TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

It's at version one already. Actually: beta v 1.0.1 to be precise.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Well yeah. But im sure you'll be able to buy it at pib soon
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

PatchAdamz wrote:
Julien Unison wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:Love this thing, great for deeper programming.

An Atmosphere for Tal-Mod (single preset):

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... or-tal-mod
Wow ! I guess that a new river of diamonds is in preparation under your fingers, ZaK !
:love:
Im ready for it too ! :love:

Thanks guys!

Here is another one..

This presets really takes advantage to Tal-Mods advanced modulation capabilities.
All the mod envelopes are set to control multiple filters uniquely to allow for some complex tonal motion.

The mod wheel is controlling the upward bends that sound like note changes so actually this is mostly just a single note.
Tal-Mods modulation routing does allow for some interesting sounds.

When the FX get modulated that will be powerful. :)

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... or-tal-mod
These presets make me want to get the synth, sounds great.

i found a bug : i have to set the number of step of the sequencer every time i open a project (it s on the max value) , OSX , cubase pro 9.5

I would love to see the sequencer go slower then 1/4
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

another bug .
When reloading a project , the sequencer is always set to speed
1/8
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

fluffy_little_something wrote:I stumbled upon something that sounds odd to me.
When using only one voice, i.e. monophonic, there are ugly initial low-frequency click sounds that are not there in Sylenth1 for instance:
https://app.box.com/s/v81nyl8lbw8wbokm6vbm7zig2hpn1kx2
I did not have the attacks set to zero, in case you suggest that :wink: You can hear them well when turning down the cutoff frequency...

It might be a voice stealing issue as it disappears as I add more voices.
Not sure if someone already found out why this problem exists. Didn't read the whole thread. Always make a support request for odd things as fluffy_litte_something did to be sure that we get it :)
It took me some time to find the "issue". It also happen when you use a rectangle LFO and modulate the filter 1.

After some research i found out that this is a normal behaviour under these conditions:

- Filter in serial mode.
- Play a sound > 1000Hz (example) with ritch harmonics (saw, pulse...)
- Filter 1 with rectangle LFO that modulates the cutoff and goes down to 0 Hz or below 1000Hz (huge range).
- Filter 2 with a cutoff a bit higher 1000Hz that filters out some harmonics of the sound. Or choose 200Hz to filter out the whole sound to get an extreme effect where you only hear the pops.

Now you can hear that low frequency pop sounds at the transition points. Especially when the filter closes (from 20000Hz to 0Hz for example). This is because the filter needs some time to make the frequency jump. What you hear is some type of fast filter sweep from 20000Hz to 0Hz. This is totally natural.

The solution is easy. Just switch the filters and filter the high frequncy with the first one and do the filter modulations (evelope, rect LFO) with the second filter.
TAL Software GmbH
https://tal-software.com/

ToguAudioLine wrote: The solution is easy. Just switch the filters and filter the high frequncy with the first one and do the filter modulations (evelope, rect LFO) with the second filter.
Thanks for chiming in with this valuable bit of info, SIR! :hug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I would prefer the maximum attack and release time of the ENVs to be longer.
And a LATCH button for the ARP/SEQ.
The DELAY FBK could be more "sensible" in the lower range (at 2/3 it's buildiung up high FB already).
The TIME knob beeing smoothed (like varying a tape delay) would be nice.
And a position pointer in the MOD ENV.
:)
ImageImage

Huge fan of TAL. This is going to be another classic. I wish it were possible to sidechain external audio. That would be amazing.

WOK wrote:I would prefer the maximum attack and release time of the ENVs to be longer.
The DELAY FBK could be more "sensible" in the lower range (at 2/3 it's buildiung up high FB already).
The attack seems long enough, the release seems shorter, but long enough as well. What I like less is the scaling/resolution of the envelopes where it matters most to me. A tiny slider movement leads to huge changes in the times.

What do you mean by position pointer?
"Mod ADSR" or "Filter ADSR" instead of just "ADSR" would be better, though.

ToguAudioLine wrote:It took me some time to find the "issue". It also happen when you use a rectangle LFO and modulate the filter 1.

After some research i found out that this is a normal behaviour under these conditions:

- Filter in serial mode.
- Play a sound > 1000Hz (example) with ritch harmonics (saw, pulse...)
- Filter 1 with rectangle LFO that modulates the cutoff and goes down to 0 Hz or below 1000Hz (huge range).
- Filter 2 with a cutoff a bit higher 1000Hz that filters out some harmonics of the sound. Or choose 200Hz to filter out the whole sound to get an extreme effect where you only hear the pops.

Now you can hear that low frequency pop sounds at the transition points. Especially when the filter closes (from 20000Hz to 0Hz for example). This is because the filter needs some time to make the frequency jump. What you hear is some type of fast filter sweep from 20000Hz to 0Hz. This is totally natural.

The solution is easy. Just switch the filters and filter the high frequncy with the first one and do the filter modulations (evelope, rect LFO) with the second filter.
Not sure I understand your explanation. But it results from the dual filter architecture, right?
In serial mode there are three cutoff knobs involved since one can't just bypass either filter. Maybe adding a Bypass option in the filter mode drop-down menu would help. Oops, forget it, that's what the parallel mode is for... 8)

Just loaded that patch again and tested stuff.
I still think it has to do with the envelopes or voice stealing as I had originally suspected. From my patch, when I reduce the filter env attack to zero, oddly the clicks go away. With other synths it is the other way round :hihi:
When the filter env attack is slower than the amp env attack, many synths make the typical synth brass bump, but it seems to be something different.
And as I said earlier, it goes away when I add more voices. With two voices it is still there, but more rarely. With 4 voices I no longer hear the clicks.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

So is there a way to have a different mono retrigger setting?
It seems some synths do it different or offer 2 ways if i use presets with velocity sensitive events.
F.e. i have the filter cutoff assigned to be controlled by velocity and i want to hot a soft value and hold the note and then trigger a new note with higher velocity etc.
If i now hit the first note with a velocity of 20 and the second to 110 or so to open the filter, when i release the second note and the first get retriggered now it seems to have also a velocity of 110 instead of 20.
It seems that synths have either this or the other option and seldom both.
Is there a way to have a choice or is it fixed always?

Cinebient wrote:So is there a way to have a different mono retrigger setting?
It seems some synths do it different or offer 2 ways if i use presets with velocity sensitive events.
F.e. i have the filter cutoff assigned to be controlled by velocity and i want to hot a soft value and hold the note and then trigger a new note with higher velocity etc.
If i now hit the first note with a velocity of 20 and the second to 110 or so to open the filter, when i release the second note and the first get retriggered now it seems to have also a velocity of 110 instead of 20.
It seems that synths have either this or the other option and seldom both.
Is there a way to have a choice or is it fixed always?
I actually like it the way it is in Mod. It sounds more natural than the huge cutoff jumps between two consecutive notes caused by vastly different velocity values on other synths.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
WOK wrote:I would prefer the maximum attack and release time of the ENVs to be longer.
The attack seems long enough, the release seems shorter, but long enough as well. What I like less is the scaling/resolution of the envelopes where it matters most to me. A tiny slider movement leads to huge changes in the times.

What do you mean by position pointer?
"Mod ADSR" or "Filter ADSR" instead of just "ADSR" would be better, though.
I mentioned a few days ago to Tal that the scale of the Decay ( the graphic UI component/slider) could be enhanced so that it's easier to find the sweet spot for medium decay settings without using fine tuning. According to the answer, they'll see what they can do. Very responsive people. Other EG segments are easier to work with afai'm concerned.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Return to “Instruments”