New Rob Papen synth : Go2

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
ians
KVRist
132 posts since 26 Oct, 2004 from U.K.

Post Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:11 am

ians wrote:
ians wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Ok, back to the synth, this time really.
I've noticed that there are pops and clicks in many presets.
In bank "20 Oddiction 01", from preset number 35 upwards.

It's just my environment (win10 64bit, Reaper) or someone else also can reproduce this?

Icould create a support ticket at robpapen, but i wanna know if else has this problem too....

Yep. Here too. Steady distorted click. Surely not right
It actually fades away over time
In fact it's on loads fo presets

ians
KVRist

Re: New Rob Papen synth : Go2

Post Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:17 am

I put a support ticket in

tonedef71
KVRian
896 posts since 21 Sep, 2007 from USA

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:19 am

Calm down lad, and download the free demo today.
[Intel Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Waveform 9; Studio One 4 Pro; FL Studio 20; RapidComposer; Sundog Song Studio; Orb Composer; Pizzicato | FL Studio ASIO (WASAPI) | Win10 x64]

dune_rave
KVRian
1142 posts since 23 Jun, 2006 from Hungary

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:02 am

ians wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Ok, back to the synth, this time really.
I've noticed that there are pops and clicks in many presets.
In bank "20 Oddiction 01", from preset number 35 upwards.

It's just my environment (win10 64bit, Reaper) or someone else also can reproduce this?

Icould create a support ticket at robpapen, but i wanna know if else has this problem too....

Yep. Here too. Steady distorted click. Surely not right
My problem was solved quickly :) My latency setting was 256 samples, but when I changed it to 512, the crackles disappeared.
Moreover, got a link to a fixed version, where I have no problem though I have the lower latency setting.

ians
KVRist

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:09 am

Got a link to a new version as well. seems to have fixed even at 64 buffer size

dune_rave
KVRian

Post Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 am

Niowiad
KVRist
196 posts since 25 Jan, 2017

Post Tue May 01, 2018 6:50 am

Kind of weird the mouse-wheel is still not implemented to control the interface of this last and more recent softsynth in the RP line.

I have (and absolutely love) Blue2, I'm waiting for it's successor and I hope the mouse-wheel gets implemented for faster and more efficient patch programming workflow.

dune_rave
KVRian

Post Tue May 01, 2018 7:26 am

Then there are two RP synths PRISMA currently can't load:
Go2 and
Subboombass2

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Post Thu May 03, 2018 5:42 am

EnGee wrote:It sounds nicer to me than Predator 2. More like Dune 2 (the pluck like sounds especially). So if you have Dune 2, not sure if GO2 would add something!
It kept eating my mind, so I kept demoing it! It is really good so in the end I bought it :clown:

The main thing is it can do many kind of sounds and indeed its simplicity is a strength! Like Polysix or SH101 as VA. It sounds really good! Couldn't ignore it! :cry:
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

sacer
KVRist
380 posts since 8 Jan, 2012 from frankfurt, Germany

Post Fri May 04, 2018 9:27 am

I also really like very much, sounds really great

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
7059 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 pm

EnGee wrote:
EnGee wrote:It sounds nicer to me than Predator 2. More like Dune 2 (the pluck like sounds especially). So if you have Dune 2, not sure if GO2 would add something!
It kept eating my mind, so I kept demoing it! It is really good so in the end I bought it :clown:
The main thing is it can do many kind of sounds and indeed its simplicity is a strength! Like Polysix or SH101 as VA. It sounds really good! Couldn't ignore it! :cry:
I was going to say that it beats DUNE 2 by having everything on the front panel. I don't mind making sounds from scratch in DUNE2, but trying to tweak a preset to get it do exactly what you need is such an ordeal that I almost never use it. OTOH, I can see myself using this a lot.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, Win10), Zoom U24, Orion 64 bit, Maschine Mikro, Elektron Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket, MicroMonsta, Uno

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
7059 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed May 09, 2018 10:07 pm

chk071 wrote:This synth doesn't do anything for me though. Filters sound bog standard 2007. Sorry to say, but, especially filters have come a long way in the last 10 years, and i really can't hear that here.
Yet all anyone wants is recreations of filters from 40 years ago. But with this, I don't see that the filters are as important as they'd be for a standard V/A. You get the character here through the oscillator so I see them more like an added extra, rather than an essential part of the sound design process. Sure, if I wanted something with a great, screaming resonance, I wouldn't use this but that's only about one instrument per song, which leaves this plenty of opportunity to do good work.

On another note, I'm a graphic artist by trade and I've made dozens of synths GUIs but I can't believe how much effort has been devoted to complaining about the GUI on this thing. Do I like teal? No. Do I give a flying fig what highlight colour they use on the GUI of a synth plugin? Hell, no! If that's people's biggest issue with this instrument, it must be one hell of a synth.
NOVAkILL 3.0 : Acer Switch5 (Core i5, Win10), Zoom U24, Orion 64 bit, Maschine Mikro, Elektron Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket, MicroMonsta, Uno

Aloysius
KVRAF
22057 posts since 11 Aug, 2008 from a computer

Post Wed May 09, 2018 11:28 pm

So, you're a professional graphic artist and you had no idea how important the look of things is to the customer. Then when it's pointed out to you how important is, you dismiss the customers idea of importance as silliness. This doesn't make a lot of sense. Why do you think people are employed as graphic artists?

BOSS: Have you finished that GUI BONES?
BONES: Yeah
BOSS: The customers are complaining.
BONES: Do I give a flying fig what highlight colour was used on the GUI of a synth plugin?
BOSS: You're fired.
I didn't get where I am today ...

AnX
KVRAF
2996 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Wed May 09, 2018 11:33 pm

BONES wrote: If that's people's biggest issue with this instrument, it must be one hell of a synth.

Or ppl may look at it and think 'f**k that, i cant look at that for hours on end' and not bother trying it.

As it happens, you can change the colour, so its not a big problem.

For me, i already have these sounds covered, so no sale.

EnGee
KVRAF
4767 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from New Zealand

Post Thu May 10, 2018 1:48 am

BONES wrote: I was going to say that it beats DUNE 2 by having everything on the front panel. I don't mind making sounds from scratch in DUNE2, but trying to tweak a preset to get it do exactly what you need is such an ordeal that I almost never use it. OTOH, I can see myself using this a lot.
It has a very nice workflow with this one page design. The colour doesn't bother me anymore, although I still think it is a 'lazy' design a little bit, but it is functional and clear.

It can do surprisingly many kinds of sound! Although not sure it will be my only synth but definitely from the first 5 synths I would think of inserting! As with other good synths, it needs time to know its strengths and weaknesses. The presets are tricky as some pads are noisy while others are very clear and smooth and this also apply on other kind of sounds. My conclusion in the end, is depends a lot on how you program your presets as it is a capable synth and not a one-trick pony!
Donate or bid in the "Call to Arms: Charity - 2nd Hand" and/or Visit the main auction here (Till 31st of October 2018).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's donate to help the kids and save our planet.

Return to “Instruments”