Halion Sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HALion 7 HALion Sonic 7 Collection

How does Halion 6 compare with Avenger?
In terms of synth and granular capabilities.

Decided to go for Halion 6 after all, so re-downloading the entire HalionSonic 20GB which is included.
Given the fact that I am not exactly an engineer, I know what to do for months to come. Which is not a drama.

---------------------

I never purchased Avenger so I can't judge, but I assume I can safely say that Halion is from an other order.
Not to say anything bad abgout Avenger though.
Just watch the futuremusic 6-part series on sampling and Simon Stockhausen's tutorial on wavetables in it....
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Romantique Tp wrote:
felis wrote: I got Halion 6 as part of Absolute 3 last Black Friday. It won't run without the dongle.
Yes, because Absolute 3 still requires the dongle.
OK - kind of sucks a little for me though.
I'd like to be able to use Hal 6 on my laptop and desktop without having to switch the dongle around.
I've got one broken usb e-licenser already. The new ones are smaller, so it's not as bad.
They don't stick way out on the laptop to get bumped into.

felis wrote:
Romantique Tp wrote:
felis wrote: I got Halion 6 as part of Absolute 3 last Black Friday. It won't run without the dongle.
Yes, because Absolute 3 still requires the dongle.
OK - kind of sucks a little for me though.
I'd like to be able to use Hal 6 on my laptop and desktop without having to switch the dongle around.
I've got one broken usb e-licenser already. The new ones are smaller, so it's not as bad.
They don't stick way out on the laptop to get bumped into.
Actually if I understand how the soft license works, you wouldn't be swapping between computers at all. So to do what you want, you need the dongle. I've not used the borgz soft license, but I think it is single machine. I could be wrong.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote: Actually if I understand how the soft license works, you wouldn't be swapping between computers at all. So to do what you want, you need the dongle. I've not used the borgz soft license, but I think it is single machine. I could be wrong.

Yes - you're right. I forgot about that. There's so many protection schemes it's hard to keep them straight.

I like it better if you buy something and can put it on all your computers, but Steinberg doesn't do things that way. You've got to buy a dongle and then you can switch the dongle between computers.
Dongles can get lost or broken, but I guess no system is perfect.

The software eLicenser lets you transfer your license to any computer that can log into your MySteinberg account and click "Reactivate". It's very quick and easy.

The advantage of using the hardware eLicenser is that you don't need an internet connection to switch between computers. Just plug the dongle into the USB port and the software works.

My eLicenser is getting ancient :D

I might upgrade from Halion 5. It is only $50. I find Halion to be a bit Schizophrenic compared with Falcon and am not a fan of Steinberg’s install folder placement Steinberg stuff... Hmmm...
------------------------------------------
Gribs

i bought halion 6 because it was only $50 more than HS3

from what i understand you get all content from hs3 in halion 6 or am i wrong ?

Sg1122 wrote:i bought halion 6 because it was only $50 more than HS3

from what i understand you get all content from hs3 in halion 6 or am i wrong ?
You understand correctly.

Halion can be a bit confusing because of the various levels available. There's Sonic SE (free), Sonic 3 (workstation),
Halion 6 -(sampler/synth and includes the others), and the Halion 6 that's included with Absolute 3 (includes sound banks).

https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/v ... rison.html

For anyone who wonders what it's about, they can download the Sonic SE to try it.
It says it doesn't include any content. I don't now exactly what it has or doesn't have
because I've got the other versions. Maybe someone can dl it and report what it does:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pa ... _free.html

The free version of Halion Sonic SE comes with nothing, obviously. It's a player for sample and preset libraries, both by users and Steinberg.

Only the Cubase version comes with content. Each Cubase "tier" adds more samples and presets.

You can ask for a demo, it will contain a full version for 30 days including the sounds. I most likely will get the full version the next days...

Pretty sure you have to play with a dong to use it. Make sure you are willing to do that first.

It works fine without here...

Well, they didn’t put requirements at the end of the page OR on the buy page so I don’t trust it. I have no idea what I’m getting myself into. Just be aware as a heads up. If you are willing to go there then have fun. I’m not.

Return to “Instruments”