Upcoming synths 2018?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, if there's all this potential guys, where is it? Again, it's almost May and I haven't bought one new synth this year and I buy pretty much everything new.

Maybe it's possible that all these devs don't see the potential that you do.

...or maybe it just takes longer to make something impressive....

Im in no rush anyway, got plenty to keep me going, but there is def some new stuff coming, that i do know. :wink:

Diversion 2. Can't wait.

AnX wrote:...or maybe it just takes longer to make something impressive....

Im in no rush anyway, got plenty to keep me going, but there is def some new stuff coming, that i do know. :wink:
Well sure, eventually somebody is going to make something. The industry won't die. But if you compare this year to last year, forget it. We're miles behind in new products as far as synths go.

wagtunes wrote:

Well sure, eventually somebody is going to make something. The industry won't die. But if you compare this year to last year, forget it. We're miles behind in new products as far as synths go.

I havent bought anything for years.... i get nfr stuff obviously, but i can honestly say nothing has caught my eye/ear for a long time (software)

What did you buy last year?

Do we really need more synths?

Hmm...yep. :hihi:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

I havent bought anything for years.... i get nfr stuff obviously, but i can honestly say nothing has caught my eye/ear for a long time (software)

Last year I spent close to 9 grand on stuff including new things such as

The Legend
Reaktor 6
PolyM
Fathom
Thorn
Sonic Academy ANA 2
Infinite Pro
Sugar Bytes Aparillo
Arturia Collection V6

And lots more. I almost went broke.

This year, at the rate things are going, I'll be lucky to spend 2 grand and I doubt I'l even come close to that and so far all of what I've spent ($698) has been on FX.

Who cares, unless a miracle happens and there is a new synth I have nothing to complain about, I will just keep using the same stuff as always :hihi:

wagtunes wrote:
AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

The Legend
Reaktor 6
PolyM
Fathom
Thorn
Sonic Academy ANA 2
Infinite Pro
Sugar Bytes Aparillo
Arturia Collection V6

This year, at the rate things are going, I'll be lucky to spend 2 grand and I doubt I'l even come close to that and so far all of what I've spent ($698) has been on FX.
I got Legend free (i prob wouldnt have bought it), the rest did nothing for me (Reaktor is good, but i refuse to deal with NI)

All down to taste i guess, and i dont make commercial banks.

I will get Zebra 3 for free anyway and i don´t know what synth i could even buy.
When i just play with the Logic intern tools and my few synth plug-ins i´m covered at everything for sure.
Physical modeling tools could interest me.
Dune 3 maybe too.
Otherwise i guess i don´t will buy any synth this year or next year :)

AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
AnX wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

The Legend
Reaktor 6
PolyM
Fathom
Thorn
Sonic Academy ANA 2
Infinite Pro
Sugar Bytes Aparillo
Arturia Collection V6

I got Legend free (i prob wouldnt have bought it), the rest did nothing for me (Reaktor is good, but i refuse to deal with NI)

All down to taste i guess, and i dont make commercial banks.
None of that being the point. Your taste aside, there's nothing out there for you to love OR hate. It is non existent.

Igro wrote:Diversion 2. Can't wait.
Yep!

Don't get it, why should someone care if this years starts more slowly than the last one with synth releases? Unless someone has GAS... If there will be released some new synth I only hope it won't be a bloated workstation like it seems to be modern now :D

Return to “Instruments”