Thrid party skin for Tone2 Electra2?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
cowby
KVRian
811 posts since 2 Feb, 2005

Post Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi, just bought this synth and I have searched in tone2's forum but no luck. The "skin" link they provided was not avail any more. So I'd like to seek for your advise that if there is any 3rd party skin for their synths (in my case Electra2 / Galdiator 2.5).

Thanks!

Cowby

exmatproton
KVRAF
2086 posts since 25 Apr, 2011

Re: Thrid party skin for Tone2 Electra2?

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:39 am

cowby wrote:Hi, just bought this synth and I have searched in tone2's forum but no luck. The "skin" link they provided was not avail any more. So I'd like to seek for your advise that if there is any 3rd party skin for their synths (in my case Electra2 / Galdiator 2.5).

Thanks!

Cowby
No. There isn't. However, with res hacker you could try to make your own.
te2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 am

made this as an ugly test;
ugly test.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Halonmusic
KVRAF
1614 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:18 pm

exmatproton wrote:made this as an ugly test;
ugly test.JPG
This is pretty damn nice if you ask me. :wink:

Examigan
KVRAF
4288 posts since 15 Sep, 2005 from East Coast of the USA

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:44 pm

cowby wrote:Hi, just bought this synth and I have searched in tone2's forum but no luck. The "skin" link they provided was not avail any more. So I'd like to seek for your advise that if there is any 3rd party skin for their synths (in my case Electra2 / Galdiator 2.5).

Thanks!

Cowby
There are for Saurus but not for those two you mentioned, unless I am mistaken. https://www.tone2.com/html/arpeggiator.html

Scroll down on that page to see those two skins I mentioned about.

fmr
KVRAF
7604 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Examigan wrote: There are for Saurus but not for those two you mentioned, unless I am mistaken. https://www.tone2.com/html/arpeggiator.html

Knobs still look ugly and wrong. Those weird light reflections are completely absurd.
Fernando (FMR)

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Halonmusic wrote:
ugly test.JPG
This is pretty damn nice if you ask me. :wink:
LOL...

Tried to open the dll (after backing up ofcourse), changed the PNG's a bit, saved the dll and it worked :party:

knobs, light fx and text are all pre-baked :x

I don't like their GUI's. Icarus is somewhat okay-ish..but no. I am using their synth mainly for the sound... :D

Examigan
KVRAF

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 pm

fmr wrote:
Examigan wrote: There are for Saurus but not for those two you mentioned, unless I am mistaken. https://www.tone2.com/html/arpeggiator.html

Knobs still look ugly and wrong. Those weird light reflections are completely absurd.
I agree that the shiny/reflection part of the knobs are a bit much. The original Saurus knobs look better.

There were some optional blue knobs for the white skin that looked better. Actually those skins that are with the arp soundset may not work with v2.5.

chk071
KVRAF
17025 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:03 pm

As protective as Markus is with his stuff, i'm not sure if he likes this...

Russell Grand
KVRian
1316 posts since 22 May, 2017

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:09 pm

ugly test.JPG
It's better, but not much better than the original.

cowby
KVRian
811 posts since 2 Feb, 2005

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:42 pm

have asked Tone2 and there is no skin for E2 for the time being. May be future release will have ...

fmr
KVRAF
7604 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:31 am

Examigan wrote:
fmr wrote:

I agree that the shiny/reflection part of the knobs are a bit much. The original Saurus knobs look better.
Yes, the original looked way better. That's not just the fact the reflection is too much. It is plainly wrong. If it's a reflection, it should appear in ALL knobs in the same place, independently of what they are pointing to, not chaging from one knob to the other. This is a beginners mistake.

If there is a reflection it means there is a light source, and that light source causes the reflections to appear in the same position for ALL knobs that are being lighted no mater the position of the knobs themselves.
Last edited by fmr on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

exmatproton
KVRAF

Post Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 am

Russell Grand wrote:
ugly test.JPG
It's better, but not much better than the original.
Lol..i think it's uglier..was only trying if the dll would compile

Examigan
KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 am

fmr wrote:
Examigan wrote:
fmr wrote:

Yes, the original looked way better. That's not jest thje fact the reflection is too much. It is plainly wrong. If it's a reflection, it should appear in ALLK knobs in the same place, independently of what they are pointing to, not chaging from one knob to the other. This is a beginners mistake.

If there is a reflection it means there is a light source, and that light source causes the reflections to appear in the same position for ALL knobs that are being lighted no mater the position of the knobs themselves.
I found a screenshot of the skin with the blue knobs. I like it much better this way than with the shiny controls.
Blue knobs.jpg

Return to “Instruments”