bite_me
KVRist
334 posts since 2 May, 2015 from Ruhrgebiet

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:20 pm

antic604 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:16 am
bite_me wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:23 pm
I would totally :love: to see a PSP oscillator module!
Perhaps one can hope...
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/psp-nitrolfo has a trigger and 1v/oct input :)
One thing I have to check out! 8)

ftech
KVRian
1042 posts since 8 Oct, 2004 from Australia

Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:16 pm

I had talked myself out of the PSP bundle when it first came out, but now I've gone and demo-ed it and was having too much fun to ignore it!
I do have N2O, and was thinking of using the new hosting feature to get it in to VM, but the possibilities with individual patching of modules is more appealing now.

cherryDan
KVRist
46 posts since 1 Oct, 2018

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:19 pm

KVR friends,

Today is a good day for some new modules, and we’ve got a pile of really exciting new modules to share with you. Let’s get right to it..

Sampler I (free for Voltage Core owners!)

It’s time to rethink what a modular synthesizer can do. Voltage Modular takes a massive step forward with the release of Sampler I, a free module for all owners of the Voltage Core package. This feature-packed sample playback module can load WAV, AIFF, MP3, and OGG files up to a minute in length. Automatic transient detection combined with our Snap to Transient feature makes it easy to create perfect loops. Loop Start, Loop End, and Loop Point are all fully CV controllable, and samples can play forward or in reverse based on these settings. Sample Rate decimation and Bit Depth decimation are included, and of course, are fully modulatable with CV. Sampler I is a blast to play with, whether you’re adding drum and percussion loops to your patches or building patches around your favorite sampled sounds.

Sampler II ($10)

Sampler II includes all of the features of Sampler I, plus real-time stereo sampling. Sampling can be triggered by input signals that go beyond an adjustable threshold, or can be started and stopped with CV via the REC GATE input. Sampler II can even resample itself, by feeding its outputs into its inputs. With Sampler II, it’s possible to build generative patches that sample and loop themselves as part of the patch, which can lead to some mind-blowing possibilities.

See Sampler I and Sampler II in action:

https://youtu.be/-05wFGN9JN0

Vintage Oscillator (free for Voltage Core owners!)

Voltage Modular’s standard Oscillator module is based on the waveforms generated by modern modular equipment, using modern electronics. These oscillators are impressive for their stability and near-perfect waveshapes. Today, we’re proud to announce the release of our new Vintage Oscillator module, another free module for all owners of the Voltage Core package. This module offers all of the features of our standard Oscillator module, plus a 64’ setting and linear frequency modulation. But under the hood, this module recreates the imperfect waveforms created by vintage analog oscillators. Featuring low-aliasing, high-performance oscillator models, plus subtle analog drift and imperfection, the Vintage Oscillator module will add classic tone to your modular patches.

To see and hear what Vintage Oscillator can do, and to compare it to a classic analog synthesizer, please watch this video:

https://youtu.be/voP5W2mGkF8

Remote Control ($15)

Yet another revolution in what can be done with Voltage Modular: with the Remote Control module you can control any knob, slider, switch, or button with CV, including the macro knobs in the Perform panel. Mapping a channel to a knob is just a matter of clicking the Learn button and then touching any control in your project. That control will now be fully automatable with CV.

A short demo of the Remote Control:

https://youtu.be/DeAhzXFUD3I

PSP Poly Modular Collection ($69, or free for PSP Ultimate Modular Collection owners)

PSP has just released this new suite of 8 polyphonic modules for Voltage Modular. The wide set of features included in these modules combine flexibility and creativity with simple to use designs. These are great for building increasingly complex polyphonic patches, and they’re free for owners of the PSP Ultimate Modular Collection.

PSP is showing off their modules for Voltage Modular at The NAMM Show, going on right now. Please visit PSP at Booth 19203 and say hi!

Voltage Modular 1.2.3

We’ve just released a new upgrade of Voltage Modular, featuring support for these new modules, plus efficiency improvements to our plug-in hosting system and to our core module processing code. Be sure to upgrade to Voltage Modular 1.2.3 to get access to all these great new modules! Visit https://store.cherryaudio.com/my/library to download the update - or just run Voltage Modular, which should download the update automatically.

Thanks everyone!
-Dan @ Cherry Audio
Last edited by cherryDan on Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tappistry
KVRian
1216 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:24 pm

Kind of impressed that they’re actively releasing updates and additions while at NAMM.

plexuss
KVRAF
2702 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Tappistry wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:24 pm
Kind of impressed that they’re actively releasing updates and additions while at NAMM.
You haven't bought it yet ?????? :party: :phones:

Tappistry
KVRian

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:30 pm

plexuss wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:27 pm
Tappistry wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:24 pm
You haven't bought it yet ?????? :party: :phones:
Lol I probably will.

Though I’m waiting for a reply on their forum to see if they’re hopefully working on improved VST3 stability.

Koshdukai
KVRist
300 posts since 11 Mar, 2007 from Portugal

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:40 pm

At this rate of updates, we need auto-update or at least a "There's a new version. Wanna update?" at launch of VM ;)

ftech
KVRian
1042 posts since 8 Oct, 2004 from Australia

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Loving the old skool EMU look of the sampler modules!

cherryDan
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:58 pm

Koshdukai wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:40 pm
At this rate of updates, we need auto-update or at least a "There's a new version. Wanna update?" at launch of VM ;)
FYI, Voltage Modular will download software updates when you run it, and it will ask you if you want to install the update (when you exit) once the download has completed.

-Dan @ Cherry Audio

Shabdahbriah
KVRAF
4920 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:21 pm

ftech wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:53 pm
Loving the old skool EMU look of the sampler modules!
Beat-me-to-it. :tu:

VM, has definitely been a wise software investment. Seriously impressed with its development of stuff I actually want to use/do, and the flexibility/inter-connectivity/relationship with other apps, hardware, and processes. :clap:
Perception is the ultimate "reality" ~ but not, the ultimate Truth.

cherryMitch
KVRist
38 posts since 25 Aug, 2018

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:03 pm

Hey all:

For those of you playing with the brand new Sampler I and Sampler II modules, documentation for these is hot-off-the-press (keyboard? screen? whatever):

https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... /sampler-i
https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... sampler-ii

Enjoy.

(updated links 1/26/19)
Last edited by cherryMitch on Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shabdahbriah
KVRAF
4920 posts since 19 Jun, 2008 from Seattle

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:18 pm

From the above: "Sampler I can load and play samples in AIF, WAV, MP3, and OGG formats. User samples are in WAV format at 32-bit/48kHz resolution."

I'm assuming this isn't a typo, but I don't know a whole lot of people who record or export at 32/48, notwithstanding Make Noise Morphagene's requirements.

Does it mean, 'up to' 32/48? What about 24/96?
Perception is the ultimate "reality" ~ but not, the ultimate Truth.

Tappistry
KVRian

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Anyone know if the PSP Ultimate Modular collection is being sold by any 3rd party resellers?

plexuss
KVRAF
2702 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Tappistry wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:54 pm
Anyone know if the PSP Ultimate Modular collection is being sold by any 3rd party resellers?
Strictly speaking, Cherry is a 3rd party seller of PSP Ulitimate. But no, not that I have seen. I have only seen the Core and Ignite budles sold by resellers. :phones:

cherryDan
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Shabdahbriah wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:18 pm
From the above: "Sampler I can load and play samples in AIF, WAV, MP3, and OGG formats. User samples are in WAV format at 32-bit/48kHz resolution."

Does it mean, 'up to' 32/48? What about 24/96?
The samplers will load audio files in any sample rate & bit depth. The 32-bit/48kHz resolution mentioned is the format produced when you use the Export feature to save your sample to a WAV file. The file created will be in 32-bit, 48 kHz format.

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Return to “Instruments”