Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

hi cherryDan,
does the free Nucleus install any system related files (apart from vst dll) like "vcredist" ? i would like to avoid version conflict with other soft.

kone2006 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:23 am hi cherryDan,
does the free Nucleus install any system related files (apart from vst dll) like "vcredist" ? i would like to avoid version conflict with other soft.
No it seems it doesnt.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

thanks Halonmusic.

kone2006 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:23 am hi cherryDan,
One of the libraries we use requires the Visual C++ v14 redistributable. Our installer will prompt you to install it if you don't have a compatible redistributable on your system, but this pretty much only affects older versions of Windows. For 99% of people, no extra libraries will be needed.

I hope that helps.

- Dan @ Cherry

Ok.

KVR friends,

We're all still overwhelmed by the COVID-19 outbreak, and, like you, we're all staying at home and making sure our families and loved ones are safe. We want to continue to do everything we can to help.

As you know, we've made Voltage Modular Nucleus FREE for everyone. It's a complete modular synthesis package, with 22 modules and over 130 presets, for OSX and Windows. We hope everyone will stay home, stay safe, make some music, and learn to master modular synthesis.

In tandem with our free Voltage Modular Nucleus campaign, we've worked with our third party developers to offer unprecedented low module prices, so you can expand your library and make the most of this unnerving situation. The Cherry Audio Helping Hand 2020 sale has commenced and will run through April 17, 2020.

Cherry Audio and many of our partners have slashed prices by as much as 50%.

Among the highlights: We've taken 50% off Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums (sale price $50), Voltage Modular Ignite (sale price $25), and the Cherry Audio Year One Collection (sale price $99).

New Modules from Andrew Macaulay, Vult, Nekomatic, Benard

Be sure to check out these new modules from our talented 3rd Party Module Designers:

Andrew Macaulay has published Release 4 of Andrew Macaulay Modules, including 11 new modules: Pitch CV Modifier ($10), Sample/Track and Hold ($10), Slew Processor ($12.50), Step Generator ($12.50), Stereo Mid-Side Processor ($12.50), Trapezoid Envelope VCA ($10), Voltage-Controlled Matrix Switch ($12.50), Voltage-Controlled Ratchet ($12.50), Legato Processor ($10), ENV-20 EG2 Envelope ($10) and Clock Multiplier/Divider ($10). New modules can be purchased separately, or, get them when you purchase as part of the Andrew Macaulay's Ultimate Bundle (sale price $39).

Vult has released 4 new modules: Vult Lapsus ($10), Vult Vultari ($10), Vult Disjoint ($10) and Vult Boomstick ($10). New modules can be purchased separately or, get Lapsus and Vultari when you purchase as part of the Vult Fury Bundle (sale price $40). Get Disjoint and Boomstick when you purchase the Vult Rage Bundle (sale price $40).

Benard has released 26 new modules, all of which are available in the new Mega Bundle Vol 3:

New modules are Hénon Map ($13.50), Poly Interpolator ($15), Thomas Attractor ($13.50), Poly Vector Mixer ($15), Poly Voltage Controlled Mutes ($15), Random Change ($15) Poly Random Trigger Delay ($10), Poly Micro Delay ($10), De Jong Attractor ($13.50), Random Trigger Delay ($10), kx^2 - 1 ($11), Vector Mixer ($15), Interpolator ($15), Voltage Controlled Mutes ($15), Micro Delay ($10), Interval Switch ($10), Random Poly Voice to Mono ($10), Poly Level Selector ($10), Level Selector ($10), Poly Voices To Mono Selector ($10), Mono to Poly Replicator ($10), Poly Macro CV ($10), Macro CV ($10), Linear VCAs ($8), Bifurcations ($13.50) and Filtered Noise ($10).

New modules can be purchased separately, or, get them when you purchase as part of the new Mega Bundle Vol 3 (sale price $99.99).

Nekomatic has released Almanacs Granular Processor (sale price $15). Also on sale from Nekomatic: Little Harmony ($10), Freezer ($10), Digital Vocoder ($10), Digital Vocoder Bundle ($15), Fixed Delay ($10) and the 6 Pads Chord Bundle ($10).

MRB (Zeroscillator Bundle only $25 and MRB Laboratory Bundle only $59), PSP Audioware (Ultimate Modular Collection only $49.99) and M*4 (all modules) are all offering big discounts as well.

All of us at Cherry Audio sincerely hope you, your family, and your loved ones are safe and healthy.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Hi, I am relatively new to modular synthesis and tweaking synthesizers in general. More a guitar guy dabbling around on a keyboard from time to time. But I decided that now would be a great time to learn the basics of sound synthesis with vm.

I already bought the core package and the PSP Ultimate Bundle. Now I'm wondering what would be the best next steps into the module acquisition rabbit hole? My basic selection of next Bundles easily adds up to $300-$400. If I should invest this amount of money now into this topic, maybe I should get Omnisphere first anyways... ?

I am not sure what my end goal could be with modular synthesis besides learning the basics and then moving on to the "big" synths and knowing a little bit better what I'm doing when twisting the knobs.

It seems like I can build a minimoog or a Korg MS-20 with the correct modules. How about more advanced synthesizers like a DX7, D-50 or M1? Is this even possible? Or are they based on a different technology?

On the other hand I would be interested into lead synth sounds of the prog rock/metal kind. Or ambient sounds. I guess granular synthesis could be interesting. But generative synthesis feels like the opposite of what I would consider tools for music composition and more something in the category of sound design?

So could anybody give me some sort of guidance about what direction I should be heading first and what bundles to consider? Since I'm not into electronic music very much, just dabbling around with some beepy sounds and noises won't bring me a lot of happiness.

And I guess the more presets there are per bundle, the better. Learning by example. PSP has a good selection of presets as well as CA. So this should be an important criterion for choosing between the bundles for me.

So far I have considered the following bundles:

MRB Laboratory Bundle
Zeroscillator Bundle
Digital Vocoder Bundle
Almanacs Granular Processor
The two Vult Bundles
uQuence Sequencer
Weevil Wavetable Oscillator Bundle
CA Year One Collection
Euclidean Duel
Misfit Audio Digi Drums
The Drift Pack

It feels pretty hard to get this selection down to $100-$150, even during the current sales times. I am very interested in your opinions.

I would put thinking about additional purchases to one side for the moment. Take your time and learn what the modules that you currently have can and can't do. At the same time research the design / implementation of the synths in which you are interested. That will give you a good idea of the modules that you would want next. You could get them individually or in a bundle or two (much better value).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

how nice of you to list ALL the modules you are selling.
A link to a webpage would have sufficed?
We wouldn't want anyone to think this is exploiting the pandemic...

Already had the Core + Drums. Got the PSP, Year One, and Zeroscillator bundles.

I am in analog heaven... This stuff sounds *so good*... Added a little sweetening with external processors and instant 90's WARP vibe.
A well-behaved signature.

Don't ask me how to save money with Voltage Modular, I've spent around $800USD on it so far. My advice would be "Buy More!" :phones:

spherem wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:07 pm I already bought the core package and the PSP Ultimate Bundle. Now I'm wondering what would be the best next steps into the module acquisition rabbit hole? My basic selection of next Bundles easily adds up to $300-$400. If I should invest this amount of money now into this topic, maybe I should get Omnisphere first anyways... ?
I would work with what you have for a while. Replicate a three-oscillator synth voice (plus noise) like that in a Mini-Moog. Then go crazy making patches using that as your base. Mess with linear and exponential FM of oscillator frequency and filter cutoff frequency using LFO’s, envelopes, and audio rate signals from the same or different oscillators. Use sample and hold on noise and other signals as both a modulation source and an audio source. Get into randomness, sequencing, and logic operations. Eventually you will start to want something else and you will have a better idea what to add.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

inkwarp wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:23 am how nice of you to list ALL the modules you are selling.
A link to a webpage would have sufficed?
We wouldn't want anyone to think this is exploiting the pandemic...
How is this ”exploiting the pandemic”, exactly? No one’s holding a gun to your head forcing you to read the post or buy anything. Developers gotta eat too, and producing music is a good form of escapism in these isolationist times, hence it’s probably interesting for many on this enthusiast forum.
Last edited by BeeDog on Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

EDIT: accidental double post.

spherem wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:07 pm I already bought the core package and the PSP Ultimate Bundle. Now I'm wondering what would be the best next steps into the module acquisition rabbit hole? My basic selection of next Bundles easily adds up to $300-$400. If I should invest this amount of money now into this topic, maybe I should get Omnisphere first anyways... ?
Don't forget you can use the 'plug-in host' to use all your instrument-, audio- and midi-plugins!

For example Reaktor can be an effect, cv-processor/generator, instrument, midi-generator, etc. I use Polyverse Gatekeeper (with CV-output) as an envelope in Voltage Modular.

No need to buy lots of modules.

BTW, I'm trying Coder from Ben Davis. It uses Javascript and it is (of course) very flexible. It only has gate inputs. I would like to see CV inputs to process it with Javascript, but I can imagine that javascript is not the most efficient language to program audioprocessing. Yesterday I managed to program an oscillator in Coder, but I needed the Glide module to smooth the waveform.

Return to “Instruments”