Post Wed May 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Great presets. Brings a new dimension to TAL-Mod. :tu:
Making music is a nine-to-five job:
From 9 PM to 5 AM.
Go MuLab!

BlackWinny
KVRAF
3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

Post Wed May 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Instant purchased as usual. A soundset highly inspirational for dream music !
:love:

I'm eager to get Laurent's soundset also !
:hyper:

Zak, Laurent, and Frank, you make a fantastic job to get and show the best from this wonderful modular synth.

A true moment of pleasure marked by a white stone (those who know the Tibetan, Chinese and Japanese traditions will understand) on the path of this year.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Sparky77
KVRian
822 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Post Wed May 02, 2018 5:30 pm

BlackWinny wrote:
Excellent presets, agree, very inspirational.
+1
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Lotuzia
KVRAF
9697 posts since 19 Feb, 2004 from Paris

Post Thu May 03, 2018 2:37 am

BlackWinny wrote:

I'm eager to get Laurent's soundset also !
:hyper:

Zak, Laurent, and Frank, you make a fantastic job to get and show the best from this wonderful modular synth.

A true moment of pleasure marked by a white stone (those who know the Tibetan, Chinese and Japanese traditions will understand) on the path of this year.
My presets ( like aone hundred iirc) demoed above should be included in TAL-Mod factory library rather soon according to Togu Audio Software :)

Note : I might do a -commercial- add-on bank later. Already have some material for that. But I'm very slow at making presets, so it will take more/less time.

But anyway, atm what matters is that my factory presets will be free for all users.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

planz
KVRer
18 posts since 15 Nov, 2016 from my room

Post Thu May 03, 2018 2:52 am

Lotuzia wrote:
My presets ( like aone hundred iirc) demoed above should be included in TAL-Mod factory library rather soon according to Togu Audio Software :)
Great! :tu:

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Thu May 03, 2018 10:44 am

Soon (or already ? I did not install the last update yet) in your TAL-Mod

TAL-Mod Factory 3 Lotuzia

A few more experimental/complex sounds in this one. Still the 4th, and last one, to come 8)

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

PatchAdamz
KVRAF
4245 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Thu May 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Julien Unison wrote:
AnX wrote:Oooh, battle of the preset makers :hihi:
It's a totally good and creative thing, go on ! :love:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwmd_mY ... e=youtu.be
These are now available-HERE

PatchAdamz
KVRAF
4245 posts since 13 Nov, 2012

Post Thu May 03, 2018 1:20 pm

One note for clarity:

We have updated the audio, video and most importantly, the intro discounted price is now displayed so no discount code is necessary.

Here is the updated Audio/Video and intro price.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF
12015 posts since 5 Jun, 2012 from Portugal

Post Fri May 04, 2018 9:32 am

Lotuzia's patches sound more musical to me, maybe because they are meant for other genres. (I think I even noticed an EWF bass line in the audio 8) )

The thing with Mod is that the unique, modular sounds it makes are not very musical to me, more like sound effects, while the more musical patches might just as well be made on another standard subtractive synth.

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Sat May 05, 2018 3:57 am

Soon in your TAL-Mod.
4th, and last, audio demo of my factory presets for TAL-Mod

TAL-Mod Factory 4 Lotuzia

And for those who might play my factory presets someday, don't forget to use the mod wheel and the pitch bend to see what they do. Sometimes you'll find rather unusual real time controls, including on the pitch bend (ie not obligatory ... pitch bend)

Next demos will probably cover the sounds of an add-on soundset I'm -slowly- beginning to create.

JerGoertz
KVRAF
2086 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Sun May 06, 2018 3:05 pm

Someone bump the thread when these presets have been incorporated into the factory bank. :love:
A well-behaved signature.

euanek
KVRist
31 posts since 30 Mar, 2014

Post Mon May 07, 2018 4:49 pm

How do people feel this sounds compares to TAL U NO LX? In terms of covering that 80s Roland sound.

BlackWinny
KVRAF
3500 posts since 17 Jun, 2013 from very close to Paris, France

Post Tue May 08, 2018 3:01 am

Simply different.

With TAL-Mod I get some sounds I can get from TAL-U-NO-LX, but not everything, far from it ! And TAL-Mod can provide sounds which are also totally different that I can't get and will never get from TAL-U-NO-LX.

So I'm very happy to have both.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Lotuzia
KVRAF

Post Tue May 08, 2018 10:42 am

euanek wrote:How do people feel this sounds compares to TAL U NO LX? In terms of covering that 80s Roland sound.
Tal-mod is much more versatile than the U NO LX. As I have a real Juno 60, I had few interest into the unoLx.

Roland 80s sound can go from the Jupiter 8 to the JX series, then D50 and D/U series, also including popular units like the TB-303 etc. So it's quite a broad sonic range, and no synth can cover everything in this range.

All in all Tal-mod is a nice VA, with nice oscillators + some Rolandish filter(s) , and lots of possibilities due to the modern features. So you can create some vintage patches, as well as explore some more modern territories. For the topology, you'll also find the HPF filter, that you can configure on the first or second filter, or simply by using the one in the Fx section. Often found on Roland units as well.

mholloway
KVRian
956 posts since 11 Jan, 2009 from Portland, OR, USA

Post Tue May 08, 2018 10:58 am

No idea why, but graphic performance of the cables in Renoise (V3, current version) is very bad compared to how it runs in Ableton and Bitwig. The cable animations are very slow and chunky in Renoise, whereas they are smoother in Live and Bitwig (just based on simple testing here on my system).
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER

Return to “Instruments”