TAL Mod

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Mod The Shining Stars Soundset

PatchAdamz wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:13 am Personally, I think Tal-Mod is an underrated synth.
It has so much character and possibilities sonically.
Here are some audio examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOLBqtm ... e=youtu.be
Its great to hear examples of synths from different perspectives, especially in a synth forum.
Thanks for posting!

perpetual3 wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:13 pm
fluffy_little_something wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:05 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:30 pm Latest version 1.3.2
Osc 3 has a new place on the gui , awfully mis alignment/placement
I already contacted patrick , it's just a matter of swapping osc3 with value read out box
This looks verrry unprofessional

How it should be

In that case the cables would hang all over the display...

Plus, osc 3 seems to be more limited than oscillators 1 and 2, so setting it slightly apart is ok in my view.

The more central location of the display is better now as the eyes don't have to wander that much.
Good point.
Yes, thanks for the information.

I have rebuild the roland cloud juno106 and sh-101 in junoLX and bassline and have realy great results.
Now I want to rebuild the other roland cloud synths sh-2, promars, jupiter and jx-3p in tal mod. The basic sound comes very close but my problem is how to build the lfo mod. Like in sh-2 or bassline the lfo is modulating the tune. On Tal mod i can only mod the freq, so I get very different results. Does anyone know how I have to use the lfo for filter and osc modulation - to come as close as the roland cloud sh-2 and promars ?

For example, can anyone rebuild the Roland Sh-2 factory Preset: BS LFO Reso BS with TAL - Mod. With Tal bassline i come very close, but with TAL mod, I can't get the lfo on the OSC sounding like in the roland plugout. On my Tal Mod the LFO changes the frequqncy and on SH-2 the modultion affects the intensity of the square LFO.

TAL makes very good synths!

My wish is for grungy Wavetable oscillators. This is the only plugin that has some of the magic of my MicrowaveXT. Most wavetable synths sounds sharp and edgy. I'm tired of waiting for a decent MicrowaveXT vst, this could be it. Nave sounds too trebly in comparison and it didn't have that orange skin 8)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

crystalmsc wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:30 am My wish is for grungy Wavetable oscillators. This is the only plugin that has some of the magic of my MicrowaveXT. Most wavetable synths sounds sharp and edgy. I'm tired of waiting for a decent MicrowaveXT vst, this could be it. Nave sounds too trebly in comparison and it didn't have that orange skin 8)
I find Hive 2.0 to NOT be sharp and edgy if you're looking for another soft synth. Dune 3 is a runner up on that front (to my ears).

While we're pipe dreaming: here are mine, which i haven't sent Patrick because i have faith in him and his products (and to be honest, they are already absolutely great as they are)... and probably one or two of those surely have already been sent to him if he didn't already have those (or other) ideas himself and maybe simply didn't include them as they didn't fit his vision of his product(s)

1. (Multi stage) undo
2. ability to remove fixed amp routing from all oscillators to envelope 1 curve so you can assign each to any envelope you want
3. A second version of Portamento that is affected by it's Arp/sequencer's play
4. modulation “mute“ (disable) button on the l/h side of each modulation knob (opposite to the respective modulation delete button) - make those muted modulation boxes appear red or so on the synth's GUI
5. audio in
6. 2 additional Mod Envelopes
7. Step Mode of the Mod Envelopes also available als unipolar
8. MIDI out for Arp and sequencer
9. all features of TAL Bassline 101's step sequencer, incl. step recording, more steps, MIDI drag & drop to host
10. more LFO parameters available as modulation targets (LFO waveform selection in particular)
11. Replace the „hard sync“ pushbuttons with „sync knobs“ enabling sync from 0-100%
12. Oscillator selection switchable to smooth morph between waveforms instead of just rastered switch positions
13. sync and waveform morph (both addressed in the 2 points above) should be modulating targets
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Hi guys!!

Is there anybody has a problem with automation Tal-MOD in Cubase 10? I make some notes-events, make simple automation of, for example, Cutoff. And when playback starts, the cursor freezes at the beginning of automation, playback continues with drop outs, and then jumps to the end of automation.
There is no problem with another vsti synths (massive, serum....)

Maybe download the latest update 1.2.2
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Hmm... Isn't the latest update 1.4.0 ?
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 pm Hmm... Isn't the latest update 1.4.0 ?

Not sure what it was two months ago.

Ah yes, exact. Last time I downloaded TAL-Mod was on May 29th when I came back from my very long stay (more than 6 months) at the hospital, and it was the 1.4.2, yes.
Not sure what it was two months ago.
Watching in the zip file of the version 1.4.2 I see that it was released on the 16th of April. So two months ago it was this one. 1.4.2.

And I see that 1.2.2 was released in October 2018. Since that day there has been a good number of other releases, reading the change log.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

Must have been a typo from my side .

Triplet and dotted in sequencer are still mixed up :lol:

Still my favourite workhorse synthie :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:44 pm Must have been a typo from my side .
Yes, probably, as there was only 1 character differing.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:44 pm Still my favourite workhorse synthie :tu:
I would have said the same... I moderate it a bit in my mind just because I have also two (in fact three) other workhorses that I would place at the same level (notably from Xils, their PolyKB III and their Xils-4). So for me these three synths (Tal-Mod, PolyKB III, Xils-4) are those that I would never leave for all the gold of the world. And it is funny that in my mind the fourth that I would as well never leave for all the gold of the world is... TAL-U-NO-LX :D , putting Xils and TAL at a perfect equality at the top of my favorites. I could hardly imagine my life of today without these four synths.

All the Korg KLC and VirtualCZ (wonderful for pads!) and the two major synths from DiscoDSP (Discovery Pro and Corona) come immediately behind. And (again from Xils) Oxium and miniSyn'X. And I don't forget all the collection of synths from Björn (Full Bucket Music) that I also very intensively use with their incredible professional quality.

All these synths above represent almost 90% of all the things I do with my software setup, notwithstanding all my quite big software collection. I could leave almost all my software collection but NEVER the first four above.

And I also use four hardware synths (all are vintage, one of them is even an old paraphonic string-machine from 1981, a Moog Opus-3, which makes incredible pads), but it's another story...
:D

I’m listening to the VintageSynthPads demos and the character reminds me a lot of the Curtis chip based DSI synths, like the Prophet 08. Makes me wish it had the mod sequencer.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”