One Synth Challenge #109: Fathom Synth by Seaweed Audio (mmGhost wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
progtronic
KVRian
519 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:50 pm

TheNeverScene wrote:...@Progtronic: that's strange, did you get LN6 from Vladg's site or Pirate Bay? :hyper:
IKR?! :D

TheNeverScene
KVRist
450 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Re: One Synth Challenge #109: Fathom Synth by Seaweed Audio (Voting Started!)

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:14 pm

progtronic wrote:
TheNeverScene wrote:...@Progtronic: that's strange, did you get LN6 from Vladg's site or Pirate Bay? :hyper:
IKR?! :D
Ha! Did you try reinstalling your operating system? \m/..\m/

Seriously though, there's no virus so why your set up has gone into Zika mode is beyond me.
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

progtronic
KVRian
519 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Yep.. my system is kinda funky like that. Stuff like this happens from time to time, with absolutely no reasonable explanation.

Maybe it hates: the DAW?.. Win7?!.. Something else running in the background?!!.. Hardware?!!!.. Some combo of all that?!!!!

Dunno.. I generally move on. Plenty of other options. :clown:

TheNeverScene
KVRist
450 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:13 pm

Right on. Mine tends to do the same thing with absolutely no legit reason at random moments. Must be a Windows 7 thing. Keeps it interesting!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

rockingricky
KVRist
70 posts since 18 Jan, 2010 from Germany

Post Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:22 am

Voted!
Good luck to all :clap: and thanks to Everett for letting us torture his baby :o :wink:

asi4
KVRist
84 posts since 22 Mar, 2016

Post Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:30 am

Voted.

Carl_saved
KVRist
109 posts since 17 May, 2013

Post Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:17 pm

I have voted.
Good luck to you all! :tu: :band: :harp: :violin: :phones:

FathomSynth
KVRian
855 posts since 25 Mar, 2017 from Philadelphia, PA, USA

Post Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Yes, many thanks for the torture!

But seriously it's been a huge pleasure to provide the synth for 109. A lot of people have provided their presets so the next release is going to have an incredible new sound bank. Once the voting is done I will be posting all the sound cloud songs on the company web site.

Also, I will be starting work on the Fathom Sampler soon. This will be the sample to end all samplers. So if you have feature requests for this ultimate tool or ideas how you want it to work, post them to the Fathom thread.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... start=1845

] Peter:H [
KVRian
582 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am

Voted.

Please - I think I have missed some of fathoms modules. Where's the "get me back into the 80ties" module? And I think there must be some "oriental mood" module somewhere as well... ;-)

If you could forgive me, but...I think a lot of track miss fairy dust (high freq content) probably Everett needs to adjust the default settings of the oscillators to more than 64 partials ;-) Don't take me wrong. I need lots of bass...but the fairy dust is a necessary ingredience to make the bass "shine".

Again, many many thanks for all your nice comments. I try to return the favour. It's a bit hard for me to put it in words sometimes...hope you don't mind.

What I really learn from your tracks is that music is somehow "synesthesia" for me. Not that I see colors, but I can sometimes immediately catch a mood, see pictures of a situation...that's really nice. Good work you all!

doctorbob
KVRian
1136 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Post Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Thanks for your comments on my track Peter - really appreciated. :tu: Glad some parts of my track managed to pump the bass and raise the goosebumps! :hihi:

You're right about the high freqs you get from many default settings - I had to work hard (in terms of understanding how it all workd) to get the right balance of low/mid/hi freqs into the various patches (64 of them!), in order to get a sonically balanced piece, which also tried to be evocative at the same time as leading you through a gentle (and sometimes not so gentle) musical journey. :phones:

Great tracks from everyone :clap: - and a really rather nice mixture of styles and sound(s). Good luck all.

dB

diasporah7
KVRer
4 posts since 19 Jun, 2010

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:04 am

Voted. So much awesome in the competition good job everyone!

TrojakEW
KVRist
238 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from Slovakia

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:11 am

Voted.

But I'm sure I will go again and review all tracks again. First I had too many 5 pointers there. So I decide to split them, so few tracks (that are for sure 5 pointers) get only 4. So tracks that had been 4 now receive just 3 points and so on. :oops:
Image Image Image Image

doctorbob
KVRian
1136 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:07 pm

TrojakEW wrote:Voted.

But I'm sure I will go again and review all tracks again. First I had too many 5 pointers there. So I decide to split them, so few tracks (that are for sure 5 pointers) get only 4. So tracks that had been 4 now receive just 3 points and so on. :oops:
Me too, my voting sort of went that way too ... I think I left just 2 in the 5 box - but then I still have to re-think my 4's a bit ... very hard this month - a nice sounding synth, so people could really express themselves. :clap:

dB

mmGhost
KVRist
190 posts since 24 Aug, 2009 from CO, USA

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:23 pm

big ups guys, some really nice ones in there this time around. if you want more pointed feedback than my normal caveman comments on SC, hit me up via KVR direct message, or SC messenger. i love talking music.

also, thx for the comments, love readin' 'em.

laterz
Soundcloud | Spotify | YouTube Tutorials
"Just sidechain everything to everything"

H-man
KVRian
638 posts since 26 Dec, 2007 from Australia

Post Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:40 pm

Voted. Best of luck all. :party:

Return to “Instruments”