Arturia V Collection 6 vs UVI Vintage Vault 2: Who wins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you had to choose just one, which would you pick and why?

I'm leaning toward keeping Arturia, simply due to how much hard drive space VV takes.

vv2 for me because the quality is there and i love their programming (patches).
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:vv2 for me because the quality is there and i love their programming (patches).
Some things in VV2 really do sound amazing. That's the kicker. Better sound, less CPU (samples vs virtual analog), less flexible overall. Arturia has slightly less "real analog" tone, takes more CPU, but offers considerably more flexibility and a consistent user experience regarding presets.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Arturia plugins are modeled synths (+ pianos and organs) and those from UVI are mostly sample based so IMO they are not really comparable, especially if you want to program your own patches from scratch.
Most Arturia plugins also include additional/advanced features compared to teh real thing.

I got UVi Falcon since it was released but am more interested in the syntheis features of Falcon than in the UVI sample libraries. So far the only library i bought from them was "Mello" with teh voucher i got for the Falcon purchase.
Besides that i also got the awesome VI Labs Ravenscroft 275 piano library which is not from UVI but could be used with both UVI Workstation and Falcon.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

My vote would be for Arturia. I tend to steer away from UVI and from samplebased in general. Synthesis is much more flexible. Samples also eat up a lot of space and my SSD is only so big.

(Syntronik is an exception here as it works for me.)

Ingonator wrote:Arturia plugins are modeled synths (+ pianos and organs) and those from UVI are mostly sample based so IMO they are not really comparable .
Exactly this.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Arturia, because the collection has a lot to offer for a producer. The instruments might not emulate the instrument they are named after 100% but they are decent. Compared to UVIs sample based stuff you have way more tone shaping flexibility With VA synthesis.

If you are ok with what you get in the V collection and can work with it then Arturia is a real good deal. You get a lot of nice vintage style sounds at your finger tips.

If it sounds good and you can make music then use it.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:If it sounds good and you can make music then use it.
:tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Only preset junkies could think about comparing a sample versus a model. The model has uncountable more ways to ceate a sound than there are presets for a given sampler. If you create a sound from scratch on the model, you will never be able to create the same or even a similar sample based one, because its simply pretty unlikely they made the same and sampled it. And even if they did, they will not have sampled it with the precision it would need to reproduce it, or it would fill your mighty 2 TB hard drive with a single sound...

IMO, if you want real analog sound, samples is the way to go.

Lately, I'm having more "eargasms" :hihi: with real analog samples loaded in simpler (or multisamples in Live's sampler) than va synths, especially in the low end department.

Since I'm not a synth enthusiast / collector, I'm not into feature heavy synths. I'm happy with basic stuff, really.

Samples are limited, but in the end, the output is more important than anything else, IMO.

Now, if you are a synth enthusiast, than Arturia is the way to go.

i prefer maximum tweakability. So i go for arturia.

XorXisT wrote:IMO, if you want real analog sound, samples is the way to go....

IMO, if you want real analog sound, get a real analog synthesizer.

I prefer synth models over samples, so Arturia for me.

felis wrote:
XorXisT wrote:IMO, if you want real analog sound, samples is the way to go....

IMO, if you want real analog sound, get a real analog synthesizer.

I prefer synth models over samples, so Arturia for me.

isn't it the same thing once you record it?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

exmatproton wrote:i prefer maximum tweakability. So i go for arturia.
Good point!

They both have something to offer.

Return to “Instruments”