Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
33 posts since 13 Mar, 2020

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:55 am

Examigan wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:53 am
Nothing on their site yet.
I’m guessing they are sipping coffee now... waking up. Then in about an hour, they’ll push the JP6 to the store ;-)

KVRAF
5129 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:04 am

So it's the Polymode as a VST.

Everyplugin just dropped this on the bargain thread
Cherry Audio has just released the Polymode Synthesizer
a new VI app / plugin 'inspired' by the Moog Polymoog.
Intro price: $29 (Reg. 39) no end date yet.
http://everyplugin.com/polymode-synthesizer.html
polymode.png
Not really fussed as I already have the XILS version, the PolyM, but it is a fair bit cheaper than that so they may get some takeup. Really want them to show VM some love now though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF
3197 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:10 am

Interested, but I'm wondering what are the advantages to owning the standalone over the VM modules?
A well-behaved signature.

KVRAF
6349 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:15 am

JerGoertz wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:10 am
Interested, but I'm wondering what are the advantages to owning the standalone over the VM modules?
I would say none if you already have VM, I prefer to wait for these things to come out as modules (it was the other way around before!)
PC, BWS, Live and Studio One, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, MPC Live, A4 and RYTM, PT, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses

KVRist
251 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:29 am

Hi everyone,

You can read about the new Polymode Synthesizer plug-in here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=560206

We've have an amazing new set of modules in the works for Voltage Modular, and VM 2.2 will be released in the coming weeks as well. We think folks are going to be very excited about the new VM modules, but I don't have a release date for them yet as they are deep in development.

2021 is going to be a very exciting year for Cherry Audio! We have some amazing products planned and I can't wait for you all to see them.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

KVRAF
6349 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:32 am

cherryDan wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:29 am
Hi everyone,

You can read about the new Polymode Synthesizer plug-in here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=560206

We've have an amazing new set of modules in the works for Voltage Modular, and VM 2.2 will be released in the coming weeks as well. We think folks are going to be very excited about the new VM modules, but I don't have a release date for them yet as they are deep in development.

2021 is going to be a very exciting year for Cherry Audio! We have some amazing products planned and I can't wait for you all to see them.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Fabulous news! :tu:
PC, BWS, Live and Studio One, Renoise, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths + Eurorack, MPC Live, A4 and RYTM, PT, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses

KVRian
1471 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:44 am

take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

KVRian
1471 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:30 pm

cherryDan wrote:
Hi everyone,

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
already owning the polymode module, and me like modules, i am looking forward what VM 2.2 brings; better performance? etc. new modules.. always nice.
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

KVRist
33 posts since 13 Mar, 2020

Post Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:20 pm

Great. Looking forward to the new VM modules in ‘21!

KVRist
40 posts since 3 Jul, 2010 from the A

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:01 am

cherryDan wrote:
Hi everyone,

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Is 2.2 a paid update? Bought VM this morning, lol.

KVRAF
5651 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:11 am

doctoremmet wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:13 am
thejonsolo wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:24 am
Isn't today the day we see some new release?
Correct. I’m guessing some Jupiter emu, not the 8 ;-)
in that case a Jupiter 6 or 4! the 8 has been done so many times already
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket ||
Audiomack - SoundCloud - hearthis

KVRian
973 posts since 9 Feb, 2007 from San Ramon, California

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:26 am

cherryDan wrote:

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
There is a lot we can do now with VM. I am interested to see whether the next version will include sound quality enhancements.

If there are new modules that will be available for purchase, they have to be very compelling in functionality and sound. The bar is pretty high right now.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

KVRAF
5651 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:45 am

@Cherry Audio/CherryDan please consider doing a Jupiter 4 or 6 in the future. Not a J8 (been deone by TAL and Arturia, and probably others) :wink:
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket ||
Audiomack - SoundCloud - hearthis

KVRAF
5129 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:22 pm

Nice to see Benard has started releasing modules again.
Just one so far, a utility one named Polarizer, but best news is it’s free. Hopefully we’ll see some additions to Vol 3 etc sooner or later
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/polarizer

KVRist
251 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Post Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi everyone,

Today Cherry Audio released Voltage Modular 2.2.3, a free upgrade that brings many useful features to Voltage Modular, including:
  • Curve controls in the MIDI panel, for customizable linear, logarithmic, and exponential response curves.
  • Added Favorites system to the presets dialog. Users can now tag their favorite presets via the right-click menu.
  • Preset dialog can now be pinned open.
  • Improved audio resampler for enhanced audio quality at sample rates other than 48 kHz.
  • Drawing cables and controls is now more efficient, and we've made major improvements to GUI performance on the Mac, especially for those using Big Sur.
There's lots of additional improvements and bug fixes, and you can find the complete version history here: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular ... on-history

You can download Voltage Modular 2.2.3 now at https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-modular/download.

(Module developers, be sure to download the new Module Designer 2.2.3 from your library as well, and get the new Developer Kit 2.2.3 for all the latest documentation!)

We've got lots of exciting new modules on the way! More to come soon!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Return to “Instruments”