Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

cherryDan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:07 pm The DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer improves on the model that we created for the DCO-60 module, with even more accurate tone...
Will the refinements in the model be making their way back into the DCO-60 at some point? The 106 is awesome btw, congrats 👏🏼

It seems the OP got banned, so only a mod could rename the thread so is there is a mod around who could rename the thread to Cherry Audio (including Voltage Modular) ?

Then it would be an accurate reflection on the current state of play.

Also there should be a way on the forum to report a post/thread to mods for a reason other than it breaks rules.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Do we want this thread to be about all Cherry products (which granted is 95% Voltage at this point)? I personally would probably unsubscribe if it's just an "anything by this manufacturer" thread. Occasional posts about new products are fine, but it seems like the Voltage ecosystem is significant enough by itself to warrant its own little place on the internet?
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Ceej wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:14 pm Do we want this thread to be about all Cherry products (which granted is 95% Voltage at this point)? I personally would probably unsubscribe if it's just an "anything by this manufacturer" thread. Occasional posts about new products are fine, but it seems like the Voltage ecosystem is significant enough by itself to warrant its own little place on the internet?
My view FWIW is they only have one non-VM product, but as soon as they start to get up a head of steam releasing other non-VM things then revisit it and split it in two. I just get lost in the multitude of threads on here sometimes. At least this new thing is an instrument so the forum still applies.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

There's not much to dislike with these Cherry Audio products: Touch screen friendly, great MPE support. All automatable parameters.

I have to be totally honest though and say the DCO-106 doesn't quite match the Roland Cloud version for me. It isn't bad at all though. It just doesn't quite have the same magic of the hardware which the Roland Cloud version captures a little more, especially the filter. But I guess that might not be fair comparing a $25 dollar synth to a plugin by the company that made the original. And I absolutely hate Roland's cloud system.

So yeah, a very nice little 106. Just don't open the Roland version after it.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:49 am There's not much to dislike with these Cherry Audio products: Touch screen friendly, great MPE support. All automatable parameters.

I have to be totally honest though and say the DCO-106 doesn't quite match the Roland Cloud version for me. It isn't bad at all though. It just doesn't quite have the same magic of the hardware which the Roland Cloud version captures a little more, especially the filter. But I guess that might not be fair comparing a $25 dollar synth to a plugin by the company that made the original. And I absolutely hate Roland's cloud system.

So yeah, a very nice little 106. Just don't open the Roland version after it.
open tal unolx after da roland cloud, its also very cheap compared to roland

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:42 pm OK-I have had 10 minutes with it. Sounds great, lovely scalable GUI, a lot borrowed from VM in the 'framework' - absolute barging at $25 if you don't have a good 106 emulation already.

I won't be buying it (in this form) as I have the 106 covered...I suspect a lot of KVRers will have this icon sound covered and some existing VSTs like Diva to make it a bit more interesting by taking the features further and a mix and max approach. That would of course have been the case if this was a rack module, which I am sure will come (and I will buy it then :-))
I don't get this "I got it covered thing". If someone came out with an EXACT sounding Jupiter 8 emulation, would I not buy it because I got it covered with the Arturia JP8??

I know I'm exaggerating, but I think as we progress, we need to accept that vst synths will get better and better and we may need to let go of our old ones.

Raddler1 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:20 pm
we may need to let go of our old ones.
Then better let go of these Jupiter 8 things :-)

I wonder how it compares to the TAL juno emulation.

It would be cool if Starsky Carr did a new video for Tal's version, the Roland Cloud plugin and this new one.

TAl uno LX is seriously great but it's not a 106 emulation , it's a juno 6 emulation
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

We're spoiled with choices and it's good to have options. I agree when people say that the Zenology version of Juno-106 is different from the Legendary version, but I really enjoy it as a darker sounding version. Also using the MFX is much fun. Sometimes it works better. To me the Legendary version has more weight and a bit more brighter sounding, which is closer to the original.

As a big fan of TAL, Uno-LX is more of an earlier Junos. As much as I'm impressed by the TAL Mod, wish their older synths are being updated with such standard. Imho DCO-106 sounds like a newer generation of synth, which sounds more open and alive. Reminds me the most of the hardware. But hardly wish that the DCO-60 will get the same treatment, so nothing is missing. Or maybe like the Model 72, a synth with the same version of modules as a bundle. Being released at the same time, I'm really into the Model 72. The DCO-106 is a synth that I currently enjoy to compliment the Moog model which has a great bass and mid range. Mainly for the airy high range and great sounding reverb of the DCO-106. Would be cool to see the reverb as a module.

When they do the DCO-106 bundle with all modules, perhaps no need for a separate thread. It will also going to be a greater value instead of buying everything separately. At least as an option, while people who are not into VM are able to buy the synth only version.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Ceej wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:14 pm Do we want this thread to be about all Cherry products (which granted is 95% Voltage at this point)?
I wish this thread was moved to the cherry audion forum, which is under used.

viewforum.php?f=296&sid=97ece5c5d34a875 ... 73c8abfcfe

cherryDan wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:07 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:57 pm so it is great sounding, the price is right. but the DC-60 is also available as module (modules even). are they comparable soundwise? the DCO-106 is of course fully featured.

ow wait. it has MPE support. i am sucker for anything MPE....
The DCO-106 Polyphonic Synthesizer improves on the model that we created for the DCO-60 module, with even more accurate tone, great new effects, and lots of additional features (including chord mode, MPE, detunable unison mode, etc.), in high-performance plug-in and standalone formats.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Porting back just the sound related model enhancements to DCO-60 too would be great :pray: Or is it rather about feature enhancments and not about the sound quality? Sustainability is king and it would be a pity when the DCO-106 is just a better DCO-60 version. I'm striving more to keep also digital things a long time and not replacing them so often. I'm fine with small update fees at the same time. 8)

Am I the only one who wishes the Vintage Voice bundle and Polymode synth came with all the pieces as individual modules? Right now if I wanted to use multiple Juno oscillators in a patch with non-Juno filters I'd have to slot in instances of the entire semi-modular block. Not very practical, especially on a smaller screen. It seems like this would be easy to do since the pieces are already independently wireable within the big modules.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Instruments”