Why no Moog Source VSTi?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Those membrane buttons were a good idea...
You're joking, obviously.

I dont know anyone who has a synth with those that hasnt had to replace them at least once. They are a nightmare.
Yeah, Casio CZs had them too - they were indeed a nightmare! Best to apply some heavy clear tape over them before the "membrane" disintegrated from use and age!

I remember Devo saying the membrane buttons on the Sources freaked out under the hot lights on the New Traditionalist tour.

But the Prodigy was a dirty little bitch, and I loved it! It was a wonderful player's synth that seemed rude and loud and in-your-face - like a punk synth! I originally had a SC Pro-One with the power supply mounted on the circuit board (great idea SC!) that snapped-off, so I had to return it and take a Prodigy, and I'm so glad I did, even though the Prodigy lacked many of the P1's fancier features. That osc-sync was so much fun in a live setting!

To me, the Source was the poster child for, "Meh". Clean and proper, and DULL!!!

Halonmusic wrote: Don't get me wrong, im not saying Moog synths sound bad or anything. In fact they do sound good, it's just that they sound a bit 'same-y' to me.
I hear you, but I think that of pretty much every manufacturer from that period, Sequential, Oberheim, Roland, Arp etc. They all have a signature sound. Personally I liked the Oberheim and Moog 'sound' the best. :shrug:

machinesworking wrote:
Halonmusic wrote: Don't get me wrong, im not saying Moog synths sound bad or anything. In fact they do sound good, it's just that they sound a bit 'same-y' to me.
I hear you, but I think that of pretty much every manufacturer from that period, Sequential, Oberheim, Roland, Arp etc. They all have a signature sound. Personally I liked the Oberheim and Moog 'sound' the best. :shrug:
Yes that is true.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

machinesworking wrote:Personally I liked the Oberheim and Moog 'sound' the best. :shrug:
Me too. :tu:

Hmm... I agree, but I would not limit that list to only two brands. From that era I would add SCI Prophet-5, some Roland synths and some Yamaha synths (CS-series notably), to put in a list of the most sounding synths having an incredible specific signature.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Return to “Instruments”