Dream soft synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinebient wrote:Indeed nice bass sound.
But for me a Moog just start to be fun at the audio rate stuff and raw and brutal power with saturation.
The little Moog app even eats most synths for breakfast here :)
A lot synth can sound similar to a certain point.
Then they fall down very fast against the special ones.
I find f.e. The Legend has almost too much to tweak and the FX doesn‘t fit so well like the ones in the Moog app. The sweet spot is much bigger in the app for me. Sometimes less is more.
Strongly modulated stuff rarely sounds musical to my ears and usually doesn't fit in songs with sung lyrics.

I don't know the Moog app, is it for smart phones? (Since W10 I am no longer sure what the difference is, in W10 normal applications and programs are also referred to as apps, it seems.)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know the Moog app, is it for smart phones?
NOT smartphones... It's for iPhones :hihi: (don't bother... for the price of an iPhone you can buy a "real" (hardware) synth, like the Behringer clone... and eventually even saving money).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't know the Moog app, is it for smart phones?
NOT smartphones... It's for iPhones :hihi: (don't bother... for the price of an iPhone you can buy a "real" (hardware) synth).
:D True. But if you already have an iPad or iPhone it´s amazing for a few bucks.
By far my favorite Minimoog :D And you need 4 hardware for the voices :wink:

So i wait for the 5 dollar version of this here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAZfdlIX6Cc

Cinebient wrote: So i wait for the 5 dollar version of this here:
With a sample set from 8DIO? Dream on... :lol:

And where would you store the 150 GB sample content?
Last edited by fmr on Tue May 01, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Cinebient wrote: But if you already have an iPad or iPhone...
Why would someone spend money on that sh!t? :hihi:

I have a smartphone comparable to an iPhone 8+ and I paid 200 euros for it.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:

Yeah....DREAM synth! :hihi:
You know iPads are up to 512GB now.

fmr wrote:

Well, if you want analog sounding synths in a pocket there is no other choice.
Only P900 sounds slightly better now. :D

Cinebient wrote:
fmr wrote:

Yeah... for 1.000 euros and up :dog: For that price, you better buy the original instrument. You get a keyboard and a user interface control panel full of knobs for free :borg:

And you support a great guy that makes synthesizers, not a greedy and shady multinational.
Last edited by fmr on Tue May 01, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:

A Vodafone one? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
fmr wrote:

A Vodafone one? 8)
Nope... a Xiaomi (actually, although it costed 200 euros, I had to pay the VAT when it arrived, which raised the price, but still... 300 euros is WAY LESS than 939)
Last edited by fmr on Tue May 01, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Nope... a Xiaomi
I have heard of that brand, but never seen any here.
The Chinese are catching up fast and already overtaking. The new Huawei is also said to be excellent :)

fmr wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
fmr wrote:

Yeah... for 1.000 euros and up :dog: For that price, you better buy the original instrument. You get a keyboard and a user interface control panel full of knobs for free :borg: And you support a great guy, that makes synthesizers, not a greedy multinational
Maybe half true but i also like to support the developers who give me awesome apps for a few bucks. The iPhone, iPad is just a very versatile dive to interact with them which i often find closer to hardware....if i don´t want to use extra external controllers for everything.
I could get a good Model D from Behringer of course as well for about 300.
But back to dream synths. It´s not always the fancy features and latest sound engines. It´s often about how fast and easy it´s to use and if i have fun and it feels musical to me.
So maybe my next dream synth is Obsidian (another iOS synth inside a coming DAW). It´s like a very little Falcon but for me it would be more usable since i hate to use Falcon and clicking around and it´s not fun for live usage as well.
Here, sure a toy for you but kind of little dream synth for me: http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11960
All these monster workstations are not speaking to me anymore maybe.
Also if i can´t run 2-3 instances of a synth like Avenger on a i7 quadcore it´s useless for me.
I might go iOS mainly for synth indeed and sell some plug-ins :wink:

Cinebient wrote: So maybe my next dream synth is Obsidian (another iOS synth inside a coming DAW). It´s like a very little Falcon but for me it would be more usable since i hate to use Falcon and clicking around and it´s not fun for live usage as well.
Here, sure a toy for you but kind of little dream synth for me: http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11960
All these monster workstations are not speaking to me anymore maybe.
Also if i can´t run 2-3 instances of a synth like Avenger on a i7 quadcore it´s useless for me.
I might go iOS mainly for synth indeed and sell some plug-ins :wink:
Well, if it's what works for you, what can I say? :shrug:

Fortunately, we are free to make our own choices.

EDIT: What is an i7 quadcore? :hihi: You mean another shitty ultra-expensive Apple computer, right?
Fernando (FMR)

Lol, I literally can't think of anything more remote from my dream synth than an iphone app emulating a boring old analogue synth.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:Lol, I literally can't think of anything more remote from my dream synth than an iphone app emulating a boring old analogue synth.
Cinebient is in love with the Moog sound :hihi: Everything that sounds "Moogish" is enough to make him feel in heaven.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”