Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
Taron
KVRAF
2197 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:41 am

Ugh, I'm trying your latest version right now! Try putting something like OTT behind an instance of Crust to check its behavior after the sound should've ended! Seems like it's still outputting wave data! Be careful with this!

GOOD NEWS, though, because the filter envelope release works fine now! In version 0.7.5 it didn't work for me, but now it does! :tu:

urlwolf
KVRian
557 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Any chance this could compile on linux one day? If it's too much to ask, I undrerstand.
It's an amazing synth. Now that xhip also compiles on linux, I'm more hopeful more good synths will appear.

urlwolf
KVRian
557 posts since 23 Dec, 2002

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Any chance this could compile on linux one day? If it's too much to ask, I understand.
It's an amazing synth. Now that xhip also compiles on linux, I'm more hopeful more good synths will appear.

1eqinfinity
KVRist
201 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:52 pm

@urlwolf: actually I have no idea if it is too much to ask. I can only tell that at this moment unfortunately I simply don't have time to figure out this thing.

Tj Shredder
KVRian
1263 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:56 am

@1eqinfinity: Eugene, I have another request for Crust. I don't know how hard it would be, but if you assign voices according to midi channels and route pitch bend and controller messages just to the voice with the same channel, I would have the perfect synth for my MPE midi controller. And I am not alone, more and more synthesists get expressive controllers, the cheapest would be a Seaboard Block, but there are way better ones out there like my LinnStrument...

All the best...

1eqinfinity
KVRist

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:40 am

Tj Shredder wrote:@1eqinfinity: Eugene, I have another request for Crust. I don't know how hard it would be, but if you assign voices according to midi channels and route pitch bend and controller messages just to the voice with the same channel, I would have the perfect synth for my MPE midi controller. And I am not alone, more and more synthesists get expressive controllers, the cheapest would be a Seaboard Block, but there are way better ones out there like my LinnStrument...

All the best...
That would require quite some work ;) However, I do want to add per-key aftertouch at some point.

1eqinfinity
KVRist

Crust v0.7.8

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:09 am

Hi there!
v 0.7.8: https://yadi.sk/d/hSoDCosq3U3QNF
The new release has a couple of things which I'm exited about.
Firstly, the filters have drive now. You can do wild stuff with that. Different filter models have different drive characters. Secondly, formant filter has the "size" control, and now can be used as a weird filter for bass, percussion and textures.
I'll make a short overview video tomorrow.

NB: some antiviruses say there's a bitcoin miner in x86 vst2 windows build. That's false positive, however I decided that for now this dll should be in a separate archive. If you know a nice bitcoin miner that I can add to my products and stay completely undetected, contact me.
Last edited by 1eqinfinity on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

progtronic
KVRian
519 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Re: Crust v0.7.8

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:13 am

1eqinfinity wrote:...If you know a nice bitcoin miner that I can add to my products and stay completely undetected, contact me.
:lol: :tu:

Julien Unison
KVRist
337 posts since 9 Oct, 2006

Re: Crust v0.7.8

Post Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 am

progtronic wrote:
1eqinfinity wrote:...If you know a nice bitcoin miner that I can add to my products and stay completely undetected, contact me.
:lol: :tu:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
U N I S O N : shoegaze / electronic / black metal wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

1eqinfinity
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:55 am

Next time I will not write anything overly optimistic like "tomorrow I'll make an overview video"

https://youtu.be/uahdoVcghok

wakax
KVRAF
1776 posts since 22 Mar, 2002 from Timisoara, Romania

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:00 am

fabulous contraption:)
please start to add some starting patches and
maybe a pdf docu...?!
thanks!!!!

generaldiomedes
KVRian
502 posts since 15 Apr, 2017 from Canada

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:14 am

I think some patches could be culled from the latest OSC, but unfortunately a lot of the sound comes from automation.

Macro knobs similar to Massive would be a great addition to crust but then it might have to become a paid product :)

1eqinfinity
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:30 am

generaldiomedes wrote:Macro knobs similar to Massive would be a great addition to crust but then it might have to become a paid product :)
I reeeally want to add those things but still wraping my head around the GUI. Massive's GUI is brilliant when it comes to modulation, and it seems like I will have to rip that off! Seems like there's just no different solution that is even nearly as slick as Massive's one.

1eqinfinity
KVRist

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:33 am

wakax wrote:fabulous contraption:)
please start to add some starting patches and
maybe a pdf docu...?!
thanks!!!!
I don't really see the reason to write docs for the product that is not feature-complete and will likely have many parts changed. As I understand, the biggest confusion is the middle section with amplitude modulation. This is the thing that I want to change dramatically, because I feel like I need a manual too whenever I do something with AM :)

Ah_Dziz
KVRAF
2341 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:43 am

Tj Shredder wrote:@1eqinfinity: Eugene, I have another request for Crust. I don't know how hard it would be, but if you assign voices according to midi channels and route pitch bend and controller messages just to the voice with the same channel, I would have the perfect synth for my MPE midi controller. And I am not alone, more and more synthesists get expressive controllers, the cheapest would be a Seaboard Block, but there are way better ones out there like my LinnStrument...

All the best...
I found you're really into MPE (I sure am), then grabbing plogue or one of the other modular subhosts out there would be a great buy. I can now MPE pretty much any vst I want with a miniscule setup time.

I'm actually gonna set up crust in there later today along with a top secret beta I have that also has MPE support. Should be fun. But definitely grab a demo of one of the more flexible modular subhosts (runs as a plugin, and also hosts other plugins)

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”