expDigital
RS-Met
Silverspike
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket ||
Audiomack - SoundCloud - hearthis

KVRer
13 posts since 22 Mar, 2018

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 am

As others have mentioned Camel Audio will be missed. Real shame they sold out to Apple.

AnX
KVRAF
8955 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:20 am

Peter_Wayne wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:16 am
As others have mentioned Camel Audio will be missed. Real shame they sold out to Apple.
good for them tho :tu:

KVRAF
6235 posts since 28 Apr, 2013

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:30 am

Not dead hopefully, but dropped out of sight...
Boris.

Banned
10240 posts since 12 Mar, 2012 from the Bavarian Alps to my feet and the globe around my head

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 am

What happened to @xoxos, Rurik Leffanta?

Last post in August last year, then nothing more... :?:

His mother died several years ago but his father Rico Leffanta seems to be still alive and making photos and some poetry...
Tricky-Loops has left KVR because of erratic moderators. Thanks for all amazing people who helped me and were good to me. Good luck!

KVRist
105 posts since 20 Aug, 2003 from Durham, NC

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm

Elektrostudio
Kjaerhus
Land of Cockaigne
Synthefellow
Variety of Sound

KVRAF
6213 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Artificial Audio. Obelisk is still one of my favorite effects ever and I’d love to see him revive it and develop more plugins

KVRAF
21230 posts since 7 Jan, 2009 from Croatia

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 am

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:45 am
One of the developers I miss the most is Antti Huovilainen ( of A synth fame ..smartelectronix)
He really started all the filter modelling back in the day , Antti and vadim zavalishin are the true pioneers in dsp dev.
I think he now works for sonic core , not sure about
Antti is alive and well and works here: https://www.hefio.com/team
v1o wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:49 am
And the creator of SQ8L it’s a shame that the mysterious creator of this plugin never got around to finishing it. It’s one of those rare examples of a hardware perfect emulation.
He didn't really nail the filter, so it's not exactly perfect.

I bet Arturia will jump on emulating SQ-80 at some point...
kgdrum wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:07 pm
The late GREAT Stephen Howell aka Hollow Sun is a developer whose skills,talent,enthusiasm and humor I truly miss.
Thankfully his website and store still operate,Mario aka Evil Dragon was his partner so I suspect he helps keep it running. :clap:
http://www.hollowsun.com/
Indeed I really miss Steve :(

And yes, keeping the website afloat so that at least something trickles in for his wife and daughter. Not doing any marketing whatsoever, yet sales still come in purely by word of mouth... it's kinda amazing.

I hope to some day spend some time and upgrade the most successful HS libraries to Kontakt 6 (maybe even Kontakt Player), with NKS and all... early days, though.

v1o
KVRAF
2711 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:04 am

^ Yeah an Arturia SQ-80 would be just be great and the only thing that would convince me to upgrade.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:17 am

...provided they actually nail it. If they don't consult with Rainer Buchty, they will miss the point.

KVRian
870 posts since 2 Jul, 2018

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:35 am

mduke123 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:13 am
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:17 am
mduke123 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:05 am
v1o wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:56 am
hardwired wrote:
e-modic wrote:Michael Kleps - ReFX

~14 years ago Michael Kleps developed Xphraze, QuadraSID, Vanguard etc. Xphraze was a masterpiece. Just imagine what this guy would have developed these days. He had outstanding creativity. I know reFX still updates Nexus a Rompler but unfortunately no new procucts for ages.
He's very much alive. Name is now Michael Hartmann. Guess he got married and took her last name or something. Can't remember how that went.

Anyway, with how little that's been done since others have left Refx, maybe Michael Kleps isn't the coder many thought and perhaps rather an employer of coders. Not sure either way
Aren’t REFX responsible for coding Vengeance Avenger?
Michael Hartmann is the developer of Nexus 3 and 2 so he is still alive and kicking. Avenger has been developed by a company called Keilwerth Audio together with Manuel Schleis as sound designer. Manuel is also the main sound designer for Nexus.

You can see Manuel and Michael talking and playing in this video 14:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HluJJ_2Trd8
He started tone 2 and indeed changed his name
Iirc he coded , vanguard , plasticz
I loved Xphraze so much, loved Vanguard (I still have an image of it as my background screen) and I love Avenger. I guess it´s a combination of design and sound. Would I love also Nexus? mmmm don´t think so.
Before rumors with missinformation are distributed I'll clear things up:
Michael Kleps/Hartmann (reFX) and Manuel Schleis (reFX, Vengeance) are not related to Tone2.
Michael is alive and lives in Canada now. He changed his last-name from Kleps to Hartmann because he got married.

I developed the audio-engines and created most factory-sounds for reFX Vanguard, reFX PlastiCZ, reFX Slayer, reFX JunoX (Markus Krause, Tone2). I received license-payments from reFX for this. I never have been responsible for the business or support-side of reFX.
I founded Tone2 after Michael secretly had started on Nexus with Vengeance.
None of the Tone2 synths was developed by Michael Hartmann/Kleps. They were all done by me.
Tone2 Audiosoftware https://www.tone2.com

KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:52 am

knobcore wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:21 am
MadGav wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:54 am
VAZ may be dead, but you’ve not got rid of me yet! I now occasionally dabble with utilities to work with hardware samplers.

I hear from Dennis (Spin audio, post that 2C audio) every Christmas, and Antti H is an FB friend and visible in sampler circles.
any reason why you haven't open sourced vaz?
Do you think anyone out there would like to deal with 32-bit Delphi and all DSP code done in straight assembler? :hyper:

KVRAF
3907 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:52 am

EvilDragon wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:28 am
Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:45 am
One of the developers I miss the most is Antti Huovilainen ( of A synth fame ..smartelectronix)
He really started all the filter modelling back in the day , Antti and vadim zavalishin are the true pioneers in dsp dev.
I think he now works for sonic core , not sure about
Antti is alive and well and works here: https://www.hefio.com/team
v1o wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:49 am
And the creator of SQ8L it’s a shame that the mysterious creator of this plugin never got around to finishing it. It’s one of those rare examples of a hardware perfect emulation.
He didn't really nail the filter, so it's not exactly perfect.

I bet Arturia will jump on emulating SQ-80 at some point...
kgdrum wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:07 pm
The late GREAT Stephen Howell aka Hollow Sun is a developer whose skills,talent,enthusiasm and humor I truly miss.
Thankfully his website and store still operate,Mario aka Evil Dragon was his partner so I suspect he helps keep it running. :clap:
http://www.hollowsun.com/
Indeed I really miss Steve :(

And yes, keeping the website afloat so that at least something trickles in for his wife and daughter. Not doing any marketing whatsoever, yet sales still come in purely by word of mouth... it's kinda amazing.

I hope to some day spend some time and upgrade the most successful HS libraries to Kontakt 6 (maybe even Kontakt Player), with NKS and all... early days, though.
I know antti is alive , but he's not doing plugins anymore
I interpreted dead developers as either dead or not active anymore
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KVRAF

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:54 am

Ah right. Yeah.

KVRAF
3365 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:00 am

I assumed it meant dead as non-active otherwise this is a bizarrely morbid thread

Return to “Instruments”