Spectrasonics sluggish after recent updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m noticing that Omnisphere and trilian GUIs are quite sluggish right now and I think it happened after the latest updates. Knobs turn in a delayed stuttering way, not smooth at all. Presets seem to take longer to load. Kinda stinks all around.

Anyone else notice this?

Hm I didnt notice any of that yesterday when working on a track with 12 omnispheres in it. I automated effects inside Omnis and such. Latest version on Live9 Win7.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Anyone else notice this?
Yes.. But only when i use the new GUI resize function.

jumper24 wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Anyone else notice this?
Yes.. But only when i use the new GUI resize function.
Interesting. It does seem worse when magnified. however I get delayed knob response most often when I click out into the DAW and then back into the Ominsphere GUI. Any adjustment is delayed and then gets better after a couple seconds. True for non-magnified GUI also,

I'm sure this has occurred to you, but have you contacted Spectrasonics support? If it's a buggy release, contact support. You could always also downgrade until it's sorted. You on Mac or Windows? GUI issues seem notoriously platform specific so if you're on Windows update your drivers, if you're on Mac, latest OS?

I felt some slowdowns when switching sounds (after the upgrade). There was a noticeable delay after selecting a sound and being able to play it. It seemed to wait just a little bit before actually starting to load the sound/samples. I know there is some time before a sound is fully loaded, but usually I can start playing right away even before it's completely loaded. But no issues with dialogs/sliders. I'm on Windows 10.

Please report any of these issues to support as it helps us to track down any bugs!

info@spectrasonics.net

Thanks!

-JB

Yes.

Will report ASAP.

I’ve reported.

Ah okay, so I havent even tried the zoom might be that. I need bigger monitor with at least 2560x1440 resolution though :D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

They've always been a bit slow to load and change. I haven't noticed it being any worse though.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:They've always been a bit slow to load and change. I haven't noticed it being any worse though.
They used to start loading right away though and you could usually get a couple notes almost immediately. Now it seems to take longer before even starting to load.

No change on my system.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:No change on my system.
mac or pc?

I know you are asking Ah_Dziz, but I have noticed it on PC but haven't had time to test it much. I'll get back to y'all later.

Return to “Instruments”