Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

but mean stuff, the arp 2500, in 21 modules... wow, and cherry audio & MRB... that means quality!

tomorrow, i will dive into it.

Just woke up (Tokyo time zone) and right away hit by this massive K.O. from VA.

This is absolutely fantastic... the 2500, the piano roll, the new yummy look of the store at its present state (bye-bye bubblegum modules :wink: !) , re-animator, ....

Kudos to Mark Gandalf Barton for leading this fantastic ARP2500 adventure !

arp 2500 = :tu:

Except modular keeps crashing i tried to add a connection crash i tried to add a module crash. But it works fine for a while. Nothing else crashes just modular

boombaxx wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:49 am Except modular keeps crashing i tried to add a connection crash i tried to add a module crash. But it works fine for a while. Nothing else crashes just modular
What are you running it on? I have t had any issues personally (win10)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think it may be reaper causing the issue not modular. I have rolled reaper back to 6.21 it is stable if i go any higher than that it starts crashing

boombaxx wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:08 am I think it may be reaper causing the issue not modular. I have rolled reaper back to 6.21 it is stable if i go any higher than that it starts crashing
I had this last night (Reaper 6.27). What is really odd is what rock solid for ages when I was only using VM track, but the issue started in a patch with mixing VM with other instrument plugins on other tracks.
May try rolling back, but first have some other DAWs so I can check it is worth it.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

boombaxx wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:08 am I think it may be reaper causing the issue not modular. I have rolled reaper back to 6.21 it is stable if i go any higher than that it starts crashing
can't reproduce it (yet?). reaper 6.27, voltage modular 2.25, windows 10 20H2, up-to-date. (Intel Proc).

did load voltage modular, within a project with already a track. add modules, patched. etc. played.

new project, add some instruments, and voltage modular, again loading a patch, or new; add modules, patching. no crashes..

Finaly an ARP2500 :D

nice, has someone compared it to http://niclasen.name/G2500/G2500.html#download ? or maybe to behringer?
How does it compete soundwise, i think on cherry audio some presets sound good and some other patches sound realy cheap, there is a big difference to softube modular's sound quality

sacer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:31 am Finaly an ARP2500 :D

nice, has someone compared it to http://niclasen.name/G2500/G2500.html#download ? or maybe to behringer?
How does it compete soundwise, i think on cherry audio some presets sound good and some other patches sound realy cheap, there is a big difference to softube modular's sound quality
Just download the free demo and see if you like how it sounds as I don't think there is any generic sound quality, depends who codes the modules...CA/MRB is a very good combo IMHO.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

How do you convert pulse frequency rate to bpm in the arp 2500 1027 module

boombaxx wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:29 pm How do you convert pulse frequency rate to bpm in the arp 2500 1027 module
The only joy I've had to get a tight sync is by slaving the clock of the 1027 to the host BPM by switching the 1027 module clock controls to GATE and using a Andrew McCauley Clock/X as below to convert the output of a CA SYNC DIVIDER into a 2ms TRIGGER GATE as below...
slaving the 1027 to host BPM.png
(also added the preset in the attached zip)
2500 SLAVED 1027 TO BPM.zip
Edit: You can also substitute a CA module named Trigger to Gate Converter if you don't have the other module in your library
slaving the 1027 to host BPM v2.png
2500 SLAVED 1027 TO BPM v2.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Ill give it a try thanks

That sequencer is very nice, much better than the "default" one.
3 lines of CV instead of 1, and (finally) gate out signal for the individual steps.

Very nice collection of new modules overall. Will definitely buy soon enough.

Check here for a preset with a method to sync the 1027 sequencer to a DAW.
https://forums.cherryaudio.com/viewtopi ... =12&t=1552

Return to “Instruments”