The Mangle (SoundGuru), is it still alive ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AJYoung wrote:So, here's an anecdote that involves me not thinking too far ahead.

My only hold-up on buying The Mangle was that if I ever accidentally lost the installer, I wouldn't be able to get a new one. I've tested the demo on my system and it works great, and I love the workflow and interface. It's the perfect granular plugin for me.

I've been keeping a casual eye on this thread recently. When I heard that there were now permanent download links, I was ecstatic! I went and bought it... and of course was given the temporary download links from e-junkie.com that are generated upon purchase.

I've downloaded and installed it and backed up the installer, but here lies the problem: because I was not a customer before that email was sent, I don't have the email and thus the links to the permanent downloads.

Huh. Didn't think that one through. Oops. :dog:

Summary: if the dev goes AWAL again, new customers won't have access to the permanent download links.
Contact him. If he doesn't get back to you, PM me your receipt and I'll PM the links to you.

Will do, that's my next step. And thanks for the offer, I'll let you know.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Seventh7 wrote:It shocks me how cheap and entitled some people are. Everyone is so paranoid about re-downloadability and support. Meanwhile everyone says the plugin works fine as-is, and the thing is only $27 to begin with.

Worst case scenario, you would’ve had to buy it again because you were too disorganized to back the installation files up the first time around.

And if somehow it stops working, oh well, you lost about much as you spend on a couple cups of coffee... a purchase that leaves you with nothing to show for it once consumed except a caffeine addiction.

It would be one thing if it was really a crappy bit of software or a cash grab gimmick meant to con you, but that’s not what this has been. It’s an excellent working plugin that has been vetted.
I agree. It’s one thing when a developer charges a premium and then disappears (Cough, cough, Wayoutware) but when a developer releases a really cool tool for so little, and you’re all bent out of shape because you didn’t back up your download... :dog:

Think about the price. It’s about what many preset packs cost. I’ve purchased instruments and effects for similar costs just because they had good factory presets, or seemed like they’d be a fun way to kill an evening learning and messing with it. I’m not saying I’d jump on board and purchase this, or anything else from this guy, but I also don’t get the extreme wounded act. If that’s all it takes to remove the wind from your sails, you’re going to find life difficult.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Seventh7 wrote:It shocks me how cheap and entitled some people are. Everyone is so paranoid about re-downloadability and support. Meanwhile everyone says the plugin works fine as-is, and the thing is only $27 to begin with.

Worst case scenario, you would’ve had to buy it again because you were too disorganized to back the installation files up the first time around.

And if somehow it stops working, oh well, you lost about much as you spend on a couple cups of coffee... a purchase that leaves you with nothing to show for it once consumed except a caffeine addiction.

It would be one thing if it was really a crappy bit of software or a cash grab gimmick meant to con you, but that’s not what this has been. It’s an excellent working plugin that has been vetted.
I agree. It’s one thing when a developer charges a premium and then disappears (Cough, cough, Wayoutware) but when a developer releases a really cool tool for so little, and you’re all bent out of shape because you didn’t back up your download... :dog:

Think about the price. It’s about what many preset packs cost. I’ve purchased instruments and effects for similar costs just because they had good factory presets, or seemed like they’d be a fun way to kill an evening learning and messing with it. I’m not saying I’d jump on board and purchase this, or anything else from this guy, but I also don’t get the extreme wounded act. If that’s all it takes to remove the wind from your sails, you’re going to find life difficult.
+1 I was going come on and say stop whining and make music but I was busy making music. :phones:

I have a completely different link for download where all the versions are still available but again, this is exclusively for owners because there is no copy protection.
The latest link is dated 12/16/2015.
I've got no email recently, but I kept records like wagtunes.
Last edited by liquidsound on Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

double post
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

aMUSEd wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Seventh7 wrote:Though as others have mentioned, the download link is now publicly available in perpetuity as of a couple days ago.
Where?
+1. Post please!
In the email, as it has been written a few posts above.

Here is the content of the email :

That's not publicly available then - only the people who got the email which is not all owners (as has been stated several times now)
Okay not linked publicly on the site, but I assumed every other owner got the email like I did. If not, that’s likely a mistake.

BlackWinny wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Seventh7 wrote:Though as others have mentioned, the download link is now publicly available in perpetuity as of a couple days ago.
Where?
+1. Post please!
In the email, as it has been written a few posts above.

Here is the content of the email :

That's not publicly available then - only the people who got the email which is not all owners (as has been stated several times now)
The URLs are hidden !

Tom's email address is public on his website !

And the other one is mine !

So, please, stop that paranoia !

There is absolutely nothing illegal in this post !
huh? What are you on about? What 'paranoia'?

Still no email

BlackWinny wrote:You behave as someone who wants to have under your eyes the evidence that Tom wrote that the links are now for perpetuity ! We put the evidence under your eyes ! And now you answer that putting this evidence under your eyes are illegal ??? Hey, man, what do you want exactly ? And where does this paranoia come from ? There is absolutely not the least element which is secret in this message, having hidden the links ! So stop ! If you don't want us to show you the evidence of this perpetuity of the links, don't ask for it ! We are not used to make illegal things, man ! We are perfectly honest !
Who is being 'paranoid' exactly?

zerocrossing wrote:

I agree. It’s one thing when a developer charges a premium and then disappears (Cough, cough, Wayoutware) but when a developer releases a really cool tool for so little, and you’re all bent out of shape because you didn’t back up your download...
You know what is really absurd is how people simply stating that they have not had the email from Tom that provides an enduring download link that most users seem to have had are being accused of being 'entitled', 'disorganised', 'cheap', 'bent out of shape' and now (increasingly bizarrely) 'paranoid' when it's a perfectly reasonable request to want to be able to stay on a mailing list of an extremely hard to contact and inconsistent developer to ensure continued occasional updates (if and when they happen) as well as get access again to what was unequivocally the latest version. I can't see any of the people saying they haven't got the emails doing anything more than calmly saying they haven't got one, all the 'bent out of shapedness' is coming from those supposedly calm, non 'paranoid' and clearly much holier than thou people.

Regarding the e-mail screenshot above - was similar thing sent to people who bought Tangle? Is there also a chance it's gonna be further developed?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

wagtunes wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:You behave as someone who wants to have under your eyes the evidence that Tom wrote that the links are now for perpetuity ! We put the evidence under your eyes ! And now you answer that putting this evidence under your eyes are illegal ??? Hey, man, what do you want exactly ? And where does this paranoia come from ? There is absolutely not the least element which is secret in this message, having hidden the links ! So stop ! If you don't want us to show you the evidence of this perpetuity of the links, don't ask for it ! We are not used to make illegal things, man ! We are perfectly honest !
The problem is, and I spoke to Tom about this, there's no copy protection on this plugin. I have a system where I write down every serial number of every plugin I bought and keep it in a file in My Documents. And it's backed up on another drive in case I have a crash. There is no serial for The Mangle. So the problem is, if the links are posted publicly, anybody can download this VST and use it, even if they never bought it.

That's why we had Plexus remove the links. Thank goodness I realized this before I posted the links.

I don't remember the reason Tom said there was no copy protection but I still have the email and can find it if I have to.

It is just another one of the many things that have puzzled me about this product since day one.

But it's his business so he can basically do what he wants.
There is no link in the PDF file.

The information http sound guru is useless... it it the URL of the website itself.

The name of the file is useless too. It would have been written any where in any post.

The rest is nothing else than the message with the confirmation that the link sent to the users is now perpetual.

There is NOTHING ELSE in this message. NOTHING ELSE !
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Just BlackWinny getting heated up over nothing again.

antic604 wrote:Regarding the e-mail screenshot above - was similar thing sent to people who bought Tangle? Is there also a chance it's gonna be further developed?
I got Tangle as an attachment and it's still working. I presumed because it was in an earlier stage of development.

BlackWinny wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
The problem is, and I spoke to Tom about this, there's no copy protection on this plugin. I have a system where I write down every serial number of every plugin I bought and keep it in a file in My Documents. And it's backed up on another drive in case I have a crash. There is no serial for The Mangle. So the problem is, if the links are posted publicly, anybody can download this VST and use it, even if they never bought it.

That's why we had Plexus remove the links. Thank goodness I realized this before I posted the links.

I don't remember the reason Tom said there was no copy protection but I still have the email and can find it if I have to.

It is just another one of the many things that have puzzled me about this product since day one.

But it's his business so he can basically do what he wants.
There is no link in the PDF file.

The information http sound guru is useless... it it the URL of the website itself.

The name of the file is useless too. It would have been written any where in any post.

The rest is nothing else than the message with the confirmation that the link sent to the users is now perpetual.

There is NOTHING ELSE in this message. NOTHING ELSE !
Hey man, smoke a joint and chill. I was just relaying some facts.

Sheesh.

Return to “Instruments”