch for night mode though.

Agreed - probably my only complaint is some of the interface elements and colors are a bit, uh, bold. My preference is more towards the subdued - not everyone's taste but there are a lot of us. Any way to tap into the code just for skinning would be awesome.

Not a complaint - I love this thing, especially the bang-for-the-buck. So it''s down to nitpicking. :)

LuMar
KVRist
67 posts since 25 Feb, 2004 from near Cologne, Germany

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:24 am

I thought the Anniversary sale was extended?

If you put (as of today) the sale items into the cart, the price reverts to it's original higher state, not the sale price! :?:

Return to “Instruments”