Native Access

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've not been able to download a single Kontakt pack without it spitting out a download error message (small updates seem OK though). What I've been forced to do is launch Wireshark, with it listening to http packets with '.iso' in the message, start and then a few seconds later cancel the download in Native Access which dumps the direct link to the .iso / installer into Wireshark, which I then copy into a 'proper' download manager.

EvilDragon wrote: There's a workaround now that you can pause downloads. I can only speak from Windows perspective. Start your download and pause it. Now go to C: drive and show hidden files, you will see a hidden folder with "ni" in its name. Inside it you will find a "metalink" file, open it in Notepad. At the end of it is the download link, which you copy and paste in your browser. Cancel download from NA, close NA, download via browser, mount ISO, install.
Thank you, ED!

Nice, that's much easier than my method !

EvilDragon wrote:
Steve1974 wrote:I haven't had any issues with Native Access, but it's a shame that NI doesn't allow to download separate installers.
There's a workaround now that you can pause downloads. I can only speak from Windows perspective. Start your download and pause it. Now go to C: drive and show hidden files, you will see a hidden folder with "ni" in its name. Inside it you will find a "metalink" file, open it in Notepad. At the end of it is the download link, which you copy and paste in your browser. Cancel download from NA, close NA, download via browser, mount ISO, install.
You sure? I get a 403 forbidden error when trying to download directly with the browser...

EDIT: it works! I wasn't copying the whole url, including parameters.

Thanks for this hack, so glad to have the updater to use it offline!

- Mario

No issues for me under W10. W7 required a framework update for installation to complete and then everything worked smoothly.
EvilDragon wrote:
Steve1974 wrote:I haven't had any issues with Native Access, but it's a shame that NI doesn't allow to download separate installers.
There's a workaround now that you can pause downloads. I can only speak from Windows perspective. Start your download and pause it. Now go to C: drive and show hidden files, you will see a hidden folder with "ni" in its name. Inside it you will find a "metalink" file, open it in Notepad. At the end of it is the download link, which you copy and paste in your browser. Cancel download from NA, close NA, download via browser, mount ISO, install.
Thanks for that. :)

Unaspected wrote:No issues for me under W10. W7 required a framework update for installation to complete and then everything worked smoothly.
EvilDragon wrote:
Thanks for that. :)
On Mac it's even easier - the installation creates an iso on the desktop - just pause it and copy the installer from the iso to a seperate location.

Yeah but you then have to time the pausing right around download completion, which is kinda... tricky. It's safer to go with the dedicated link.

Native Access is the sole reason I sold Komplete Ultimate. Been using the 'work-around' from its beginning starting with the .to and then the metalink method. No pause available and each time I would have to use the prescribed forced shutdown via task manager. Having to do this for each product and each update is a regular PITA. The biggest problem is that NI removed any current download from account. Which was the only consistent method they had.

Thing is, after being without it for some time I now can see how much time it was robbing me of.
Good products just not worth the time. And Access, more than anything else, is the biggest waste of it.

well, at some point you gotta ask yourself, "Is it really worth all the plugin manager BS to make a stinkin song?"

installer-less plugins....drop a dll in a folder AND GO. :love:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

EvilDragon wrote:
Cheers :tu:

layzer wrote:well, at some point you gotta ask yourself, "Is it really worth all the plugin manager BS to make a stinkin song?"

Well, yeah... the fewest companies really provide installer less installations though, so, in most cases you won't have that choice anyway.

And, I'd even argue that, for most people, an installer will be the right thing anyway.
Last edited by chk071 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Its great. Haven't had issues with it so far on my Mac based system.
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

layzer wrote:well, at some point you gotta ask yourself, "Is it really worth all the plugin manager BS to make a stinkin song?"

Going to a website to check if a file has been updated? Downloading a file if it has? Navigating to a folder just so I can drop that file there?

Is this the 80's? That's too much work, its much easier to get some bit of software to do it all for you.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

...if it works...never did here.

whyterabbyt wrote:Going to a website to check if a file has been updated? Downloading a file if it has? Navigating to a folder just so I can drop that file there?

Is this the 80's? That's too much work, its much easier to get some bit of software to do it all for you.
if you dont own 500 plugins, going to a site to check for an update is hardly any work for even 2018. and if you cant browse to a folder to install
a synth dll on your daw, sell your computer now , you incompetent F.
just admit it, installers/plugin managers suck. :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”