Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
antic604
KVRian
1331 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:00 pm

robotgard wrote:I tried for a week with my friend and thought about buying. But now $ 150.

Is it possible to buy a bundle for $ 99?
It's officially out today, so too late for early access :(

https://youtu.be/lsksoXe6Kww
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

cherryMitch
KVRer
19 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:14 am

Whywhy wrote:Agree with you nleif, but finally I made a 16steps with 2 switchs, a divider ...save as a cabinet, and didn't buy any extra module.
You can definitely do all kinds of stuff like this; it's fun to use the divider on a seq running super slow to "transpose" another.

But we made the 16-step seq, because James (one of the main preset programmers) and I got tired of having to set up two 8-steps to flip-flop. :)

BTW, we plan on creating some more elaborate sequencers in the future.

cherryMitch
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:17 am

Charlie Firpo wrote:Can you gate sync (lock) the phase on the Analog Oscillator?
Not totally sure what you mean, but it has a sync input (intended for doing standard sync sweep type sounds).

cherryMitch
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:25 am

antic604 wrote:BTW, I found that for standalone application you can right-click the icon, go into properties / compatibility and there disable the high DPI options, which forces it to run in lower resolution and then the scrolling is buttery smooth.

Wish I could do this in Bitwig (or Studio One 4, where it's also choppy)...

Cherry Audio, maybe you could add an option to disable high-DPI support? I prefer it slightly blurry to choppy :(

And BTW2 - the MIDI Input module seems like it uses low-res assets when compared to everything else:

Re drawing/scrolling, everything works great on my 2015 Macbook Pro and Mac Pro tower, and I know the programmers don't have issues on their Windows machines, but if y'all are having scrolling/drawing issues, we will definitely try to get to the bottom of it. We don't want Voltage Modular running slow for anyone.

Re the MIDI IN module, the lo-res thing is fixed in Voltage v1.02.

cherryMitch
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:31 am

republik wrote:The Digi Drums are available and now. They’re pretty simple modulation-wise but the sample options are good.
The Digi Drum modules all have CV control of pitch and decay; on the hi-hat, I even added separate CV mod inputs for the open and closed samples. Other than sample select and accent volume, that's pretty much all the parameters. What else is it that you would want to modulate?

Charlie Firpo
KVRist
132 posts since 22 Feb, 2005

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:50 am

Hi Mitch! I was talking about the phase of the oscillator, in vaz modular you could set it to gate, so that the osc phase restarted with every key press. Good for creating drum sounds and hard bass =)

hivkorn
KVRAF
2788 posts since 6 Sep, 2007 from France

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 am

ho someone can tell me how to sync the seq with the daw !! i try a lot but i fail!

antic604
KVRian
1331 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:43 am

hivkorn wrote:ho someone can tell me how to sync the seq with the daw !! i try a lot but i fail!
https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21
Live 10 // Bitwig 2 // Reason 10
Music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

hivkorn
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:10 am

antic604 wrote:
hivkorn wrote:ho someone can tell me how to sync the seq with the daw !! i try a lot but i fail!

thx !!! :tu:

lnikj
KVRAF
1788 posts since 23 May, 2005 from the North Cornwall coast

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:57 am

cherryMitch wrote:
It has eight audio outs and four ins. There are MIDI in and out modules, as well as a CV to MIDI module; with these modules, you can transmit module notes/CV's to other virtual instruments or to external hardware. No OSC at present, but I suspect we'll keep adding more modules that let you interface with other gear... we're all for that.
Thanks for the info (and WhyWhy who answered too). I'll look forward to seeing how you develop it going forward and seeing the interesting modules that you are working on. Cheers.

Artie Fichelle
KVRer
22 posts since 28 Nov, 2004 from Finikounda, Messenia (GR)

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular Tunings?

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:24 am

Is it possible to use scala tuning files with this synth and to tune to 432Hz for example?
artie fichelle sounds natural

hivkorn
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:28 am

antic604 wrote:
still don't work for me...out of sync again...

republik
KVRist
160 posts since 8 Apr, 2004

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:33 pm

cherryMitch wrote:
republik wrote:The Digi Drums are available and now. They’re pretty simple modulation-wise but the sample options are good.
The Digi Drum modules all have CV control of pitch and decay; on the hi-hat, I even added separate CV mod inputs for the open and closed samples. Other than sample select and accent volume, that's pretty much all the parameters. What else is it that you would want to modulate?
Yeah, I’m not suggesting being able to modulate the remaining parameters that are currently there. I like these modules a lot!

Now that VM is officially released, is the module designer coming out soon too?

Niowiad
KVRist
216 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Is there demo version I can't find, or is it planned somehow? :phones:

robotgard
KVRer
4 posts since 14 Sep, 2018

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:54 pm

No demo.