Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:08 pm if wags gets a clouds before i do, there will be trouble :lol:
Well, I could have gotten the Softube Clouds but honestly, I wasn't impressed with it. Hopefully, VM's will impress me when it's done.

cant really comment on the soft versions, but had my eye on the mutable instruments, then it got discontinued :bang:
the ebay prices shot up! so i figured wait on the new version.

vurt wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 pm cant really comment on the soft versions, but had my eye on the mutable instruments, then it got discontinued :bang:
If you're running VCV, they have a deal where you pay a one-time $30 for their 'Audible Instruments' package (which goes to charity, btw), and have access to the VCV version of all the new Mutable stuff, months before the code is released to the public for hardware DIYers. So you can test them to see if they will work for you.

[aside] There are several reputable builders that I am aware of who do limited runs every couple of months or so of "μClouds", which is an 8hp version of clouds. They general go for $250-280, and are virtually the same as the bigger version including the alt-firmware, which they will load for you in most cases.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

There are two new additions to the PSP nitro collection: an envelope with cv inputs for every stage and a frequency shifter. :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

kingtubby wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:50 am There are two new additions to the PSP nitro collection: an envelope with cv inputs for every stage and a frequency shifter. :)
Now how does this work for people who got the entire PSP Collection. Do they get downloaded next time we go into the plugin or is this additional cost?

** EDIT ** NVM, Automatically Updates

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:19 am
vurt wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:33 pm cant really comment on the soft versions, but had my eye on the mutable instruments, then it got discontinued :bang:
If you're running VCV, they have a deal where you pay a one-time $30 for their 'Audible Instruments' package (which goes to charity, btw), and have access to the VCV version of all the new Mutable stuff, months before the code is released to the public for hardware DIYers. So you can test them to see if they will work for you.

[aside] There are several reputable builders that I am aware of who do limited runs every couple of months or so of "μClouds", which is an 8hp version of clouds. They general go for $250-280, and are virtually the same as the bigger version including the alt-firmware, which they will load for you in most cases.
Yep - got one of these, and I am happy with it so far. Check Reverb and, believe it or not, Etsy.

kingtubby wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:50 am There are two new additions to the PSP nitro collection: an envelope with cv inputs for every stage and a frequency shifter. :)
3! This is a Christmas present)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It’s looking like a $220 afternoon to me. I gotta have the PSP and Vult stuff, and I just got GeoShred Control for the iPad (it works gangbusters with Logic), so now I need the MPE module too

And the money pit continues.:lol:

I know I am going to someday regret starting down this path but for now I'm having too much fun. Such a joy to program, unlike another modular that will remain nameless.

bharris22 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:01 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:19 am

Yep - got one of these, and I am happy with it so far. Check Reverb and, believe it or not, Etsy.
not to keep on the hw tip for too long...
i want to buy straight from mi, as kind of a thank you for supporting the charity auction. in the hopes if they see support for their action, they will return next year(well this year now) and ill get some cool cheap modules again :hihi:

i may grab a clone, for keeping me going till 2 comes along, and it might be cool to build a little one rack thing with a few nice processors in.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:57 pm And the money pit continues.:lol:

I know I am going to someday regret starting down this path but for now I'm having too much fun.
well, the good thing is, you don't have to buy everything ;)
yeah, its nice, but grabbing the right bits is more important.
less can indeed be more in modular, and given in software you have as many instances of a module as your system can handle, youre already infinite possibilities ahead of me :P

SirKen wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:17 pmWhen is the sale going to end?
Why are you asking? If you want to get it, don't wait. If you want to sell your license, don't :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 pm
Why are you asking? If you want to get it, don't wait. If you want to sell your license, don't :P
Credit Card Bills and Cycles. I already spent quite a bit last month, I wouldn't mind pushing it to the next credit card payment period.

SirKen wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:25 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:58 pm
Credit Card Bills and Cycles. I already spent quite a bit last month, I wouldn't mind pushing it to the next credit card payment period.
Same here. I don't mind missing out on the drum package personally. It's nice, but I have more drum-machines/drum-synths than I can even remember, let alone use, so am content to get the starter-kit, and do the $50 upgrade, and PSP Nitro stuff, later. I also have all of PSP's wares, since DirectX days, sooo, I'm not hurting for it, but the integration and control/modulation within the rack is really cool.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Question: Today, I purchased two more modules. Additive OSC and VCF-20 Filter. When I refreshed my system, I noticed that there were several other modules that weren't there a few days ago.

Are there modules that you automatically get when they come out if you bought the core package? If so, this is turning into an even better deal than I expected.

Anyway, I was just wondering where these modules came from. I definitely did not buy them and they are not in demo mode.

Return to “Instruments”