Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRist
247 posts since 9 Apr, 2005 from Japan

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:36 am

SHall1000 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:26 am
I used to be annoyed by the lack of modules in Softube Modular but I think quality trumps quantity in a virtual modular rig.
Agree, but Voltage has a way, way better UI, by which I mean how it works (Softube’s modules do look nicer). Moving modules around is so much easier, and modules slide out of the way so you insert one in between. Having to toggle “move” mode and move each module one at a time to create a gap in Softube Modular is so primitive it’s ridiculous. In Voltage you can drag cables from either end (and every input has a built in mult), whereas in Softube Modular you can only move cables from the receiving end, which means you often have to remove them entirely to reroute something. Can’t even resize the damn window. Just a terrible workflow overall (and IMO this matters, because the time it takes to actually build out an idea has a significant effect on what I’m willing to try). But yes, it does sound better, and the modules are mostly based on real ones too. That said, it also uses a lot more CPU.
Stormchild

sdv
KVRian
655 posts since 15 Sep, 2003

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:12 pm

xuoham wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 pm
+1 for the drift pack ! From the same developer, the probability router is very handy as well.
+1 for the Drift Pack & Probability Bundle
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

KVRist
251 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:04 pm

Hey everyone!

We've reviewed all your comments and concerns here (as well as on Facebook and our user forums) and met with a few Module Manufacturers personally to gather up suggestions and begin some overhauls to the store page.

After a thorough meeting and brainstorming session today, we'll be implementing some changes soon to the store page to help level the playing field for all Module Manufacturers. And, of course, help Voltage Modular users quickly find some awesome modules to explore their cabinets in new and exciting ways.

As Voltage Modular and the community continue to grow, we aim to address any scaling and growing pains! If you ever have any other suggestions, feel free to contact us directly (or post on the user forums) at any time and we'd be happy to note it down for our feedback and development meetings! Thanks to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and of course thank you for helping to make Voltage Modular into what it's become today! We're very excited to see the platform continue to grow, and we'll be sure to assist our Module Manufacturers in any way we can along the way!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

KVRian
1471 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:57 pm

cherryDan wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:04 pm
Hey everyone!

We've reviewed all your comments and concerns here (as well as on Facebook and our user forums) and met with a few Module Manufacturers personally to gather up suggestions and begin some overhauls to the store page.

After a thorough meeting and brainstorming session today, we'll be implementing some changes soon to the store page to help level the playing field for all Module Manufacturers. And, of course, help Voltage Modular users quickly find some awesome modules to explore their cabinets in new and exciting ways.

As Voltage Modular and the community continue to grow, we aim to address any scaling and growing pains! If you ever have any other suggestions, feel free to contact us directly (or post on the user forums) at any time and we'd be happy to note it down for our feedback and development meetings! Thanks to everyone for bringing this to our attention, and of course thank you for helping to make Voltage Modular into what it's become today! We're very excited to see the platform continue to grow, and we'll be sure to assist our Module Manufacturers in any way we can along the way!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
great! this is fair to all, and also will help users to navigate better through the store, everyone has his/her own perspective (that shifts of course in time, like in a ... modular ...).

again, great solution.

now; touchscreen scrolling for voltage modular... as you see, everything is personal (????).
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

KVRian
1094 posts since 8 Oct, 2004 from Australia

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:37 pm

I thought the post on the CA forum suggesting a 'Select All' checkbox, and then the ability to deselect the developer/s that you didn't want to see was a good compromise.

KVRist
128 posts since 5 Mar, 2006 from Ryû-Kyû

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:58 pm

Thanks Dan, this is great and i hope everybody will find this fair and enjoyable, after the necessary storm of the last few days.

KVRist
326 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:31 pm

I think something more than just user selectable "hide this developer" button is necessary. Its still not a good look for the brand for new or prospective buyers to see ngzrgrzgr's garbage flooded everywhere. Create a rate limit or something.

KVRAF
5129 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:04 am

Guess it’s a case of wait and see

KVRist
251 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Friends,

Today we've updated our main store page, at https://store.cherryaudio.com/. There’s now a “popular” products listing at the top, which shows the products with the most units sold in the last 90 days, 30 days, or all-time. This will help popular products remain visible to everyone, instead of getting lost in the shuffle of modules.

Below that you'll find our “New Modules” section, which is now limited to one module per manufacturer, so no single manufacturer can push other products off the New Modules listing simply by releasing a lot of products.

We hope these changes will help users find interesting modules quickly and easily. Of course, we'll continue to make changes to improve the store, so please let us know your feedback. Thanks!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

KVRist
128 posts since 5 Mar, 2006 from Ryû-Kyû

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:00 pm

Glad to see JK's modules are popular. Neither flashy, nor esoteric, just incredibly useful and well thought out !

KVRian

Post Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:30 pm

cherryDan wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:01 pm
Friends,

Today we've updated our main store page, at https://store.cherryaudio.com/. There’s now a “popular” products listing at the top, which shows the products with the most units sold in the last 90 days, 30 days, or all-time. This will help popular products remain visible to everyone, instead of getting lost in the shuffle of modules.

Below that you'll find our “New Modules” section, which is now limited to one module per manufacturer, so no single manufacturer can push other products off the New Modules listing simply by releasing a lot of products.

We hope these changes will help users find interesting modules quickly and easily. Of course, we'll continue to make changes to improve the store, so please let us know your feedback. Thanks!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
this improves the store in a great way. the store had always a kind of a 'overview' problem, until the flood (...), it could be done. but even before the flood, improvements were a good idea.

this is a great new step, much nicer, for users (and developers), popularity is also nice, it isn't a race, some modules that aren't that popular, you will certainly find, and buy. it gives some insight, it is done also by other stores.

so independent of the reason, which i supported, yes, the store is now (a) better (place)...

@xuaham, yes the JK modules me like. i guess many do. o no guessing anymore! ha!

KVRAF
5254 posts since 17 Aug, 2004 from Berlin, Germany

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:02 am

It doesn't need more modules or a better shop. It needs a better quality of the modules, especially good emulations of Eurorack modules. Softube are currently the only ones who also have the quality, unfortunately with the known problems and the cumbersome to use GUI.
Last edited by 4damind on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:12 am

4damind wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:02 am
It doesn't need more modules or a better shop. It needs a better quality of the modules, especially good emulations of Eurorack modules. Softube are currently the only ones who also have the quality, unfortunately with the known problems and the cumbersome to use GUI.
there are enough quality modules in VM, i don't need emulations of Eurorack modules, i like modules that have their 'own' mind, and of course can be inspired.

softube modular i also have, the known problems does not exist anymore (or you mean problems that i don't encounter anymore, it was only for some time), the GUI works for me. i can make great things in softube modular. or do you mean, the hit on the buffer? i am lucky in that way, with even an 'old' (still powerfull, and not thát old.. has all the things new plugins need and more) processor, softube modular works pretty damn good.

perhaps i don't miss them in VM, because of softube modular, it is always personal.

modules that have their own strength. that is what i like, enough around in VM. for me.

Return to “Instruments”