Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

The CV to midi is cool but its just digital, its software, so not ground breaking or amazing.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Whywhy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:16 pm I have bought Vm at 89€ , thinking...ok...
If its price was € 89 NOW, and with the modules, it has NOW, I could be tempted. But it isn't:

"Voltage Modular Core package (70 modules, regularly $150)". :nutter:

I am too busy with VCV, anyway, and it more than exceeds all my needs in what concerns modulars. And it grows and grows each day. Sure there are things that have to be paid, but in Cherry Modular, basically, EVERYTHING is paid (and not cheap, as I did show). They even dared to ask money for empty panels... :lol:

But I accept that some people may be comfortable the way things are. It's the same with Softube Modular. There is a place for everybody. I have mine, and I'm OK that others choose another.
Fernando (FMR)

Whywhy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:16 pm I understand, with vcv , a lot of modules are free, but the vst host is not free, same for the futur version 1
Version 1 will be free as will all future versions. Only a future VST version will cost money.

lnikj wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:43 pm
Whywhy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:16 pm I understand, with vcv , a lot of modules are free, but the vst host is not free, same for the futur version 1
Version 1 will be free as will all future versions. Only a future VST version will cost money.
Will modules need to be specially compiled for the VST version or will the same module version work in both standalone and VST versions?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hi everyone,

I want to let you all know some of the recent news about Voltage Modular, and some of the changes we're making in response to feedback from our customers.

* Next week, Voltage 1.1 will be released. This update will introduce Poly Jacks and Poly Cables, which can carry polyphonic signals on a single cable. This means that Voltage Modular 1.1 supports polyphonic modules, and all users of the Voltage Core package will now own polyphonic versions of our oscillator, filter, envelope generator, amplifier, and lots of powerful utility modules. All of these will be free for Voltage Core users. Plus, developers can build their own extremely powerful polyphonic modules! Here's a sneak peak at a 3-oscillator, 16-voice patch with both mono and polyphonic modulation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hcX8cEr8zI

* This week we introduced the new Super Oscillator, Super LFO, and Super Envelope Generator modules. These modules are also free for Voltage Core users. We released a new video today showing some of the sounds you can get from the Super Oscillator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfAxkM8oT4Q

* We're listening to your feedback, and we're making a change to the Voltage Module Designer. Starting next week, you'll be able to own a free Personal License for the Voltage Modular Designer, which will let you create and publish your own modules to your account. You can create all the modules you want, and use them in Voltage Modular all you'd like. (A commercial license will still be for sale for those that wish to sell modules.)

* The January 2019 issue of Computer Music Magazine has just come out. It features a review of Voltage Modular, which they call "hugely impressive." We are extremely proud of this. A lot of work has been put into making Voltage Modular sound, look, and feel great. If you haven't tried it, a free demo is just a few clicks away at cherryaudio.com.

* Free demos of most of the commercial modules, including many third-party modules, are available in the Store tab, by clicking on the "Demo" button. New third-party modules are on their way very soon!

* We've got a lot more cool modules in the works, and the Voltage Core package is going to continue to expand with some fantastic new content that opens up some really exciting possibilities for the VM platform. I'll continue to update the KVR forum as new content is released.

* Over the Black Friday weekend, we raised many thousands of dollars for victims of the devastating Camp Fire in California. On Giving Tuesday, we donated every penny of our profits from Black Friday sales of Voltage Modular to the North Valley Community Foundation. To everyone that made a purchase during our Black Friday sale, we are grateful, and we offer our sincere thanks.

Finally, I'd like to comment on some misinformation I've seen posted here. Some people were commenting on Cherry Audio selling "blank panels" for $10 each. Due to a server glitch a week or so ago, modules from our Core package showed up for sale individually. Because we have a minimum sale price of $10 for commercial modules, all of these modules showed up with a price of $10 each. This was a brief mistake which has been corrected. We never had any intention of selling these modules individually. Hey, mistakes happen. I hope you'll cut us a little slack and please don't accuse us of being "greedy" because of a temporary mistake. We're giving away a lot of cool modules to our users - with lots more coming! - and calling us greedy hurts. (As a side note, we don't set the prices of 3rd party modules. That's entirely up to 3rd party developers.)

Voltage Modular is a massive system - it's not just the plugin! There's a deeply powerful module development environment for programmers, and a custom server system that serves modules on-demand, keeps your module collection constantly updated, securely protects developer IP, and allows you to use VM without iLoks or other crazy dongles or weird license schemes. We're working hard to add more modules and more features, and we keep and eye on this forum, so please let us know what you'd like to see. We're happy to answer all of your questions.

All the best,
Dan & the Cherry Audio team

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:07 am
lnikj wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:43 pm
Will modules need to be specially compiled for the VST version or will the same module version work in both standalone and VST versions?
I have no idea. Andrew has stated that everything that works in standalone will work in the VST. Does it matter if that means a module has to be compiled twice for the two versions? You would be better asking in the FB group.

@ Dan Cherry: WORD! :tu:
The average bored guy

cherryDan wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:10 am Starting next week, you'll be able to own a free Personal License for the Voltage Modular Designer, which will let you create and publish your own modules to your account. You can create all the modules you want, and use them in Voltage Modular all you'd like. (A commercial license will still be for sale for those that wish to sell modules.)
Great! Cherry Audio might just lead me into DSP design then! :clap:
Trance, Trance Is Life

it would be good to have a module 'sync to host' because i try a lot but i 'd never been able to sync a sequencer...

hhuang9611 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:02 am
cherryDan wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:10 am Starting next week, you'll be able to own a free Personal License for the Voltage Modular Designer, which will let you create and publish your own modules to your account. You can create all the modules you want, and use them in Voltage Modular all you'd like. (A commercial license will still be for sale for those that wish to sell modules.)
Great! Cherry Audio might just lead me into DSP design then! :clap:
does it mean the module will not be free for all and cannot be share ?

I'm glad I chose Voltage Modular. News all the more exciting!

I am interested to see what form the 'designer' takes, if it is simple to use and modular like Reaktor it may put Cherry back on the radar (where as currently I am quite happy with the free VCV rack).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:05 am I am interested to see what form the 'designer' takes, if it is simple to use and modular like Reaktor it may put Cherry back on the radar (where as currently I am quite happy with the free VCV rack).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEIb92D ... gs=pl%2Cwn

OK- it seems to me to be an intelligent GUI editor and code host, all of the 'real programing' is done in JAVA with a set of pre-programed JAVA code - may help some people and its cool its going to be free, but I suspect that the VCV model (although in C++) with its 'open source' attitude and all the C++ template modules up on GitHub (https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack) may produce more useful modules. Some of the free user content created for VCV has been of a very professional level, I am not sure what the point of the 'voltage modular designer' is at this point if I can't benefit from modules made by people with far more talent and time than me....If I want to make something I will be sticking to Reaktor for now I think, especially as I can use it as a VST in VCV Rack already.

As a side note, I love modular stuff and I have a lot of it (500hp) I would have bought this in a heartbeat (not you softube!) if VCV rack hadn't come out, I kind of feel sorry for the Dev as it is obviously very good software, but it is hard to go against something that is free and seem to have the weight of a lot of very talented open source designers behind it...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

cherryDan wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:10 am As a side note, we don't set the prices of 3rd party modules. That's entirely up to 3rd party developers.
from the Designer FAQ: https://cherryaudio.com/voltage-module-designer/faq
If I sell my modules, is there is a minimum price I can charge?

Yes. Modules can be sold for any price at or over US$10.
so, it's not entirely up to 3rd party developers :?

Return to “Instruments”