One Synth Challenge #109: Fathom Synth by Seaweed Audio (mmGhost wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fathom Synth

Voted.
Wow, lots of great tracks. Again I feel the whole standard is raising!
(Hard to vote to)

Anyway, good luck everyone :D

Voted. Great job by a lot. Personal fave was Outline by lokken. It felt so otherworldly, like I was allowed to listen to an alien landscape for 2:41.

Good luck everyone and thanks for the comments!

functionform wrote: ... was Outline by lokken. It felt so otherworldly, like I was allowed to listen to an alien landscape for 2:41.
I agree, there were some wonderful sounds in there perfectly melded together. :tu:
dB

bjporter wrote:Fathom updates and Bug reports here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=482501

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #109! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions will show up here once voting starts:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 109-fathom

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

This is a fun one! "Fathom is a new audio plugin designed for the professional studio. Fully modular signal flow and clear high quality sound. Modulation designed for Electronic Dance Music.", Thanks to DoctorBob, Jasinski, scrubbing monkeys and others for suggesting this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxvEADDwawMv

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Soundemote and Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

A VERY special prize offering from Seaweed Audio:
1st place: Pick one of the following: VPS Avenger, Diva, Lush-101, Serum, Sylenth, or Synmaster Standard;
2nd & 3rd place: $100 towards any software instrument;
1st - 5th: Lifetime updates to Fathom Synth Pro

Synthmorph: Any 1 soundset

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster One

Sonimus : Any one Plugin

Tritik : Echorus (effect plugin)

Soundemote : PrettyScope (beautiful analog oscilloscope), you may choose this as a secondary prize on top of your regular prize.

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music or here : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.

:D After the weekend i’ve had with movers, that pretty much sums it up. Did OSC 109 just start over? If it did, i’m Gonna have to do it from my phone! I wonder if autocorrect will find it’s way into my tunes... :D
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Final Results: mmGhost is the Champion!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1st mmGhost - Analgesia - 155pts

2nd Carl_saved - Provision - 150pts

3rd PeterH - The Kybernetic Gods - 139pts

4th J.Ruegg & H-Man - Mechanical Heart - 139pts

5th Mjr5house - AirTraffic (A Headphone Odyssey) - 138pts

6 Zarf - Earthrise 138 pts
7 TheNeverScene - Morning Resolutions 138 pts
8 Progtronic - The Geometry of R'lyeh 137 pts
9 Jasinski - Hightops and Lowfers 137 pts
10 DoctorBob - Legend of the Fathom Synth 131 pts
11 bh9090 - NW DC 129 pts
12 TrojakEW - Digital World 128 pts
13 Lokken - Outline 127 pts
14 Bblunt Prodcutions - Fat Um 125 pts
15 Frostline - Gauche14 122 pts
16 Generaldiomedes - Fathom the Depths 122 pts
17 functionform - Heartbreak High 118 pts
18 Scrubbing Monkeys - 29 Fat homies 'desert voyage 118 pts
19 574x - Sun Warmed 118 pts
20 marks-a-whybikky - OSC 109Fathom 117 pts
21 lemmike - Utopian Hexagon 115 pts
22 RPH - Hogs in Space 115 pts
23 asi4 - Fading 113 pts
24 Freecham - OrientExpress 112 pts
25 L-Ektrobit - Lonely Beach 108 pts
26 Rockingricky - Drifting away 107 pts
27 Darksynth FX - Come On Spring 105 pts
28 Diasporah7 - Diasporah-Quikflip 104 pts
29 Tj Shredder - Tie Jaz 100 pts
30 JKFlashico - Sunshine Fever 99 pts
31 Kontrollgruppe - Marian 95 pts
32 Liqih - Mourning Reggae 92 pts
33 Aluode - I Can Not Fathom 89 pts
34 hivkornv - Salade De Fruit Lunaire 86 pts
35 Aro - On the Scent 82 pts
36 bryemye - Beat Me Up 78 pts
37 Rktect - Waves - Fathom 78 pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize and specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg (Sales would go to osc/prize pool), and pass it on to the next winner down. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Well done OSCers :clap: :clap: Thank you to Seaweed Audio for an amazing contest :hug: :hug:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 6BNtScdb4/

Awesome top 5!

Take your time picking that top prize mmGhost, cuz those are some hard choices!
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

Congrats top five! Super tough contest this go around.

wowzers, congrats to the top 5, and to the whole lot... there was a lot of really amazing sound design and composition this month. it was a lot of fun to get to use such a powerful instrument this time around, I found the sonic capabilities rather inspiring. Thank you to Everett for making Fathom, and for sponsoring this OSC and supporting the contest and all the participants.

I definitely am humbled, so thank you guys, I'm glad that the music resonated with some of you! Listening to all of your works really inspires me to keep pushing my sound design and composition skills. Big ups to all you guys!

Prize: I can't say no to SERUM!

Me feels very grateful! 3rd place in this tough, competitive round with all your great tracks and my rather unusual track...thanks all.
I've ended up with like 10 fives given to your great tracks, though I'm usually rather cautious to give out fives the other rounds.
This is also fostered by Everetts great Fathom, that is an tremendous enabler. At least I felt this way and had big fun playing with wavetables...sometimes felt like a kid playing and getting into this flow like state forgeting things around. Thanks Everett.

@mmGhost:
1.) I would have picked VPS Avenger if I were you... ;-) But actually I have thought about buying Serum from the price voucher myself ;-)
2.) Please don't forget to chose your "normal" prize and think about the "specify whether or not you give permission to upload your track to our spotify/itunes/etc page run by rghvdberg"...then pass on ;-)

By the way - is this spotify thing only meant for the 1st place winner?

Cheers
] Peter:H [
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats to the winners. :tu:

I was hoping Lokken's track to place higher. It have interesting atmosphere but his person is mysterious same as his track. No words from him during "combat". A silent warrior :P .

Top places as expected but everyone here deserves praise for their work and also thanks to Everett for Fathom. Getting Fathom for 15$ is a win!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :tu:
congrats winner :)

mmGhost wrote:...I can't say no to SERUM!
Grats man! That woulda been my choice as well. :tu:

Congratz top five :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congrats, well deserved! :)

Return to “Instruments”